• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSF's gunshot death: "So bored till playing with my revolver," he texted a friend.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bored with his overnight sentry duty, a 19-year-old full-time police national serviceman played with his service revolver, taking out four bullets from the five-chamber gun.

Shortly after, Special Constable Gopi Arivalakan was found dead with a single gunshot wound to his head inside the toilet of a static security post at an embassy in Tanglin.

State Coroner Marvin Bay yesterday said forensic evidence pointed to Mr Gopi inflicting the fatal injury while "playing" with his revolver, emptying four of the five loaded rounds and accidentally discharging the remaining round, during an "act of extreme risk-taking, rather than actual suicide". He found the young policeman's death to be an "unfortunate misadventure".

The coroner's court heard that Mr Gopi enlisted into national service on Nov 4, 2014, and was posted to Bukit Timah Neighbourhood Police Centre in April.

On May 26, he reported for his night shift duty, due to start at 8pm and end at 8am the next day.

He was issued with his service revolver, 10 rounds of ammunition, a pair of handcuffs and a T-baton at about 7.30pm.

Half an hour later, Mr Gopi and a colleague were sent to their separate static security posts, located on the same protected establishment.

During the night, colleagues visited Mr Gopi a few times. They also brought him food. He was seen to be his usual jovial and easy-going self, even laughing and smiling.

Two colleagues last saw him at about 6.30am.

Two minutes later, Mr Gopi told a friend via a text message: "So bored till playing with my revolver. (sic)"

Just before 7am, a cleaner tried to open the door of the security post, but could not. She later told Mr Gopi's colleague in the other post that it seemed to be unoccupied.

The colleague then went to check on Mr Gopi's post, but could only manage to nudge the toilet door slightly. He saw a pool of blood and requested assistance.

Paramedics who arrived at 7.40am pronounced Mr Gopi dead.

Four unexpended ammunition rounds were scattered on the floor of the toilet, while a spent cartridge was found inside a chamber of his revolver. The bullet was later found in the air-conditioning piping on the toilet ceiling.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: NSF's gunshot death: "So bored till playing with my revolver," he texted a friend

Foreigners and first generation PR's can get generous scholarships and need not worry about unfortunate accidents like that.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: NSF's gunshot death: "So bored till playing with my revolver," he texted a friend

He should have learnt how to enjoy own company or play with his other revolver.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It must be real fun :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Literally bored to death.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did his parents vote for ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

China Embassy izzit? Next time don't send the hated Indian enemy to guard their embassy lah.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Where is Madmansg?

He will say that NS are killing us!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gopi is a lucky chap.........his problems are over.....no need to worry about overcrowded MRT and buses........losing job to FTs........

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How to fight a war when dumbass sinkies are accidentally killing themselves on guard duty.

all the enemy has to do is wait for night time to come,wait till all the sinkies are drifting in lullaby land,wait for a lone sinkie to go to the toilet and wait for the flash and the gunshot bang and then signal all clear and sneak into the camp and plant the bomb.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Imagine if he was armed with SAR-21 or M203, or grenade, or worse....

Fake Scholar Generals, why donnt you do guard duty and show how it it done?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good to see mother nature weeding the weak.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who cares a fucking shit skin killed itself with a gun so what. Nobody killed it it decied to kill itself.