• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why men in Singapore wear sandals everywhere they go?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
white-long-sleeve-shirt-grey-dress-pants-dark-brown-sandals-black-belt-large-11061.jpg
barn-jacket-long-sleeve-shirt-chinos-sandals-belt-large-11062.jpg
9772982_orig.jpg

Onitsuka, why don't you dress like that and walk around in Singapore.

All I can say to you is - stupidity is like a giant car heading towards a brick wall and everyone's arguing over where they're going to sit.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't help but notice this when I am travelling on the mrt, in shopping centres and everywhere.

Don't they find it strange? They wear a peoper collar shirt and long pants. As you zoom down to their feet, it is a pair of sandals showing their ugly toes.

Why even bother to wear long pants or a collar shirt? If you want to wear sandals, just wear a tshirt and bermudas to make yourself even more comfy. No?

My conclusion is that Singaporean men have bad dress-sense. No difference from the mainland chinese and indian foreign workers who dress and wear sandals all the time.

Your thoughts?

Never mind how one dresses; I think it's more important that one is well off.

My biz associates and I often fly to London or NY by 1st or suite class, and for comfort we wear Bermuda shorts, T-shirts and sandals.

On board, the cabin crews still have got to be at our beck and call.

In London I stay at the Dorchester Hotel and in NY it's the St Regis at 5th Ave.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never mind how one dresses; I think it's more important that one is well off.

My biz associates and I often fly to London or NY by 1st or suite class, and for comfort we wear Bermuda shorts, T-shirts and sandals.

On board, the cabin crews still have got to be at our beck and call.

In London I stay at the Dorchester Hotel and in NY it's the St Regis at 5th Ave.

And? That makes you feel cultured?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't help but notice this when I am travelling on the mrt, in shopping centres and everywhere.

Don't they find it strange? They wear a peoper collar shirt and long pants. As you zoom down to their feet, it is a pair of sandals showing their ugly toes.

Why even bother to wear long pants or a collar shirt? If you want to wear sandals, just wear a tshirt and bermudas to make yourself even more comfy. No?

My conclusion is that Singaporean men have bad dress-sense. No difference from the mainland chinese and indian foreign workers who dress and wear sandals all the time.

Your thoughts?

Hi. I believe they injured their feet. I wore long sleeve with pants tug in and sandals when my feet got blisters. No chocie as work dresscode insist on business attire. Yeah look damn ugly I know.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. I believe they injured their feet. I wore long sleeve with pants tug in and sandals when my feet got blisters. No chocie as work dresscode insist on business attire. Yeah look damn ugly I know.

You obviously have not heard of a blister plaster before.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Onitsuka, why don't you dress like that and walk around in Singapore.

All I can say to you is - stupidity is like a giant car heading towards a brick wall and everyone's arguing over where they're going to sit.

Oh, so it's bad dress sense if I walk around in Singapore, but not Milan ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you Burmese? It is in their cultural dress code. Is Singapore's cultural dress code long pants, collar shirt and sandals?

dress shirts and pants and sandals are normal attire around the bay of bengal. bengali, banglas and burmese are taking over sg. it's a sign and fashion of things to cum. as a sinkie, you have to prepare and accept your fate as the bengal fashion tsunami is sweeping sg.

Last edited: