• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since today is Thanksgiving Day, I am treating all of you to a (virtual) traditional turkey dinner! :smile:

thanksgiving-turkey.jpg

with homemade cranberry sauce

CranberrySauce%20(1).jpg

and a slice of pumpkin pie

part-pumpkinpie.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I know Turkey Day is too American. Since we all live in a global village, do enjoy and celebrate this Thanksgiving Day :smile:

P.S. Not forgetting to thank Boss Sam for this SBF for all of us to TCSS! :biggrin:

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Virtual Thanksgiving dinner? I feel sorry for you.

My wife and I have been in the US for slightly over three months now. We got our US citizenship last month.

Tonight we will have a real Thanksgiving dinner with our relatives.

To those Sinkies who are still vacillating: give up your Sinkie citizenship (it's worthless) and come over here to live the American dream. It is not too late.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's thanksgiving morning here, and my turkey is still soaking in a 5-gallon pot filled with aromatics, brine and ice cubes. dinner is 11 hours to go.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cranberry sauce is homemade from ripen cranberries, brown sugar, a few clovers and a dash of lemon juice. strips of orange peels will add zest to the mix.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i made the mistake of using a wooden spatula to stir the pot of cranberries. the red stain will stay on the spatula for months. highly recommend a stainless steel spoon.

image.jpg

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's thanksgiving morning here, and my turkey is still soaking in a 5-gallon pot filled with aromatics, brine and ice cubes. dinner is 11 hours to go.

View attachment 24717

Bro., dun forget to take a picture of the finished product and post the pic here, ok?

We will let the other brothers in this forum be the judges and rate how good is your roasted turkey when compared to the one in my picture above!

I took a look at your turkey pic, your turkey look quite small leh, less than 15 lbs?

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My wife and I have been in the US for slightly over three months now. We got our US citizenship last month.

To those Sinkies who are still vacillating: give up your Sinkie citizenship (it's worthless) and come over here to live the American dream. It is not too late.

Oh, thank you for feeling sorry for me :smile:

Truth be told, I have had my share of real Thanksgiving turkeys in years past. :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro., dun forget to take a picture of the finished product and post the pic here, ok?

We will let the other brothers in this forum be the judges and rate how good is your roasted turkey when compared to the one in my picture above!

I took a look at your turkey pic, your turkey look quite small leh, less than 15 lbs?

10 lbs this year as i only invited joe, mo, curlie, nelson, and freddy. since the latter two are vegetarians like tony, there will be too much meat on the table. last year, the turkey was 12 lbs. the previous year, it was 15 lbs. meat portions and consumption will shrink over time as we get older. 5 years from now when we lose our teeth, we'll be dining only on cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and mash potato.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

3 months can get US citizenship? I want.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 lbs this year as i only invited joe, mo, curlie, nelson, and freddy. since the latter two are vegetarians like tony, there will be too much meat on the table. last year, the turkey was 12 lbs. the previous year, it was 15 lbs. meat portions and consumption will shrink over time as we get older. 5 years from now when we lose our teeth, we'll be dining only on cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and mash potato.

Why no invite me?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In sinkapore, so convenient ...Cold Storage can do one for you ...no hassle.

safeway and costco offer to prepare full turkey meals too according to your preference. but the fun is in doing it yourself as it's a 2-day holiday. moreover, football on tv is on all day and all shops and eateries are closed, except chinese restaurants. next year, i'll smoke my turkey in the backyard.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to buy a 12-lb turkey for three persons. So, 10 lbs seem ok for a small group.

BTW, dun feel bad if your roasted turkey does not turn out to be like the one in my pic above because the one shown in the pic above is a googled pic from a food magazine (I think) :smile::biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to buy a 12-lb turkey for three persons. So, 10 lbs seem ok for a small group.

BTW, dun feel bad if your roasted turkey does not turn out to be like the one in my pic above because the one shown in the pic above is a googled pic from a food magazine (I think) :smile::biggrin:

staged pics for food magazines usually use semi-cooked turkeys with blow torch and touch up paint on them. :biggrin: