• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ibrahim International Business District (IIBD)

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too cheap, cannot buy cos market crashed. Too expensive, also cannot buy cos no tenants, market crashed.
It will be oversupply + oversupply. Die die also cannot buy.

No no. Cannot buy. Johor very dangerous. Wait he kena robbed or worst killed while going shopping or having some refreshment at the mall.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah. U no good lah. Y go page for him? U know he missed the boat. Dont add more salt to his wound lah.:smile:

Aya been in JB since the 1980s lah, missed what boat? Wan to go in, long ago can already but from 1993, till now, already done two transactions in Oz, once in Perth and most recently in Melbourne by passed Johor and Malaysia altogether.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No no. Cannot buy. Johor very dangerous. Wait he kena robbed or worst killed while going shopping or having some refreshment at the mall.

Ha ha this one JB forum let you have your day, outside this forum, I know tons of Singaporeans dare not even enter JB, I keep telling them still Ok but they still not convinced. Don't just hide in JB forums lah, of course all of you sing same tune, get out and mix around a bit and gather real information of what many Singaporeans think of JB.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct. I saw him repeating several times 1million threshold should be removed. I also wonder out loud y he keep posting in JB thread when he had so much "negative" feedback on Iskandar region? Yes....he missed the boat.:smile:

Please lah to help you guys to clear the hundreds of thousands of pipeline supply, so that my gloomy outlook can change, how do I benefit? Just FYI I do not need to buy under RM 1 million slightly larger than Singapore pigeon hole properties, I am looking at semi detached and above preferably corner. So I am never in your type of below RM1 million market.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah to help you guys to clear the hundreds of thousands of pipeline supply, so that my gloomy outlook can change, how do I benefit? Just FYI I do not need to buy under RM 1 million slightly larger than Singapore pigeon hole properties, I am looking at semi detached and above preferably corner. So I am never in your type of below RM1 million market.

Dun worry, get ready to catch the 2nd wave. Buy semiD with corner, unique and location. Not hard to sell for sure.
Like mine one, many ppl and neighbor keep on bio-ing my unit, very scare..:p

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun worry, get ready to catch the 2nd wave. Buy semiD with corner, unique and location. Not hard to sell for sure.

I don't intend to sell but it has to be near town and mall, I have to get my relative's approval to look after for me, as I cannot live there for at least 5 to 10 years from now. So have plenty of time to scout.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't intend to sell but it has to be near town and mall, I have to get my relative's approval to look after for me, as I cannot live there for at least 5 to 10 years from now. So have plenty of time to scout.

no wonder it took you 26 yrs to decide to buy a house there.:eek:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
no wonder it took you 26 yrs to decide to buy a house there.:eek:

Of course, cannot stay there because I am young, dun forget JB home not really rentable and if leave empty will be broken in. I may also not buy if I don't feel comfortable in the end. So no missing the boat for me.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, cannot stay there because I am young, dun forget JB home not really rentable and if leave empty will be broken in. I may also not buy if I don't feel comfortable in the end. So no missing the boat for me.

Curious....

How did those who buy Iskandar condos or maybe landed properties think they can rent out their condos? I do hear often in this and other forums they are trying to rent out. Well, maybe can, but the amount every month is pittance. Converted to SGD, it's like what... S$500-600 only for a 2-bedroom apartment?!

About break-ins, this is so true. A friend's uncle (Singaporean) left his JB home empty for many months I think because there was no tenant. When he went back there one day, he was shocked and disappointed that everything had been swiped out clean, leaving behind just the empty walls.

So those who intend to keep your future condos as "holiday homes", please be careful. Probably you need to make preparations or install some high security stuffs. Those guys have a way to break-in, whether it is gated or guarded.

Another thing I also noticed about JB condos is that somehow, they become very old quickly. This is something I don't understand. Don't the residents pay sinking fund? Can it not be used? Or the management simply doesn't care? Saw a picture of a JB condo like only 5 or 6 years old. The tennis court looks like it has been left unused for more than 20 years! The paint on the walls is peeling and turning black at the roof area. Sad state....

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious....

How did those who buy Iskandar condos or maybe landed properties think they can rent out their condos? I do hear often in this and other forums they are trying to rent out. Well, maybe can, but the amount every month is pittance. Converted to SGD, it's like what... S$500-600 only for a 2-bedroom apartment?!

About break-ins, this is so true. A friend's uncle (Singaporean) left his JB home empty for many months I think because there was no tenant. When he went back there one day, he was shocked and disappointed that everything had been swiped out clean, leaving behind just the empty walls.

So those who intend to keep your future condos as "holiday homes", please be careful. Probably you need to make preparations or install some high security stuffs. Those guys have a way to break-in, whether it is gated or guarded.

Another thing I also noticed about JB condos is that somehow, they become very old quickly. This is something I don't understand. Don't the residents pay sinking fund? Can it not be used? Or the management simply doesn't care? Saw a picture of a JB condo like only 5 or 6 years old. The tennis court looks like it has been left unused for more than 20 years! The paint on the walls is peeling and turning black at the roof area. Sad state....

Knew this all along, finally at least you confirm my observations, even if you want to buy in JB, one must have a plan and time line, if you are not senior enough to retire there better wait, many here plunge in to beat the RM 1 million deadline, they will actually see the end results when they actually live there, some here are very young and it may be a good 20 years or more before they retire, good luck to them.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knew this all along, finally at least you confirm my observations, even if you want to buy in JB, one must have a plan and time line, if you are not senior enough to retire there better wait, many here plunge in to beat the RM 1 million deadline, they will actually see the end results when they actually live there, some here are very young and it may be a good 20 years or more before they retire, good luck to them.

Yeah... buy it only if you can bear to lose the money. Like those who buy expensive sports car, use after a certain years, value depreciates, you shouldn't feel the pain.

I personally don't think a buyer can sell his or her Iskandar condo at a good price next time. Far too many and oversupplied. Rental will be severely depressed or non-existent. If one is retired, nothing to do, want to stay there until pass on without getting back the money, maybe ok. But if still fairly young, and got some way to go, I'm not so sure. You got to work out your plans and finances. Or maybe buy for your own use. But bear in mind the huge inconveniences in travel and your safety.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah... buy it only if you can bear to lose the money. Like those who buy expensive sports car, use after a certain years, value depreciates, you shouldn't feel the pain.

I personally don't think a buyer can sell his or her Iskandar condo at a good price next time. Far too many and oversupplied. Rental will be severely depressed or non-existent. If one is retired, nothing to do, want to stay there until pass on without getting back the money, maybe ok. But if still fairly young, and got some way to go, I'm not so sure. You got to work out your plans and finances. Or maybe buy for your own use. But bear in mind the huge inconveniences in travel and your safety.

Those who lose money buying a lamborghini are a very different league of people who rush in to beat the RM1 million dollar restrictions buying JB properties, for them $300k is probably their life savings, in the end they would look back at their lives and ask themselves why did they buy JB? Expensive as Singapore may be they could have had a great retirement in Singapore with that money. Anyway to late, pity xebay11 was not around in this forum 3 years ago to ruffle feathers and save some people from heartache.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who lose money buying a lamborghini are a very different league of people who rush in to beat the RM1 million dollar restrictions buying JB properties, for them $300k is probably their life savings, in the end they would look back at their lives and ask themselves why did they buy JB? Expensive as Singapore may be they could have had a great retirement in Singapore with that money. Anyway to late, pity xebay11 was not around in this forum 3 years ago to ruffle feathers and save some people from heartache.

SG property market was still quite good then. SG property market is very cold now. Property agents are a lot more free now. Brutal hard truth.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Totally agree. This fear is very strong even in the SG government that they came out to warn Singaporeans about the oversupply in Iskandar properties. Yet, many who have bought their properties there interpreted it as noise. Some even accused the SG government of trying to discourage people to buy Iskandar because it will affect Singapore's economy.

I think that's not true. Singapore does not need to depend on the small handful of people who have rushed to get their properties in Iskandar. We have a population of more than 5 million. Those several thousands who rushed into Iskandar are a drop of water in the ocean.

One very cunning Malaysian agent who works in SG selling Malaysian properties and has recently given talks even tried to twist and turn the situation by saying the government misinterpreted the figures. He argued the quoted numbers are for the greater Johor that excludes Iskandar. What rubbish. Oversupply is oversupply. It doesn't matter how much. If you have 500,000 properties coming up in Iskandar, even if you remove 200,000, it's still oversupplied! And it doesn't matter if it will come within the next 5 or 20 years. It's still oversupplied, just a matter of how bad is bad. Many don't seem to get this fact.

The scariest part that will come to haunt the commoners who bought their Iskandar properties is when 20 years or more later, they realize they have paid like S$500k or more with bank interest and everything included. But they are stuck with a very run down condo that no one wants and goodness knows how much RM will be by that time. Imagine what half a mil SGD can do. It can provide your kids with education, family with good lifestyle, etc. If you have the money to throw away just like that, then of course it's a different story.

The rich and those who can compare will know Singapore is a league on her own. I have a handful of junior colleagues who will gladly pay S$400-500k to live in a peace of mind in a HDB flat. I did test them and it's totally unthinkable for them to move to Iskandar for many reasons. For the same amount of RM1.2-1.5 million, I believe they can get a super spacious home, the highest floor, see whatever water from Puteri Harbour and all that. But none will think of that. We are very very far from dreaming Iskandar to be an extension of Singapore.

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not forgetting a freehold can be a leasehold , 99 yrs can be 60 yrs once they have the quota in : by a stroke of a pen

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG property market was still quite good then. SG property market is very cold now. Property agents are a lot more free now. Brutal hard truth.

What does Singapore property agents activity have to do with investment in Johor? Many still doing well, not in residential market though.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. This fear is very strong even in the SG government that they came out to warn Singaporeans about the oversupply in Iskandar properties. Yet, many who have bought their properties there interpreted it as noise. Some even accused the SG government of trying to discourage people to buy Iskandar because it will affect Singapore's economy.

I think that's not true. Singapore does not need to depend on the small handful of people who have rushed to get their properties in Iskandar. We have a population of more than 5 million. Those several thousands who rushed into Iskandar are a drop of water in the ocean.

One very cunning Malaysian agent who works in SG selling Malaysian properties and has recently given talks even tried to twist and turn the situation by saying the government misinterpreted the figures. He argued the quoted numbers are for the greater Johor that excludes Iskandar. What rubbish. Oversupply is oversupply. It doesn't matter how much. If you have 500,000 properties coming up in Iskandar, even if you remove 200,000, it's still oversupplied! And it doesn't matter if it will come within the next 5 or 20 years. It's still oversupplied, just a matter of how bad is bad. Many don't seem to get this fact.

The scariest part that will come to haunt the commoners who bought their Iskandar properties is when 20 years or more later, they realize they have paid like S$500k or more with bank interest and everything included. But they are stuck with a very run down condo that no one wants and goodness knows how much RM will be by that time. Imagine what half a mil SGD can do. It can provide your kids with education, family with good lifestyle, etc. If you have the money to throw away just like that, then of course it's a different story.

The rich and those who can compare will know Singapore is a league on her own. I have a handful of junior colleagues who will gladly pay S$400-500k to live in a peace of mind in a HDB flat. I did test them and it's totally unthinkable for them to move to Iskandar for many reasons. For the same amount of RM1.2-1.5 million, I believe they can get a super spacious home, the highest floor, see whatever water from Puteri Harbour and all that. But none will think of that. We are very very far from dreaming Iskandar to be an extension of Singapore.

Don't anyhow slander . You got it wrong la. He mentioned that said the figures are for the whole of Johore , not only Iskandar. It is not true that all condos are run down in JB after a few years. I know of some that are still in very good conditions after more than a decade.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't anyhow slander . You got it wrong la. He mentioned that said the figures are for the whole of Johore , not only Iskandar. It is not true that all condos are run down in JB after a few years. I know of some that are still in very good conditions after more than a decade.

Care to name some? I may want to go see.