• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good news: 600k + sinkies only pay min sum or never for credit card debts.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's a problematic figures of 41% of rolling over/paying minimum sum/almost defaulting.
The interest on these cards are 24% and above. That's at least 2% per month.
That's even worse than paying for a mortgage or hire purchase loan.

Maybe the cpf board should consider loaning these people "their" monies and charge them the interest instead, rather then letting the banks make the money.

DFashionist

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have no discipline in spending, you MUST not have a credit card. Always evaluate yourself your capacity and capability.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now-comes-the-part-that-we-laugh-ready-GIF

Baris, headsdown ass up, senja tak !

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hahaha those STOOPIG Lawyer Letter of Demand are standard templates prepared by part time $1,200 clerk who just copy and paste and mail to you or by their own courier.
i already ignored them for 5yrs.
To the STOOPIG BANKS - EAT YR HEART OUT hahaha

Most people dont know that below 10k cannot sue for bankruptcy. Even total amount is few tens of thousands, court might not want to proceed because too many liao

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If the PAP are going to keep increasing rentals, the local businesses are in for a tough time because of the competitiion from US companies like Amazon, iHerb, ebay,....

These companies are offering better selection & prices than the local businesses. I've been getting my socks, underwear, t-shirts, shirts, pants, shoes, phone accesories, electric tooth brush, water irrigator, iPhone, health supplements, groceries, ..... from overseas.

I go for the branded stuff so I'm not a budget shopper. I recently bought a Dyson vac & saved $200+ from getting it locally:smile:

I have wanting for iHerb to go on sale :smile:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Agree. I don't shop at local malls anymore: high prices, no diversity, chain stores everywhere selling the same stuff. I do all my shopping online nowadays from books to CDs to DVDs to kitchen appliances to clothes and mobile phones and computer accessories.

Singapore is fucking expensive owing to the govt's land pricing policies, and the retail scene is dominated by big players crowding out small-time shopkeepers who provide more variety and more competitive pricing.

Fyi - recently, i have been buying everything from KL, except supplements where inuse iHerb

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays I see many stores in Spore selling over priced items. I vote with my $ & avoid these expensive places by buying from online store like Amazon, or visiting stores in JB, KL, LOS, Batam,...

I now don't even bother going out to visit the Spore malls, except to look at items that I intend to buy online for a cheaper price.
I've already made my shopping list for the Black Friday sales in the US:smile:

Care to share your list?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most people dont know that below 10k cannot sue for bankruptcy. Even total amount is few tens of thousands, court might not want to proceed because too many liao

No la up to the court meh?
It's the creditor who decide if it's worth it to pursue due to the legal costs involved.
If amount below $10k can wait for accumulated interests etc to snowball until $10k.....another way is to find other creditors and add amount together and jointly sue.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No la up to the court meh?
It's the creditor who decide if it's worth it to pursue due to the legal costs involved.
If amount below $10k can wait for accumulated interests etc to snowball until $10k.....another way is to find other creditors and add amount together and jointly sue.

When go to court, court can ask you go for arbitration if amount is relatively low.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why use a debit card when you can get free credit?

Precisely. My credit card spending comes to about 80k to 100k annually. I get 21 to 28 days' credit on all my cards. Based on an average interest rate of 1.5% p.a. I get to save about $100 yearly – not much, but why throw good money away? It's about opportunity cost: forego free credit and you forego interest earned.

But for those who can't control their spending, then debit card is the way to go, the cost of using a credit card (snowballing debts) would be higher than the cost of using a debit card (interest forfeited).

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But for those who can't control their spending, then debit card is the way to go, the cost of using a credit card (snowballing debts) would be higher than the cost of using a debit card (interest forfeited).

Those who can't control their spending are morons. They should hang themselves or proceed to Bedok reservoir.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who can't control their spending are morons. They should hang themselves or proceed to Bedok reservoir.

Exactly! Aggregate spending limit on my cards is more USD 100K and yet I never have any problems. It's like free revolving credit. M is for moron, card issued in morning and by afternoon used up limit to buy Mac, first class prostitutes some more and I bet M is also a Mooselim nominally.

[video=youtube;pSPylOeFFhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPylOeFFhU[/video]