• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally some regulation for those e-bikes cocksuckers

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
9ef34ce.jpeg

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legislation did not go far enough. ALL cyclists should take and pass MANDATORY HIGHWAY CODE TESTS from LTA. Some form of 3rd party Insurance also be included to ensure $$$ compensation in the event of an accident causing personal injury if not death to pedestrians.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists should be kicked in the balls for being useless buggers. Allow them on the roads will just be a nuisance to the drivers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Legislation did not go far enough. ALL cyclists should take and pass MANDATORY HIGHWAY CODE TESTS from LTA. Some form of 3rd party Insurance also be included to ensure $$$ compensation in the event of an accident causing personal injury if not death to pedestrians.

How are kids going to cycle to school if all this sort of red tape is imposed?

Or earn a bit of money doing the paper run.....

job5.jpg

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

job5.jpg

You got to be kidding. The papers are being distributed by uncles in the wee hours of the morning.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
only 2 models of bike can meet this. the 1 sec foldable 17kg and the 8 sec foldable 14-15kg.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
only 2 models of bike can meet this. the 1 sec foldable 17kg and the 8 sec foldable 14-15kg.

My bike weighs 7.2Kg so I can incorporate a 10Kg battery and still be under the legal limit.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

job5.jpg
In SINKIELAND, I don't see students ride bicycles to school. Maids bring small kids to kindies and primary schools. Newspapers are delivered by adults.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In SINKIELAND, I don't see students ride bicycles to school. Maids bring small kids to kindies and primary schools. Newspapers are delivered by adults.

Yes that is very undesirable and kids should be encouraged to ride to school. I used to ride from Joo Chiat all the way to Bukit Timah to get to school. If all the rules that you are suggesting were introduced, this would no longer be possible.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
My bike weighs 7.2Kg so I can incorporate a 10Kg battery and still be under the legal limit.

it can if you set it up and get it tested and approved. and there r conditions like no throttle, speed limiters,etc. a new bike for under $700 can do this.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP is wise indeed. They have listened to the people. I am expecting the WP to praise them for their good work.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
5ish kgs for a production road bike.

My Pinarello Dogma with Dura Ace Di2 and Mavic Cosmic Carbon tubular wheel set does not come anywhere close to 5kg. It weighs in at about 6.5kg with pedals.

With my normal Alloy wheels it is above 7Kg.