• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

should I quit from my job ?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? Lots of chaps in CS doing the same thing for 3 - 5 times your salary, but i dun hear them say there is self worth problem. Why? Very simple. Because for sinkies money in pocket is self worth. Think too much no point.

What is CS ? :confused:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with the poison thing. But buying handbag I worked hard save alot of money for retirement and long time buy a ex bag for the girl I like I find nothing wrong with it lor.

Hi choot, no money.......no honey, in your case....no job, no money......no bag......no waist to hold.

Better stay on, if can find a better job that pays well, go ahead and move on by all means.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never be a quitter! Must endure!

The final outcome will be awesome and great!

Only Failures quit easily!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this thread has no meaning. If chootchiew has a choice, he wouldn't be doing this shit job for a shit pay. So it's more like ask for fun. Seriously, zero sympathy for him because he actually bought an expensive wallet for a chick who's not even his gf.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree with the poison thing. But buying handbag I worked hard save alot of money for retirement and long time buy a ex bag for the girl I like I find nothing wrong with it lor.

It is dumb to spend a lot of money on a girl who does not love you. And if the girl really loves you, she wouldn't be happy with you using money to win her love. Girls that do not love you are making you splash out lots of money on them as payment for their companionship. Having sex with you doesn't really mean anything to such women, especially in an age where women are financially independent. This ain't some ancient drama show where women make a big deal about having sex.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am on this weird job for 9 mths. Pay 2.5k with some allowance avg 250 per mth.
This job must leeport to work on time type. Even 5mins late will get warning.
The jobscope is weird. Nothing at all. Means I do not need to do anything besides signing some nonsense forms which just takes most 2mins of work.
I am going crazy going through this mental torture so pls pardon me if I always post nonsense in sbf as I have nothing to do at work. I wish the company retrench me and I can get some money better than everyday rushing to a workplace to do nothing. I told my friend to ask for opinion some ask me quit some say is the best job in the world.
I am in a dilemma becos if I quit I will be unemployed again like last yr almost 9mths I was unemployed.:(

Even I have nothing to do, my movement is being closely monitored. Also when signing on dotted line for this job, I have to accept that I am not allowed to moonlight or have another sideline. Hence I cannot utilise the time for doing own business. I can only surf internet everyday. In the beginning was shiok. After 6mths I started to lose my self worth. Literally it is exchanging 50% of my life for a meagre sgd2750 mthly.

Many girls would like to get $2.75K from a sugar daddy. You are one lucky duck.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro chootchiew, your problem is the next job, not this job. You options seem to between giving up your current job and losing $2,750 per month versus being unemployed.

Would your self-esteem be better off with that latter option ?

Is it the nature of your current job that makes you feel worthless ? Or the salary ? What if your current job pays you $8,000 a month for doing exactly the same thing ?

Since you have made it clear that you are not businessman material, I will not advise you to pursue in that direction. You either have the courage to brave the storm of uncertainty or if circumstances dictate that you start your own business. So essentially, with your choices being narrowed down, your problem is really about the next job, and the next job does not seem to be on the horizon.

Perhaps you should start looking out for the next job. If you quit your current job and remain unemployed, my fear is you may lose your g/f too. Your self-worth is going to take a bigger and harder knock.

Focus on your next job, bro.
Yeah next job is a big question mark. My area of expertise has been taken mostly by fts .that was why I self terminated myself last yr when got into some trouble with a ft manager and endup unemployed for 9 mths b4 finding this weird job. As a middle age men with no hardskill it is too limited in the job market.
Besides being self employed there r simply not much options. Self employed would means I will need to risk most of my hard savings vs my personal non business attributes success rate is low. I have tried testing driving taxi 10 yrs ago , although I enjoyed the nature of the job, the pressure of daily otang $ to taxi co put me off. Also tried security line for a few mths. It was worst than current job. If I am a parent I would encourage my child to learn a hardskill rather than going for papers.

your comments matches closely wif whats all in my mind. Next I also experienced last yr unemployed period I drifted myself fm my gal as a normal person will feel a big loser going out with a gal under unemployed status. We still meet but only 3to4 mths once. Thats why I am still hanging on now going to work like a zombie.

I believe the day when I decided to put a fullstop to this zombie life, I will also self terminate the courting relationship and enjoy my own company.

well of course the pay matters. If is 8k doing the same shit, I will even just sit still like a toa pek gong to the customer.
now after deducting cpf the take home $ is very little.
Thats where the dilemma got started.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Living in Singapore sucks.. If it is Thailand.. You can set up a egg Omelette rice side street movable stall in front of your house and sell it from Monday to Friday...

... Just to earn some allowance..

From your pathetic post, you a are this scare that when come to self employment.. No wonder you have so much limitation in life... Grow some balls lah..

You forgot that there is also an element of learning and adapting during self employment..

... Get yourself into that process while u r having your job.. Once you have completed the learning an do adaption of self employment, you can quit your job.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a side note, anyone able to guess correctly the profession ? :wink:

Haha. Noone will be able to guess becos I don't think there is such a weird job exist in this world. After working for 20+ years in many diff jobs this is the first time I encounter a job with no jobscope. I believe the client just a toa pek gong sit there be a firewall when they kena attack by business terrorist.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought you have 300k or 500k saved up?at this point you should be relying more on passive income than ur job?300 to 500k u should be generating more passive income than ur salary by now.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Living in Singapore socks.. If it is Thailand.. You can set up a egg Omelette rice side street movable stall in front of your house and sell it from Monday to Friday...

... Just to earn some allowance..

From your pathetic post, you a are this scare that when come to self employment.. No wonder you have so much limitation in life... Grow some balls lah..

You forgot that there is also an element of learning and adapting during self employment..

... Get yourself into that process while u r having your job.. Once you have completed the learning an do adaption of self employment, you can quit your job.

A decent and warm hearted advice from tonychat
Yeah in sg getting a pt job just to earn $800 is a big challenge for middle age men with no hardskills.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah why not why dont you get into the adaptation of self employment by selling keropok and kalipok 3 for $1 on a bridge like our minah does?if u need a kalipok syndicate to supply you with kalipoks just call tonychat.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought you have 300k or 500k saved up?at this point you should be relying more on passive income than ur job?300 to 500k u should be generating more passive income than ur salary by now.
Yeah I do hv some passive income but I'm very kiasi type when come to investment so I only go for moderately low risk type which endup is not that much.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah I do hv some passive income but I'm very kiasi type when come to investment so I only go for moderately low risk type which endup is not that much.

whats ur return percentage per year?u are losing out alot on growth potential if u are not seeking out the optimum returns,the difference between a 3 percent cpf return and a 9 percent SPY return can mean millions of dollars and a retirement of 3 meals a day at hawker center or restaurant.

MellowTouch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you feel not happy with your work anymore, then leave or quit. But if you find it financially beneficial then stay.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whats ur return percentage per year?u are losing out alot on growth potential if u are not seeking out the optimum returns,the difference between a 3 percent cpf return and a 9 percent SPY return can mean millions of dollars and a retirement of 3 meals a day at hawker center or restaurant.

i only own 1 fixed income portfolio in the range of 4%. The rest in fd for pathetic 1.8%.
I am too scared to go for high risk returns even I am a soccer and horse punter. sometime I just set aside 2to3k to punt on horse and soccer. win a few fold happy, lose just pcc and get over it :p