• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

should I quit from my job ?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Living in Singapore socks.. If it is Thailand.. You can set up a egg Omelette rice side street movable stall in front of your house and sell it from Monday to Friday...

Fucktard jiu hoo kia's Engrish only they themselves comprehend :rolleyes:
Monday to Friday sell omelette rice , Saturday and Sunday let ladyboy anal fuck ? :eek:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro chootchiew, mind telling us what you enjoy doing for work ? For example, customer service, cooking, driving etc. ??

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro chootchiew, mind telling us what you enjoy doing for work ? For example, customer service, cooking, driving etc. ??

I think in sg only a lucky few minority will really enjoy their job and same time making incomes.
If you ask me, my dream job is to be a band member and travel with mega stars for concerts.
In the real world, I would choose to be a child caretaker becos I love toddlers, but this job is only for woman lah :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i only own 1 fixed income portfolio in the range of 4%. The rest in fd for pathetic 1.8%.
I am too scared to go for high risk returns even I am a soccer and horse punter. sometime I just set aside 2to3k to punt on horse and soccer. win a few fold happy, lose just pcc and get over it :p

u dont have to risk your entire 300k or 500k,but i think everyone should learn to take a little risk.after all risk and return is intertwined,there can be no return without risk,u only get paid for taking risks.

u dont have to risk your entire 500k portfolio,but just take out like a 50k and 100k chuck of it and treat it as ur "risky" portfolio,whatever u save continues to go into your low risk portfolio.take the 50k or 100k as your starting capital for investing and put it into index etf funds,the S&P 500,S&P 600 and some into ishares US all REITS etf,u can even take 10 or 20k and put them into some solid Singapore blue chip companies that pays solid regular dividends,like Singtel or starhub or st engineering or fraser or capitaltrust.then leave the portfolio alone for 10 or 20 years.occasionally going back to readjust ur allocations or reinvest ur dividends.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
u dont have to risk your entire 300k or 500k,but i think everyone should learn to take a little risk.after all risk and return is intertwined,there can be no return without risk,u only get paid for taking risks.

u dont have to risk your entire 500k portfolio,but just take out like a 50k and 100k chuck of it and treat it as ur "risky" portfolio,whatever u save continues to go into your low risk portfolio.take the 50k or 100k as your starting capital for investing and put it into index etf funds,the S&P 500,S&P 600 and some into ishares US all REITS etf,u can even take 10 or 20k and put them into some solid Singapore blue chip companies that pays solid regular dividends,like Singtel or starhub or st engineering or fraser or capitaltrust.then leave the portfolio alone for 10 or 20 years.occasionally going back to readjust ur allocations or reinvest ur dividends.

The term I like to use is " learn to manage risk"

I suggest he takes out 50k to learn a skill such as programming, photoshop or hair cutting.. Then get income by self employment from these chosen skills.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I suggest he takes out 50k to learn a skill such as programming, photoshop or hair cutting.. Then get income by self employment from these chosen skills.

learning a skill isnt really scalable,u still have to go out and do the work and earn the income,and ur earning power is limited by how many hours u can work a day,its not like investing in real estate where u can buy a hdb and shoebox condo and rent them out and buy another condo,giving you 3 income streams.or buying blue chip dividend companies,u buy 10,000 singtel shares u get $2000 dividends,the next year u buy another 10000 shares and now u get $4000 dividends and so on and so forth until 10 years later u are getting $29732 dividends a year assuming u reinvest the dividends.ur earning power is unlimited assuming u keep buying 10,000 shares every year,until one day 40 years later u are looking at $5,000,000 worth of singtel stock earning u $250,000 dividends a year.

another way is to start a business and grow it until u have 50 or 100 people working for you but thats a more complicated business.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
500k no enough for retirement.

upgrade yourself.

I think human nature is programmed to feel unsafe to retire without a stream of income. 500k or 1mil is still not enough becos there is only outputs (putting aside any passive income from investment)
But human never think where the principal monies will go to after their demise.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think human nature is programmed to feel unsafe to retire without a stream of income. 500k or 1mil is still not enough becos there is only outputs (putting aside any passive income from investment)
But human never think where the principal monies will go to after their demise.

give to family members or do donation.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
learning a skill isnt really scalable,u still have to go out and do the work and earn the income,and ur earning power is limited by how many hours u can work a day,its not like investing in real estate where u can buy a hdb and shoebox condo and rent them out and buy another condo,giving you 3 income streams.or buying blue chip dividend companies,u buy 10,000 singtel shares u get $2000 dividends,the next year u buy another 10000 shares and now u get $4000 dividends and so on and so forth until 10 years later u are getting $29732 dividends a year assuming u reinvest the dividends.ur earning power is unlimited assuming u keep buying 10,000 shares every year,until one day 40 years later u are looking at $5,000,000 worth of singtel stock earning u $250,000 dividends a year.

another way is to start a business and grow it until u have 50 or 100 people working for you but thats a more complicated business.

He dun even got the balls to quit his job and you talk about scalability.. At least learning a skill is not that scary for him. After he has done that, then he got the balls to do things that is scalable.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am busy most of the time.
if one day, i stop working.

i do now know what i can do everyday.

Many people can't stop working, not because they love their job, but because they don't know how to spend their time without a job.

I even heard of retirees going into depression after a few months into retirement.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fucktard jiu hoo kia only ambition is to be a gay hairdresser :rolleyes:
Is David Gan your fuck buddy from Segamat ? :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people can't stop working, not because they love their job, but because they don't know how to spend their time without a job.

I even heard of retirees going into depression after a few months into retirement.

I know someone who asked for early retirement from the SPF. He went on long leave. During his leave, he realised his friends could not keep him company all the time. He was lonely!

Luckily, the SPF agreed to his request to cancel his application for early retirement.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know someone who asked for early retirement from the SPF. He went on long leave. During his leave, he realised his friends could not keep him company all the time. He was lonely!

Luckily, the SPF agreed to his request to cancel his application for early retirement.

Sounds like a gay cop :p