• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sarawak restores ENGLISH as official Language

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
adenan_satem_0309b_620_413_100.jpg

KUCHING, Nov 18 ― Sarawak has adopted English as the official language of the state administration, apart from Bahasa Malaysia, Chief Minister Tan Sri Adenan Satem said today.

Adenan told the state civil service gathering this morning that official government correspondence can be in both languages, adding that it was a practical and logical step.

“There is no need for any official correspondence between government departments to be in Bahasa Malaysia all the time, you can use English in your correspondence at the same time,” he said in his speech at the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK) here.

“I have been labelled as not being nationalistic or patriotic enough by others when I advocate for the use of English in Sarawak. I am just being practical and logical,” he said.

The chief minister said the use of English is necessary and unavoidable, also pointing out that it is the language of science.

He cited recent reports claiming that graduates here have been finding it hard to get employment because of their poor command of English and said this proves his point on the need to be proficient in the language.

“I do not know who made the decision not to use English in the past, but it has adversely affected other people now,” he said.

Adenan then urged the state’s civil servants to be skillful in English, reminding them that it is a universal language used as a communication tool across the globe.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...l-language-along-with-bm#sthash.ipYPCNpx.dpuf

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally a sensible chief minister. When your economy has the clout of a Korea or Japan or China, you can use your own language. Otherwise it makes sense to use English as it is now the lingua franca of commerce and trade.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smart move. The next smart and logical move is to secede from West Malaysia. Away from murderous UMNO muslim cunts.