• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PSA In Panic Attacks as NOL May be sold to Maersk and CMA CGM

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

just heard this from PSA Commercial team and they are panic.

NOL may be sold to Maersk and CMA CGM. However Maersk terminal is t Second Link Tanjong Pelepas and CMA CGM terminal is at Port Kelang.

If deal is concluded and NOL goes to either Maersk / CMA CGM, PSA will retrench 10% of its current staffs, especially those who work in the terminal.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

just heard this from PSA Commercial team and they are panic.

NOL may be sold to Maersk and CMA CGM. However Maersk terminal is t Second Link Tanjong Pelepas and CMA CGM terminal is at Port Kelang.

If deal is concluded and NOL goes to either Maersk / CMA CGM, PSA will retrench 10% of its current staffs, especially those who work in the terminal.

The irony now is that a Pioneer company, started almost when we became independent and started and owned by the taxpayers of singapore will now not even be using its Own singapore port and instead use the port and facilities of our biggest competitor. Thank u very much, Fucking PAP.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony now is that a Pioneer company, started almost when we became independent and started and owned by the taxpayers of singapore will now not even be using its Own singapore port and instead use the port and facilities of our biggest competitor. Thank u very much, Fucking PAP.

another example of papigs fucking things up BADLY

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since NOL was built from taxpayers' money, what would the sale proceeds go ?

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they sell the recipe of our success away? Lky must be turning in his grave now.

Would Singapore still be known as the largest port in the world in terms of shipping tonnage?

Why Pap keeps messing up in so many aspect of our country?

Pay millions and we get monkeys?

I want a refund!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Since NOL was built from taxpayers' money, what would the sale proceeds go ?

They go to Temasick because they bought over 66% of the shares of NOL for over $4 per share and then now drop to just over $1, and losing money like a stuckered pig, so selling to Maersk. Maersk is buying the 66% from Temasick. I would suggest that punters buy NOL shares after they are sold to Maersk. A real shipping company might be able to turn NOL around.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
They go to Temasick because they bought over 66% of the shares of NOL for over $4 per share and then now drop to just over $1, and losing money like a stuckered pig, so selling to Maersk. Maersk is buying the 66% from Temasick. I would suggest that punters buy NOL shares after they are sold to Maersk. A real shipping company might be able to turn NOL around.

Great investment idea. Thanks for the tip.

Buy Maersk.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why they sell the recipe of our success away? Lky must be turning in his grave now.

Would Singapore still be known as the largest port in the world in terms of shipping tonnage?

I want a refund!!

The recipe for success was changed after they parachuted in shit useless ex SAF scholar generals and civil serpents to run an actual international business like NOL. Its different when they parachute in these ex-SAF generals to run a domestic monopoly company like SMRT. But in a company subject to international competition, they are fuck useless.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I want a refund!!

I think Sg lost the title years ago.
Even Hk which was Sg's main competitor then also lost out to all the China ports.
The top 10 now dominated by China ports.....ok Hk also China port

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
good news for the view from my sentosa cove bungalow. less ships.

now i know why my neighbour cash out for 2.9k psf.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recipe for success was changed after they parachuted in shit useless ex SAF scholar generals and civil serpents to run an actual international business like NOL. Its different when they parachute in these ex-SAF generals to run a domestic monopoly company like SMRT. But in a company subject to international competition, they are fuck useless.

Did ex-General Baey Soo Khiang sail SIA to greater heights ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When/if the Kra happens then Sg is truly fucked. Haha huat ah! By then I think nothing left to sell and pappies run road already. Thank you 70%

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With this sale, NOL would be free to hire on merit. That means less sinkies, more foreigners. I hope General Ng Yat Chung would continue to lead NOL.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing to panic.... just sell off the port for seaside resort homes and shopping centre for the rich ftrash

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It double whammy for psa since their major client MSC just shifted their operations to ptp. Major shipping lines are in fact going through the process of consolidating by forming alliance or merging. By doing so they will have greater bargaining power with port operators.

Selling Nol might be a big mistake. In fact I do think it will be better to hire people with industry knowledge to turn things round than to parachute retire saf general.

Last edited: