• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lousy Editor in Straits Times

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is that story even news worthy to be on the front page?

What is the stupid editor trying to imply to locals especially the youth who are reading this?

There is nothing else news worthy in the world to be placed on the front page? Nothing more positive or inspiring?

No wonder ST sales is dropping like shit.

1-4cl9b.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Front page used to be monopolised by the PAP e.g. great pearls of wisdom from OUR leader.

Nowadays I guess they don't have much to say. I bet most of our leaders have gone for an early Xmas holiday.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some kids got million dollar diamond. I thought is positive no? Don't be jealous lah
You should be happy for the kid.

If I want to read positive news I won't go for the newspapers.

Newspapers give you only bombing rape sex robberies murder hatred anger and armagaddon.

Want positive news read the new testament.

Muslims don't read them so they go around bombing civilians.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Some kids got million dollar diamond. I thought is positive no? Don't be jealous lah
You should be happy for the kid.

If I want to read positive news I won't go for the newspapers.

Newspapers give you only bombing rape sex robberies murder hatred anger and armagaddon.

ST seems to be celebrating materialism and that is not positive. You will never see such news on first 3 pages on Herald Tribune

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same reason why random snippets of trivial news from all over China plaster the back page of Wanbao.

Chances are you're not the target demographic the editor has in mind. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST seems to be celebrating materialism and that is not positive. You will never see such news on first 3 pages on Herald Tribune

Hey, PAP rule over the last decade = rich man's playground. Get used to it. :wink:

I think there'll be a 'Tatler Asia' section in the Shitty Times soon, if it doesn't have one already. :cool:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh... its should never be at the expense of everything.... morality is such a rare commodity nowadays

Is morality that rare or is it you ownself don't possess and assume it is rare? Or is it rare in your circle of friends? Or are you saying only your family and friends are above others and have it and therefore rare?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Is morality that rare or is it you ownself don't possess and assume it is rare? Or is it rare in your circle of friends? Or are you saying only your family and friends are above others and have it and therefore rare?

And you are asking a rhetorical question. What is the purpose? To prove i am wrong?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you are asking a rhetorical question. What is the purpose? To prove i am wrong?

A rhetorical question is fitting for a pompous conclusion. The purpose is to find out how you draw this conclusion. Becos I don't think morality is rare. My circle of friends all very decent living an honest life bringing up their families. No one making more money at the expense of everything.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should be happy for the kid. If I want to read positive news I won't go for the newspapers.
bestest positive news would be.....not seeing ownself photo in the obituary section :cool:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Shit Times should publish speeches by LKY on the front page every single day. Sales will definitely go up by a thousand-fold.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get all the news I need to know from the internet. For different views, there are countless forums and reader contributions, from different angles as well. Pro and anti, all. ST does not provide this. As the main (and only?) English language daily in Singapore, it falls short of being a quality newspaper. It doesn't even have a daily crossword puzzle!!! I think it also serves and promotes goverrnment policies and agenda. It is not a voice for the people. It would be nice to have an alternative choice.

Cheers!