• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lousy Editor in Straits Times

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
A rhetorical question is fitting for a pompous conclusion. The purpose is to find out how you draw this conclusion. Becos I don't think morality is rare. My circle of friends all very decent living an honest life bringing up their families. No one making more money at the expense of everything.

The comment was in reply to JW5, which was an earlier comment i made about ST. Whose talking about you or people around you? Cock.

And since we are on the topic of people around you, how do you know they lead an honest life? Chia Teck Leng, the guy who swindled millions from APB was a very quiet unassuming guy with a very normal life too.

So with the question being thrown back to you, since you were so quick to judge, how do you know they are not skimming from their companies, they are not visiting prostitues when overseas, having multiple girlfriends, or simply cheating the system? The latest news about the civil servant who took 2 Ipads were very unassuming too, unt he was caught. How about the blowjob for contract cases? They were decent blokes too, before the news broke. When Ashley Madison database got hacked, there were a few prominent lawyers too. All were "decent" till being found out. So, what is so pompous about my statement about morality?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The comment was in reply to JW5, which was an earlier comment i made about ST. Whose talking about you or people around you? Cock.

And since we are on the topic of people around you, how do you know they lead an honest life? Chia Teck Leng, the guy who swindled millions from APB was a very quiet unassuming guy with a very normal life too.

So with the question being thrown back to you, since you were so quick to judge, how do you know they are not skimming from their companies, they are not visiting prostitues when overseas, having multiple girlfriends, or simply cheating the system? The latest news about the civil servant who took 2 Ipads were very unassuming too, unt he was caught. How about the blowjob for contract cases? They were decent blokes too, before the news broke. When Ashley Madison database got hacked, there were a few prominent lawyers too. All were "decent" till being found out. So, what is so pompous about my statement about morality?

When did I say you were talking about me or my circle of friends? Obviously I was referring to them to explain how I drawn my conclusion only. So you draw your conclusion from the few cases of people having affairs, and crimes of sex for contract or stealing iPad to conclude morality is rare? At least must be many cases then can conclude morality is rare right? How many is many but this is definitely not many to simply conclude that way, that's why is pompous.

And back to my circle of friends, of course I don't judge people guilty of anything until proven guilty like in those crime cases or affairs. Why should I assume everyone has a secret life and start making all sorts of speculation they are not decent?

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
When did I say you were talking about me or my circle of friends? Obviously I was referring to them to explain how I drawn my conclusion only. So you draw your conclusion from the few cases of people having affairs, and crimes of sex for contract or stealing iPad to conclude morality is rare? At least must be many cases then can conclude morality is rare right? How many is many but this is definitely not many to simply conclude that way, that's why is pompous.

And back to my circle of friends, of course I don't judge people guilty of anything until proven guilty like in those crime cases or affairs. Why should I assume everyone has a secret life and start making all sorts of speculation they are not decent?

Wow. So, your tiny circle of friends can be conclusive of Morality not being rare, while my few cases cannot.

You said you should not assume everyone has a secret life, but you pose the same question to me.

You are such a fucking troll. I am entitled to my point of view and you yours.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. So, your tiny circle of friends can be conclusive of Morality not being rare, while my few cases cannot.

You said you should not assume everyone has a secret life, but you pose the same question to me.

You are such a fucking troll. I am entitled to my point of view and you yours.

That should the way what, assume people are innocent, kind and good until evidence show otherwise. If not the society will be very gloomy.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
That should the way what, assume people are innocent, kind and good until evidence show otherwise. If not the society will be very gloomy.

and you r still a farking troll with a prostitute mother who sold her arsehole to longist.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Front page used to be monopolised by the PAP e.g. great pearls of wisdom from OUR leader.

Nowadays I guess they don't have much to say. I bet most of our leaders have gone for an early Xmas holiday.

Front page used to be monopolised by the PAP e.g. great pearls of wisdom from OUR leader.

One Phd researcher told me on the importance and the impact on the play of using the Front page of the National newspaper to suit their agenda..

He mentioned the case in point on PM LHL before his ascension to the throne..His photos are prominently displayed on the front pages of the Strais Times, whereas the then current PM Goh photos were sidelined and placed in the obscure middle pages..Check this out for the period June 2003 to june 2004...

Hence the ruling regime will use the media to control and manipulate the populace and keep the 154th ranking to their advantage.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as the PAP has complete control of the mainstream media, it will be an unlevel playing field for the opposition. That's why the SDP has always argued for a pluralistic media: no single media is unbiased, but when you have a diversity of media and media ownership, chances are good that a broad section of the populace can have their voices heard. That's what democracy is about.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Front page of ST's New Paper just before voting day of the 1997 GE and the hotly contested Cheng San GRC. The next GE, PAP gerrymandered and made Cheng San GRC disappear.

NewPaper+1997.jpg