• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why would anyone want to buy a Microsoft Surface Pro ?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One simple thing that all tablets cant do, regardless of how powerful the processor is, is to playback mkv files encoded in dts. Windows have no such problems... In any case, outright performance of Surface Pro wins hands down with their Core i7s, USB 3.0, displayport out, add that with a dock and you have a full fledged pc with the dimensions and portability of a tablet. One can daisy chain 3-4 monitors with a surface pro. Productivity tasks still is easier to accomplish on PCs.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
One simple thing that all tablets cant do, regardless of how powerful the processor is, is to playback mkv files encoded in dts. Windows have no such problems... In any case, outright performance of Surface Pro wins hands down with their Core i7s, USB 3.0, displayport out, add that with a dock and you have a full fledged pc with the dimensions and portability of a tablet. One can daisy chain 3-4 monitors with a surface pro. Productivity tasks still is easier to accomplish on PCs.

No cellular function. You can only wifi. Unlike iPad Pro.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same reason why anybody wants to buy apple crap.

Surface Pro...you have to buy add ons & the sum of it, is equal to the half of the price you pay for Microshit crap...but, in everything out there for sale...there will be idiots who buys them....it depends on one's need & stupidity....whether it is APPLE , Samsung, Sony...etc..craps....there are people who will buy...

I had enough of Microshit....their Operation System....had enough from DOS version 1.0 to Windows 8, plus all the crappy hardware that is associated with MS OS....I have moved on...to MAC..."buy a MAC".

Same reason as the 70% who buy the PAP craps...:rolleyes:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Surface Pro...you have to buy add ons & the sum of it, is equal to the half of the price you pay for Microshit crap...but, in everything out there for sale...there will be idiots who buys them....it depends on one's need & stupidity....whether it is APPLE , Samsung, Sony...etc..craps....there are people who will buy...

I had enough of Microshit....their Operation System....had enough from DOS version 1.0 to Windows 8, plus all the crappy hardware that is associated with MS OS....I have moved on...to MAC..."buy a MAC".

Same reason as the 70% who buy the PAP craps...:rolleyes:

Last part not logically leh. More than 70% of the people use IPad or Tab.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's more expensive than iPad and Galaxy Tab.

Microsoft is jealous of Apple and wants to steal iPad's market share, while not realizing that:

1) Microsoft is a tainted brand with low appeal for the masses.

2) There are more affordable and equally capable options from the varous hardware OEMs.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Microsoft is jealous of Apple and wants to steal iPad's market share, while not realizing that:

1) Microsoft is a tainted brand with low appeal for the masses.

2) There are more affordable and equally capable options from the varous hardware OEMs.

Low appeal for the masses? Then why do we see the Microsoft Office software everywhere? :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Suprised tablets cannot do that when the mi4i is able to do it and play it on tv using miracast

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suprised tablets cannot do that when the mi4i is able to do it and play it on tv using miracast

Its less to do with tablets or any form factor, more to do with licensing. Right now, apps are not able to playback videos with DTS-encoded audio. Their best solution is to remux on-the-fly and stream it. Earliest version of VLC player for IOS were able to do it till the licensing issue came up and forced them to remove support for DTS on later versions. One other little-known licensing limitation for IOS is youtube video playback; your iphone is not able to airplay and broadcast youtube on apple tv or any airplay-enabled smart tvs, mirroring works fine but youtube video wont playback via airplay and your only option is to use chromecast or any other ios-enabled miracast dongles. Until these licensing issues are ironed out, Windows will still have slight compatiblity advantage. Of course, you can choose to root or jailbreak your smart device and everything becomes possible.

For the benefits of those who want to playback mkv with DTS, here is a guide on how to do it... :smile:

http://www.guidingtech.com/37749/mx-player-no-audio/

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its less to do with tablets or any form factor, more to do with licensing. Right now, apps are not able to playback videos with DTS-encoded audio. Their best solution is to remux on-the-fly and stream it. Earliest version of VLC player for IOS were able to do it till the licensing issue came up and forced them to remove support for DTS on later versions. One other little-known licensing limitation for IOS is youtube video playback; your iphone is not able to airplay and broadcast youtube on apple tv or any airplay-enabled smart tvs, mirroring works fine but youtube video wont playback via airplay and your only option is to use chromecast or any other ios-enabled miracast dongles. Until these licensing issues are ironed out, Windows will still have slight compatiblity advantage. Of course, you can choose to root or jailbreak your smart device and everything becomes possible.

For the benefits of those who want to playback mkv with DTS, here is a guide on how to do it... :smile:

http://www.guidingtech.com/37749/mx-player-no-audio/

I managed to play mkv movie with dts sound on my mi4i phone stream it on tv using miracast.

Movie was SPL2 staring wu jing and tony ja.