• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Doctors busted Joanne Peh's breast claim

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Doctors busted Joanne Peh's breast claim</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">10:30 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>10032.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Busted
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD>Doctors deflate actress Joanne Peh's claim that her bust goes up a size during her period </TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Jocelyn Lee
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_JLCUP.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Peh's revealing tops at a shoot for the TV drama Beach.Ball.Babes and more recently in the cooking show 3-Plus-1 (above) stirred up heated comments in online forums.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->
Local actress Joanne Peh has caused a storm in a D-cup after claiming that her breasts always swell up by one whole cup size at that time of the month.

She made the claim in a story last year, but the issue assumed new prominence in a report last week in The New Paper.
The latest newspaper story came after the 26-year-old actress caused a stir with her appearance in a recent episode of the Channel 8 cooking show 3-Plus-1.
She wore a dress with a plunging halter-neck line in the popular show where two local stars prepare three dishes and a soup with a budget of $20.
Online chat forums ran hot about the revealing dress, saying that Peh was showing too much of her assets. Not only that, but she was looking too swell - some posters wondered if nature had been given a helping hand.
She denied in last week's newspaper report that she had breasts implants, claiming that her mammaries usually become bigger when she is having her period due to hormones.
However, doctors whom LifeStyle spoke to said Peh's boob boost claims seemed inflated.
Yes, she could experience bigger cupcakes with hormones added to the mix. But by a whole cup size - the doctors felt that was busting things too much.
Dr Beh Suan Tiong, an obstetrician and gynaecologist at Thomson Medical Centre, said: 'There is usually some fluid retention when a woman has her period due to hormonal changes. This fluid retention will make her breasts bigger.'
But he was adamant when he said: 'Having their breasts increase by a cup size during their period does not happen for most women. The change would not be so drastic. Otherwise, they would need to have two different sets of bras with different cup sizes.'
Dr Christopher Chong, who owns Chris Chong Women and Urogynae Clinic at Gleneagles Hospital, agreed: 'For a woman's breasts to be significantly enlarged during her period is very unusual. My patients have not complained of their breasts increasing by one cup size before.'
But there can be instances when a woman's breasts increase significantly during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dr Chong said: 'When a woman is pregnant, the size of her breasts can increase by more than one cup size as her whole body will swell. Breastfeeding mums will also experience the same thing because of engorgement in their breasts.'
Still, the issue of Peh's well-endowed figure and her cup that runneth over has resulted in endless online forum writers making pointed remarks. Netizen Bond felt that Peh's top was too distracting: 'I thought she wore a bikini to the show.' Another poster, Bezxzer, noted: 'It was the dress that was making people drool... not the food.'
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
" 'Having their breasts increase by a cup size during their period does not happen for most women."

So not most but some have la.... so maybe she is part of that some?

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
" 'Having their breasts increase by a cup size during their period does not happen for most women."

So not most but some have la.... so maybe she is part of that some?

Maybe so, ask her can let us check it out and verify her claims?

Can take before and after menses neh neh pok photos to compare?

:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess Joanne Peh will be damn malu now since her bust is busted!

:biggrin:

No lah, as a celebrity she has to generate public interest to maintain her celebrity status. So any any attention is good for her career , at least until she is replaced by the new crop of celebrities.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... She denied in last week's newspaper report that she had breasts implants, claiming that her mammaries usually become bigger when she is having her period due to hormones. ...

'For a woman's breasts to be significantly enlarged during her period is very unusual. My patients have not complained of their breasts increasing by one cup size before.' Dr Chong said: 'When a woman is pregnant, the size of her breasts can increase by more than one cup size as her whole body will swell. Breastfeeding mums will also experience the same thing because of engorgement in their breasts.' ...
does dat mean she is pregnant or has been breastfeeding? ... :confused: :eek: :p

jw5

Loyal
No lah, as a celebrity she has to generate public interest to maintain her celebrity status. So any any attention is good for her career , at least until she is replaced by the new crop of celebrities.
I say that there should be more news on celebrities' busts and less news on motherhood statements made by government officials.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/print/Just+Woman/News/High+Life/Story/A1Story20080707-75005.html

HE claims to have done plastic surgery on a number of celebrities in Singapore.

And no, his name isn't Woffles Wu or Martin Huang. He is Dr J J Chua.

The plastic surgeon runs his private practice, the JJ Chua Rejuvenative Cosmetic & Laser Surgery, at Mount Elizabeth Hospital.

He is also the consultant on a new TV serial about plastic surgery.

Dr Chua claims to have 'enhanced' several MediaCorp stars.

And that doesn't include other local showbiz denizens like models, beauty queens, deejays, singers, comperes, fashion designers and stylists, as well as artistes who have retired or resigned from MediaCorp.

Some of them have even become good friends, said the chatty 42-year-old, who has 10 years' experience in the aesthetics field.

He estimates that about half of local showbiz celebrities have undergone cosmetic enhancements.

BOLD CLAIM

On his bold claim that he's the go-to guy for most of the Channel 8 and Channel U crowd seeking a little nip and tuck, Dr Chua said: 'I cannot verify in numbers (and compare with other plastic surgeons) because patients' identities are confidential, but I know I've done a lot.

'Because if you talk about common obvious surgeries like breast enlargement, and say the industry talks about five celebs out there who've done it, they all happen to be my patients!'

Of course, he can't reveal names.

Dr Wu and Dr Huang, who have worked on their fair share of foreign and local celebs, declined to comment on the veracity of Dr Chua's claims.

Dr Huang said: 'I prefer not to comment on celebrity patients as these patients greatly value their privacy and confidentiality and I feel that it is important to respect and protect that.'

According to Dr Chua, the common procedures he performs on his famous female clients range from non-invasive ones like botox, fillers and lasers to nose jobs, lip plumping, double eyelids, breast enlargement and liposuction.

The men also undergo operations, including Thermage skin tightening and chest reduction.

Dr Chua lives in a condominium penthouse in the eastern part of Singapore and drives a dark grey Lexus SC430:

Contrary to popular opinion, DrChua reveals that most of his celebrity patients are 'not shy' and walk into his clinic 'tall, loud and proud'.

'But a few are still very scared, kancheong (Hokkien for panicky) and worried, so they'll wear sunglasses and caps and make sure nobody notices them. Or they want to avoid the crowds and so I will open at special hours to accommodate them.'

But when Dr Chua meets his clients outside of the office, it's a different story.

He recalled how he has attended several events where familiar faces would be present, but both parties would avoid the other.

'Or sometimes we'd walk past and recognise each other and just smile. It feels weird, but I don't go up to them unless they come up to me first.'

Still, Dr Chua - whose hobbies include 'things to do with my hands' like drawing, painting and sculpting - says he enjoys working with celebs because they are 'not difficult or picky, are friendly, honest, no-holds-barred and don't complain'.

'They know exactly what they want and have a good knowledge of the treatments so I don't bullsh*t them.

'And I know artistes don't make as much money as people think, so I give them discounts and special care.'

The major downside is the time constraints and hectic schedules that artistes work under.

The second eldest of four children who hails from a poor family, Dr Chua is an old boy of Raffles Institution and Raffles Junior College.

He earned his MBBS from the National University of Singapore before getting his fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons at Edinburgh and Glasgow.

In 2000, he trained in laser surgery and face reconstruction at Taipei's Chang Gung Memorial Hospital.

A year later, he did his cosmetic surgery training at London's Wellington Hospital.

In 2002, he returned to Singapore and became head of cosmetic surgery at Singapore General Hospital's department of plastic surgery. He opened his own practice in 2004.

An actress in her early 30s told The New Paper on Sunday that she knows 'many people from the entertainment industry' who go to Dr Chua for cosmetic help because he's effectively bilingual 'and not every plastic surgeon is'.

She added: 'It helps that he's very friendly and approachable too.'

Other actresses we spoke to added that MediaCorp hairstylists recommend him to the artistes because he's 'good at what he does' and he's 'one of the few qualified plastic surgeons in Singapore'.

A deejay-turned-compere in his mid-30s speculated that Dr Chua's profile was raised after he appeared on the popular Channel U talk show Shoot in 2006, as a guest.

He said: 'After the episode aired, quite a few celebs, especially the younger batch, wanted to get in touch with him. And then it was just one after another.'

Hands-on TV consultant

ALTHOUGH Dr JJ Chua is credited as the consultant plastic surgeon of the new Channel U drama Perfect Cut, he seems to have done more.

And he did it all for free too.

DrChua - who was recommended to the production house by TV host Quan Yifeng - said he wanted all the surgery scenes as realistic as possible.

He is the body double of lead actor Thomas Ong (who plays a suave plastic surgeon on the show) and was required to be on-set for two days of filming.

He said: 'I was joking with Thomas that he only needs to show his face, no need brains, because I'm the brains!

'I had to show him how to correctly hold the forceps or inject the patient on the spot, and he'll just follow.'

Dr Chua also contributed story ideas and plot developments.

Perfect Cut premieres on 9 Jul at 10pm.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's just 2 dots on the chest, and with THOSE assets, she can get the whole of singapore talking???

Wow. Whatever happened to the values of C,D,E cuppers? :confused::confused:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, i dunno y ppl complain so much about the eye candy on tv? just watch & enjoy can liao lah. if really bueh tahan, then go pcc lor.

........ Dr Beh Suan Tiong, an obstetrician and gynaecologist at Thomson Medical Centre, said: 'There is usually some fluid retention when a woman has her period due to hormonal changes. This fluid retention will make her breasts bigger.'
so, there's possibility of nehneh swelling when girl kena auntie visit, and she add push up pad to the bra, then hoseh liao. look like up 1 cup size liao.

Dr Christopher Chong, who owns Chris Chong Women and Urogynae Clinic at Gleneagles Hospital, agreed: 'For a woman's breasts to be significantly enlarged during her period is very unusual. My patients have not complained of their breasts increasing by one cup size before.'
sg girls famous for changi airport runway nehneh leh. if the nehneh got swelling, then the bf or hubby giving them more attention during that time, who will wanna complain?

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
While peasant doctors are quick to bust her claims, no one spoke out that Heartless Khaw's vile Means Testing has denied affordable health care to peasants.

Woe woe woe peasantpore