• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CDL deputy chairman Kwek Leng Joo dies

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a friend who is 65. He had a stroke a few years back and recently, hospitalised after a heart attack which was not fatal,

He is reasonably financially well off.

I advised him to stop smoking but he refused to take my advice.

I told him in no uncertain terms that he can't take his wealth with him.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money can't buy me love it's true
But with it I can acquire treasured privacy
Rent out to any Tom Dick or Harry
Not at any price my freedom is not for sale

Were my dream to be realised
Acres of real estate in those islands will I get
Pretty girls arrive as virgins
Depart as happy experienced lesbian nymphs

[video=youtube;ZKWyORDnOBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWyORDnOBc[/video]

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
61 years old is "young" to die. He could live another 20 years or so.

But then again, dying while asleep is a good way to die.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What is the point of having wealth when you have such have short lives.

This is exactly why you need to have wealth. Although you cannot take your wealth with you when you die, Kwek had a short lifespan, but you can bet he enjoyed himself with all the money he had. No doubt he owned many expensive cars, traveled the world first class on holidays, and lived in big houses. All afforded by his wealth. If fate decides that some one will have a short life span, its better that this person be wealthy so he can enjoy the limited time he has. Imagine if Kwek was a poor nobody, slog like hell all his life, and then dies at the young age of 61. that's much worse.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is exactly why you need to have wealth. Although you cannot take your wealth with you when you die, Kwek had a short lifespan, but you can bet he enjoyed himself with all the money he had. No doubt he owned many expensive cars, traveled the world first class on holidays, and lived in big houses. All afforded by his wealth. If fate decides that some one will have a short life span, its better that this person be wealthy so he can enjoy the limited time he has. Imagine if Kwek was a poor nobody, slog like hell all his life, and then dies at the young age of 61. that's much worse.

Yes it could have been worse.
He was born with a silver spoon no less.
I would think though short he lived a full life. Something most of us could only dream of.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those are just small money,garden variety rich,lets not talk about what real money can do,real money can own plantations,build skyscrapers,own office buildings,build factories employ tens of thousands of people,own tens of thousands of acres of farmland.if im real money,i can feed a million starving people in africa or asia if i want.i build rockets and spacecraft,real money can buy submarines.i can launch and own satelittes,i can own entire communication networks.i can be like apple and build and sell a million iphones in one week,i can own private armies,if i rich like saudi arabian royalty i can build armies and fund wars.i can donate 50 million dollar to cancer and research,even if i dont save myself from cancer i can still save thousands of others from cancer.i can donate a million vaccines to africa,i can end malaria and dysentery.

but theres one thing most important of all that money can do,one does not have to mingle with the low and untouchable class of peasants and dahlits,i do not have to immerse myself among the stench of poverty and jostle and squeeze about the unwashed throngs of the poor disgusting going about their shopping and feasting in their peasant shopping malls and eateries designed to cater to the masses like pigs in a pig battery farm.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it could have been worse.
He was born with a silver spoon no less.
I would think though short he lived a full life. Something most of us could only dream of.

Yes it is their good fortune to be born with silver spoon. Nothing wrong to be born rich. Although I am not one, I am not jealous and are happy for friends who are. They have their own problems that are different from the poor. Those type who are jealous will always say about their poor childhood and emphasised their poor father come from china etc.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A great way to go and at just the right age too. I hope my demise is just as timely and equally painless.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where he spearheaded the company's corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives.

that has to be the most useless department in any company.

Don't mind use other word to replace "spear head" . This is 1 of the most irritating word used in office thread I mentioned years back.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well anyone can die in their sleep at any age including babies. Why are we studying, working and worrying so hard for ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you think this old sinkie lady prefers to live rich or collect cardboard boxes for recreation and leisure? sinkies prefer to toil for toil sake rather than enjoy their hard earned savings (of $400k). and tiongs will be scamming and spending sinkie savings. it's becumming a recurring theme. enjoy every cent you make.

image.jpg

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you think this old sinkie lady prefers to live rich or collect cardboard boxes for recreation and leisure? sinkies prefer to toil for toil sake rather than enjoy their hard earned savings (of $400k). and tiongs will be scamming and spending sinkie savings. it's becumming a recurring theme. enjoy every cent you make.

View attachment 24608

White Scums says she need the exercise to keep her fit for death.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why some of us remain poor..... what went wrong?

We indulge in the present; and never consider saving or investing for the future.

Blame PAP? blame parent not LKS? or blame oneself?