• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - He suffers both a disfiguring disease and the cruel words of strangers

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[Singapore] - He suffers not just from a disfiguring disease, but also from the cruel words of strangers. Neurofibromatosis is completely non-contagious, but he often gets cruel scoldings from total strangers in public in telling him to move away, to leave the place, and not to be seen in public. A customer who saw him at work even complained to his boss to have him fired from the dishwashing job that he needs in order to support himself. He walks many kilometers to work everyday because he can't afford a taxi, and he doesn't take the bus and MRT in order to avoid the cruel stares from the public. Yet, he refuses to accept donations, telling well-wishers to donate the money to charities who need money more than he does.

MY_20151116_TNPMAN16_P_1840498.jpg

Read the full story here : http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/diner-asked-dishwasher-tumours-be-sacked-20151116

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: [Singapore] - He suffers both a disfiguring disease and the cruel words of strang

Don't expect any care and concern from sinkies. They have signed up to the PAP mantra... "You die your business.....".

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Singapore] - He suffers both a disfiguring disease and the cruel words of strang

Even if he has millions in his CPF, MediShield-whatever, I Guess he cannot touch those for the operation as PAPigs classify such operation as 'cosmetic surgery' as it does not cause him to suffer physically, even though it's a torture mentally for him to go through life as is.

Of course someone else has higher need of his CPF to support his (or is it a 'her'?) gambling addiction.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even if he has millions in his CPF, MediShield-whatever, I Guess he cannot touch those for the operation as PAPigs classify such operation as 'cosmetic surgery' as it does not cause him to suffer physically, even though it's a torture mentally for him to go through life as is.

Of course someone else has higher need of his CPF to support his (or is it a 'her'?) gambling addiction.

1. It is very immoral for PAP dogs to classify this case as cosmetic surgery.
2. It is not immoral for that someone to gamble, but it is very immoral for her to gamble with other people's money.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am right to stay away from sinkies...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Ang mor lands..this condition also classify as cosmetic...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I actually have a strong feeling that were he not chinese but say a m&d or shit skin with the same condition more people would be nicer to him.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

btw did you guys read the full article in the link?

I think there is a piece of information in there that might sway your opinion of him for some of you. Johntan. :biggrin:

Diner asked for dishwasher with tumours to be sacked

NG JUN SEN
JOBS do not come easy for Jimmy Wee. And when they do, he tries to hide from the public eye.
That is because he suffers from a genetic condition called neurofibromatosis, which caused the growth of thousands of benign tumours on his body and face.
Neurofibromatosis is a well-documented condition popularised by the film The Elephant Man. It is not infectious.
Despite his disfigurement, "good fortune and a kind boss" gave Mr Wee the chance to work as a dishwasher in a Chinese restaurant from the start of the year, he says. He hides in the washing area at the back of the restaurant to avoid the gaze of diners.
But three months into his job in March, a customer complained about him to his boss, citing health concerns.
His employer says: "She told us that she was disturbed when she ran into Jimmy at the back of the restaurant. She wanted me to fire him.
"I was taken aback by how unkind people can be. I would rather lose her as a customer."
Mr Wee's boss declines to be named because she does not want to be seen as trying to benefit from his ill fate.
She says: "My stand is that Jimmy is a good, hard worker. When I hired him, he even asked if I was sure that I would hire someone like that."
It was not the first time Mr Wee had encountered intolerant people since he found out about his condition when he was seven.
For years, he has endured being called the "Chicken Pox Man" by passers-by, especially young children.
But each time a confrontation happens, Singaporeans would jump to his defence, just like how his employer did.
He recalls being told to leave by a couple while he was having a meal at a hawker centre some years ago.
Mr Wee says: "They said that people with my type of body should just stay at home and not come out. They wanted me gone.
"A stranger came forward and scolded them, saying that he was a doctor. Then someone else also came forward, saying that he was a lawyer and would sue them."
He tries to avoid such confrontations. For example, he would rather walk than take the train, even if the journey is long.
Mr Wee, who has four brothers and two sisters who do not have neurofibromatosis, says: "It would cost me around $100,000 to go through plastic surgery and remove these bumps, but I won't go through the operation.
"I let other people say what they like about me."
The former grassroots leader says he will not accept any donations.

"I have a job, and I am earning my own keep. If people want to give me money, I will ask them to give to charity instead," he adds.
THE NEW PAPER

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey guys pls try to be nice....he's Krafty

PrettyJasmin

People has no right to judge the challenges this man is going through. He doesn't want that to happen to him.