• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The War on Terror Begins Anew

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BUCHAREST/MADRID – The terrorist attacks across Paris on the night of November 13, which left at least 120 dead, are a tragic reminder of the ubiquity of modern terrorism. This year alone, violent extremists have murdered innocent people in the name of religion or politics in France, Tunisia, Kenya, Israel, Nigeria, and, of course, in Syria and Iraq – just to name a few countries. Like the black plague in medieval Europe, terrorism is stalking the modern world, and eradicating it has become a global imperative.
The international community has long been concerned about the threat posed by terrorism. Countries have enacted security legislation and created special intelligence and police units to stop perpetrators and discourage or prevent attacks, and have complemented these efforts by entering into international and regional treaties and bilateral agreements.
Support Project Syndicate’s mission
Project Syndicate needs your help to provide readers everywhere equal access to the ideas and debates shaping their lives.
LEARN MORE
And yet, despite numerous attempts to create one, there is no global legal body leading the fight against terrorism. It is time for that to change.
The effort to combat terrorism at the international level goes back nearly 90 years. In 1926, Romania – the first country to introduce the crime of terrorism into its criminal code – asked the League of Nations to “consider drafting a convention to render terrorism universally punishable.”
But it was not until 1934 that the assassination of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia and French Foreign Minister Louis Barthou prompted the League of Nations to make the first attempt to create international judicial mechanisms to confront terrorism. A group of experts drafted the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Terrorism and the Convention for the Creation of an International Criminal Court. Both conventions were signed by 24 governments and ratified by one, but the outbreak of World War II ensured that neither ever entered into force.
To date, 19 “sectorial” conventions on terrorism have been signed, covering terrorist bombings, nuclear terrorism, the financing of terrorism, acts against air and maritime security, and acts against internationally protected persons. But a global legal mechanism to combat terrorism in all its forms has remained out of reach.
Every attempt to create one has foundered on important disagreements among countries, most notably about how to define terrorism and whether it includes acts committed by armed forces and freedom fighters. Most recently, an effort to place terrorism under the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court (ICC) was dropped due to the lack of a universally accepted definition and the additional workload that such cases would mean.
As terrorist attacks become increasingly common, an international body to counter them has never been more important. In February, Romania proposed the establishment of an International Court Against Terrorism (ICT) and, together with Spain, has launched a joint consultation process that we hope will lead to its eventual creation. Such a court would be empowered to prosecute any act of terrorism perpetrated after its creation, offering desperately needed assistance to countries with weak legal systems and providing a strong deterrent to would-be terrorists.
The ICT would have complementary jurisdiction to both national courts and the ICC, intervening only when domestic bodies were unable or unwilling to try a terrorism case or when the crimes committed were outside the ICC’s jurisdiction. It would have a prosecutor and a reasonable number of judges, nominated with a view to balanced representation of the world’s principal legal systems and geographical regions, and to gender equity. It would also benefit from the creation of a multinational police or security force able to act should a government be unable or unwilling to cooperate in securing evidence against the accused.
The court’s creation would require an international treaty or a binding act of the United Nations to ensure its universal jurisdiction. Most likely, it would be adopted through a binding resolution of the UN Security Council, with the establishment of the International Criminal Tribunals for Yugoslavia and Rwanda and the Special Tribunal for Lebanon serving as precedents.
To be sure, the creation of such a court would face difficulties, the most important of which remains the lack of consensus on what constitutes the crime of terrorism. We propose adopting a “common-denominator approach.” In addition to encompassing the acts agreed upon in existing sectorial conventions, the ICT’s jurisdiction would be based on customary international law, taking into consideration intent (was the act intended to spread fear or coerce authorities), as well as the crime’s gravity and international character.
Establishing the ICT and imbuing it with legitimacy will require the support of civil society, academia, and the general public. Obtaining this support will not be easy, particularly at a time when policymakers face so many other economic and strategic challenges. But we believe that a powerful legal instrument in the global fight against terrorism would quickly prove indispensable – easily justifying the effort devoted to its creation.

Read more at https://www.project-syndicate.org/c...margallo-y-marfil-2015-11#4Wi2IbtEbDXv88my.99

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The reason why progress is not being made is because nations are trying to use 21st century values to deal with a basic human trait..... hatred for those who look and think different.

If all the Muslims fuck off back to where they came from the problem can be solved in six months. If they refuse to fuck off they should simply be shot.

Same goes with the chinks in Singapore. They should fuck off back to China.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course the war will never be over,after conducting countless of wars in the middle east,havent the dumb fuck american pigs realise it by now?u created the monster,u opened padora's box now what is unleashed cannot be put back.its so funny to see these white pigs squeal and screech with indignation and absolutely pissed off,to the point they had to track a man via satelitte and drones and kill him with a hellfire missile lol.i will enjoy watching more of these ISIS fiesta bonaza extravaganza.

one day when these terrorist cells grow in europe,war will no longer be confined to middle east and 3rd world countries,europe and USA will turn into wastelands and their soil will be drenched with the blood of the

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why progress is not being made is because nations are trying to use 21st century values to deal with a basic human trait..... hatred for those who look and think different.

If all the Muslims fuck off back to where they came from the problem can be solved in six months. If they refuse to fuck off they should simply be shot.

Same goes for Myanmarese in New Zealand to fuck off back to Myanmar.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course the war will never be over,after conducting countless of wars in the middle east,havent the dumb fuck american pigs realise it by now?u created the monster,u opened padora's box now what is unleashed cannot be put back.its so funny to see these white pigs squeal and screech with indignation and absolutely pissed off,to the point they had to track a man via satelitte and drones and kill him with a hellfire missile lol.i will enjoy watching more of these ISIS fiesta bonaza extravaganza.

one day when these terrorist cells grow in europe,war will no longer be confined to middle east and 3rd world countries,europe and USA will turn into wastelands and their soil will be drenched with the blood of the

these extremists are really pain in the butt.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Same goes for Myanmarese in New Zealand to fuck off back to Myanmar.

Kia ora. Because I am the same colour as the natives, I am now an honorary Māori so I am allowed to stay. I just checked with my adopted Whānau and they confirmed this.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kia ora. Because I am the same colour as the natives, I am now an honorary Māori so I am allowed to stay. I just checked with my adopted Whānau and they confirmed this.

but your butt hole is burmese... you sure they did a thorough check?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
using hymen repair method can repair your gangbanged arse? wow... someone please tell ginfreely... i mean anabelle chong.

Your wife is anabelle Chong and you are soIsee a Muslim. Son of whore thinks every woman is like your mother. Pui!!!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
yawn... mutherfarker havent died yet hor. dont worry, allah have lorry standing by to send your family to hell.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
yawn... mutherfarker havent died yet hor. dont worry, allah have lorry standing by to send your family to hell.

Yawn you haven't died why should I die. You will be chopped up for being a muslim with many pinoy maid girlfriends. Your family will burn eternal in hell as you want to harm me and have been smearing me non stop. Pui!!!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only when our planet Earth is attacked by an external Alien from space will people realize that they need to join forces together and be united as one human race or our planet Earth will be destroyed. When everyone knows that they will die in the face of the external threat if they do not unite and no one will take the glory of victory whether it is to individual country or to Allah, the unified cause will replace hatred and bind all factions to fight the greater enemy.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
using hymen repair method can repair your gangbanged arse? wow... someone please tell ginfreely... i mean anabelle chong.

Why nobody zap sicko virus for this but got people zap Longist? What did I do to deserve this bullying from sicko virus? I am not what he described at all. I didn't call him names before he started all this smearing of me. Why nobody zap him but zap longist? Becos I am a stranger?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only when our planet Earth is attacked by an external Alien from space will people realize that they need to join forces together and be united as one human race or our planet Earth will be destroyed ...
no use la ... if aliens can fly from dunno where 2 ur earth n attack u, it oredi shows dat their technology is lite years ahead of u ...

u shud juz guai-guai lower ur shields n surrender ur ships, let ur culture adapt 2 service dem n resistance is futile ...

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

not valid reason.

if u fuck off back to nz or burma would sillypoore be without Pee Ah Pee ?

US Ass supposed to be the most powerful nation on earth
they can spent hundreds of billions to solve the subprime crisis .
after decades ,why they can't eliminate all those trouble makers in middle east ?

only answer is the evil USAss designed this to be the outcome
out of self interest of course.

u can fuck back to burma and close this stupid forum of yours.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
simple solution: NUKE Syria since both countries now at war!!
next qwai lan one oso NUKE...............& so on

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why nobody zap sicko virus for this but got people zap Longist? What did I do to deserve this bullying from sicko virus? I am not what he described at all. I didn't call him names before he started all this smearing of me. Why nobody zap him but zap longist? Becos I am a stranger?

stop your pretense, you mutherfarker troll. you r the arsehole that started this. go zap your muther cheebye and stop disturbing other netizens here.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal

I resent this comment. The chinks in Singapore have evolved our own way of lives and value system, totally different from the mainland Chinese. It is an insult to compare us to mainlanders and tell us to fuck back home.

Overseas chinese <> Mainland chinese. Get that clear.