• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkieland is just rojak

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
..... Local designers have reacted with shock that home-grown fashion label M)phosis, considered one of the most successful here, has closed all its stores in Singapore....The designer, who has been in the fashion industry for three decades, says he was in Bangkok during the recent Elle Fashion Week. "I was pleasantly surprised and a little jealous that all the guests who turned up were dressed in mostly local Thai labels. They are proud to wear their own designers. This is lacking in Singapore."

What can one expect from a country that is just like a rojak pot? Diversity with all kinds of foreign imported shits. Where got cohesiveness of one people?

Look at the Koreans, the Japanese, the Thais, one homogenous people, one language.

When the pappies decided to bring in foreign imported shits, diversity is stretched to breaking point. It is no longer one for the country but one for where he came from.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this area, I think the city's planners and policy makers have screwed up. A community's culture should grow from bottom up. The arts, culinary, dress style should be forged by the commoner from the street, the working class, but in Singapore's case, it is imposed, top-down. What is Singapore's culture? So far, the style is set by upper class socialites, who mingle with rich foreign expats, dining and clubbing in ritzy Orchard Road high-end spots. The masses, the working class do not patronize these. What percentage of Singaporeans watch shows at the Esplanade?

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this, Singapore is NOT a homogenous society. She is formed as a result of immigration. The Malays from the archipelago, the Indians from South-Asia, the Chinese from China, and rest from all over the world. You can say it is a salad bowl, or in local lingo, rojak. That is an accurate observation. Perhaps what forges the Singapore society together is National Service, or relation to someone who serve/d NS. Otherwise, it is laksa, nasi lemak or ice-kacang.

Cheers!

What can one expect from a country that is just like a rojak pot? Diversity with all kinds of foreign imported shits. Where got cohesiveness of one people?

Look at the Koreans, the Japanese, the Thais, one homogenous people, one language.

When the pappies decided to bring in foreign imported shits, diversity is stretched to breaking point. It is no longer one for the country but one for where he came from.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this, Singapore is NOT a homogenous society. She is formed as a result of immigration. The Malays from the archipelago, the Indians from South-Asia, the Chinese from China, and rest from all over the world. You can say it is a salad bowl, or in local lingo, rojak. That is an accurate observation. Perhaps what forges the Singapore society together is National Service...

NS is a joke if foreign imported shits do not have to serve NS to get shitizenship. Locals born in the country cannot escape NS enlistment. Imported shits can walk in, no NS and hey presto, he can become a sinkie to enjoy all the rights and privileges like a local.

Prior to 1950s, those immigrants from India, China, etc who came to live and work in sinkie land knew life was hard but still better than their own home land. Nothing then in sinkie land to cherish, except poverty, slum land living, crime, slime, and all facets of hard life. Still, those immigrants were willing to work, live and die in the island. Along came the Old Guards and LKY and all changed for the better.

Today, the pappies made the changes to bring the island into the long kang.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

cohesiveness is the last thing PAP wants..............with the people divided, PAP rule.............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The social-demographics of the nation now is different from the sixties when NS was introduced. Even though NS is accepted and very much part of the Singapore landscape, the need for more military personnel should be questioned. Should National Service enlistees be trained and assigned towards social work? Like medical/social help to the aged/disabled? I am not a politician or public servant, but I think these people should start looking into this. If NS provides for this, then new citizens may be more easily put into NS to engage in less security-sensitive areas that are non-military.

Cheers!

NS is a joke if foreign imported shits do not have to serve NS to get shitizenship. Locals born in the country cannot escape NS enlistment. Imported shits can walk in, no NS and hey presto, he can become a sinkie to enjoy all the rights and privileges like a local. .........................

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Please don't insult the dish of rojak. It is a delicious dish and one of singapore's national food. What we see today is like a portable toilet. Everyone goes in to take a shit, it smells like shit and inside is everyone's shit mixed in. This is what FTs are. Just shits.

portable-toilet_generic_rapid.jpg

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....then new citizens may be more easily put into NS to engage in less security-sensitive areas that are non-military...

The intent and purpose of NS is to create an effective fighting force. Why locals have to fight in combat in the front line while new shits get it easy in non-military roles? Simple solution is no NS, no shitizenship for whatever age group. Smart FT will apply for SPR and then shitizenship after past enlistment age and the local born sinkies are the sacrificial lambs in war time.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
cohesiveness is the last thing PAP wants..............with the people divided, PAP rule.............

Cohesiveness is a facade.

When you have pinoy imported shits openly asking to celebrate their own national day in Orchard Road, an ex-Pinoy nurse declaring takeover of sinkie land, pinoy school boy threatening his school mates with pinoy takeover of the country ... and other incidents where new imported shits acted aggressively towards local born sinkies, you can see the island and the people are anything but cohesive.

Divide and rule is a good strategy but ultimately, it will set the island aflame.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The intent and purpose of NS is to create an effective fighting force. Why locals have to fight in combat in the front line while new shits get it easy in non-military roles? Simple solution is no NS, no shitizenship for whatever age group. Smart FT will apply for SPR and then shitizenship after past enlistment age and the local born sinkies are the sacrificial lambs in war time.

I have some bad news for you. Most FTs that come here do not have the goal to obtain citizenship. They just want to displace and steal a sinkie job by offering their services for lower wages. Their intention is to send as much money back to their homeland as possible until their work visa is expired. What happens is the PAP literally send them letters offering them PR status, and takes an active role in recruiting PRs. I don't know any other country that does this, except for NZ a few years back. These fucking FTs come here to play the system and exploit it. Then some smart FT figured out that if they accept the Sinkie PR, they can get a sinkie citizenship and use it to apply for PR status to the real of their dreams i.e USA, Canada, UK, etc. This is the only reason they want a sinkie passport.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
FTs , foreigners , whosoever come with only one intention
to make as much $$$ as possible in the shortest time
and when conditions and situation becum unfavourable
just pack and leave.

on the other hand,
sillypoortians are pressured into leave tis land because
terms and conditions are not bad

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am no military person, so I will refrain from suggesting how best to use soldiers, however I think that at the time NS was implemented (1967/68?), the British Armed Forces suddenly pulled out of Singapore, so National Service would provide a ready supply of servicemen to man the army, also, unemployment was an issue during that time and it was a quick solution to get the restless youth idling and loitering around aimlessly. Those were the main purpose of NS. Today, these aren't problems anymore, Singapore faces a different situation.

Cheers!

The intent and purpose of NS is to create an effective fighting force. ................

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
FTs , foreigners , whosoever come with only one intention
to make as much $$$ as possible in the shortest time
and when conditions and situation becum unfavourable
just pack and leave.

on the other hand,
sillypoortians are pressured into leaving tis land because
terms and conditions are bad

always making mistakes in writing
and the post becomes silly

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the thing is sg is quite rojak and fragmented even within the local population due to the generational differences thanks to LKY's social experimentation and meddling.the pioneer baby boomer generation they tend to speak hokkien,canto,dialect while the 70s generation they tend to speak dialect,mandarin and some broken singlish,while the 89s,90s and millenias generally prefers to speak english.this itself already creates alot of fractures in our society and breakdown in communication,unlike countries like hong kong and taiwan that are homogenous and speak the same language.

then further add on the stresses of having pinoys,shitskins,ah tiongs,vietcongs,indos,pakis,bangras,hongkies,mudlanders and whatnot in our country,even if u feel like integrating u cant integrate with them all or even feel like integrating.plus there are so many of them here its so disheartening and intimidating.sometimes i feel more alien in my own country than i do in australia.in my heart deep down im a aussie but they do not accept me as a chink.

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have some bad news for you. Most FTs that come here do not have the goal to obtain citizenship. They just want to displace and steal a sinkie job by offering their services for lower wages. Their intention is to send as much money back to their homeland as possible until their work visa is expired. What happens is the PAP literally send them letters offering them PR status, and takes an active role in recruiting PRs. I don't know any other country that does this, except for NZ a few years back. These fucking FTs come here to play the system and exploit it. Then some smart FT figured out that if they accept the Sinkie PR, they can get a sinkie citizenship and use it to apply for PR status to the real of their dreams i.e USA, Canada, UK, etc. This is the only reason they want a sinkie passport.

Nothing new. Every foreigner with half a brain knows they can always find a job in sinkie land and get the red passport like picking up the toilet paper.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....there are so many of them here its so disheartening and intimidating.sometimes i feel more alien in my own country than i do in australia....

Many people credited LKY with having helicopter vision but his helicopter crashed years ago when he opened the door to foreigners, all kinds of foreign shits. Today, a local will no longer feel he belongs to the country or the country belongs to him; it belongs to everyone as the pappies had said.

So, how are pappies going to build up one country, one people? It is only a bullshit and pappies know it.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Those were the main purpose of NS. Today, these aren't problems anymore, Singapore faces a different situation...

An external threat to sinkie land will always be there...it is a fatal mistake to think there is no external threat and NS is not needed.

Foreigners know sinkieland will be the target of an external aggression and internal subversion any time soon and they do not want to fight and die for the island. So, if they can become imported foreign shit, fine, and if not, they will exploit the system to remain living and working in the country as long as the dumb pappies remain in power.