• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of Dyson bladeless fan ?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of getting one. It's a wonderful invention. Safe for the kids.

Wonder if it's durable.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fucking waste of money , trying turning it on at night :eek:
Reliable brand like KDK definitely fare better

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wonder if it's durable.

I own many types of fan from ifan to vornado to bladeless to tower fan to cooler fan to normal fan.
I strongly encourage you to go straight for KDK normal fan without 2nd thoughts. It is most value for money. I regretted buying all the fanciful nonsense and overpriced fans.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just a stupid gimmick.get one of those japanese industrial grade high velocity metal fan.i had a big ass japanese one when i was in sec school and that thing was like a plane turbine jet.

fucking air circulation in a hot singapore day.

but now its 2015 singapore global warming,time to upgrade to a portable air con or casement aircon.none of that ghetto ass fan shyt.

DftysCg.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The only thing good about Dyson is its vacuum cleaners, I swear by it been using them for many years.

Yes for fan KDK the best, cannot find it in Thailand so got to carry it here.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only thing good about Dyson is its vacuum cleaners, I swear by it been using them for many years.

I have a portable Dyson vacuum cleaner. It's quite good but I think it's overpriced. The filter is not properly secured & can easily fall off unless you use some tape to secure it.

I have been using a floor standing Panasonic fan for the pass 10+ years. It is a great fan & can recommend it. Get the one with the remote. Strangely it looks exactly like a fan that KDK is selling. I think Panasonic is OEMing from KDK. So if you can't find KDK look for a Panasonic.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U should try the MIELE vacum cleaners. Much better even though the filters r throwaway operating cost is not tat high. The dyson filters r crap n gets dirty n have to wash the filters.bloody troublesome. And dyson have alot of small plastic parts.once spoil sibeh leche

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wonder if it's durable.

I have a Ver 1 Dyson fan. It is really noisy, so much so that I threw it out of my bedroom and it is now in the hall. Even then, it is impossible to watch TV with that kind of noise unless you turn the volume of your TV to max. So it lies there as an artpiece rather than a functional fan.

I am told that Ver 2 is much quieter. I have seen it at the shops, but I cannot really test it unless the testing environment is quiet, which unfortunately isn't at shopping malls.

I suggest you stick to the old and good brand KDK. It does its job as a fan.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
U should try the MIELE vacum cleaners. Much better even though the filters r throwaway operating cost is not tat high. The dyson filters r crap n gets dirty n have to wash the filters.bloody troublesome. And dyson have alot of small plastic parts.once spoil sibeh leche

I bought my Miele Vacuum way back 1984 for $645.00 after visit an
exhibition at World Trade Center, Miele display was impressive, they
connect the hose to a chair and asked audience to sit on it, they on the
vacuum the person sited being sucked up by the vacuum, to me it was
sold moment I saw this!!

Plus the vacuum could do a Blow Job at 300w, 500w, 800w and 1000watts,
I could service my aircon, blew my bike after washing, best of all, it
lasted till today!! Still going strong!! All the other vacuum like Rainbow etc
are just gimmick! at a premium of $3K!! Truly made in Germany, made to last!!

Reliability is what I describe this vacuum cleaner, no other can come near!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have a portable Dyson vacuum cleaner. It's quite good but I think it's overpriced. The filter is not properly secured & can easily fall off unless you use some tape to secure it.

I have been using a floor standing Panasonic fan for the pass 10+ years. It is a great fan & can recommend it. Get the one with the remote. Strangely it looks exactly like a fan that KDK is selling. I think Panasonic is OEMing from KDK. So if you can't find KDK look for a Panasonic.

I have a battery Dyson too for my bedroom good for beds too. Been using 6 years still good only changed battery once. The other rooms using cord Dyson my third one cos I like the new models and give away the old which is still running fine.

I swear by KDK and don't mind to carry from Singapore to Bangkok. No compromise :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Think I'm stuck with the Dyson brand. Too used to it and so far so good.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gentlemen, may I remind you this thread is about fan and not vacuum cleaners.

Last edited:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal

once I download manual from KDK but the pic is a Panasonic fan.:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
http://kdk.jp/aboutus_our_brand.aspx

"KDK is the short form for Kawakita Denki Kigyosha, which is the brand name, used by Panasonic Ecology Systems Co. Ltd. KDK now is one of the world leaders in producing high quality and high performance ventilating products. 2009 is KDK’s 100th anniversary, it symbolizes KDK has already achieved a top-brand position in the past century."