• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC Fairprice has been cheating customers

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honest Weighing Mistakes At FairPrice Outlet! Let's Move On!

Recently, I bought some broccoli from FairPrice at Bukit Batok MRT station. The price tag showed a weight of 0.336kg (336g) and a price of $2.32.

I didn't think much about it until I got home. The packet of broccoli felt light so I decided to weigh it with a home weighing scale to check the weight.

To my surprise, it weighed only 200g.

I went back to the store to inquire. The packet of broccoli was reweighed by a supervisor on another weighing machine. The new price tag showed the new correct weight of 200g (the same as what I got on my own weighing scale) and a new price of $1.38. The difference in price was $0.94.

I went to a neighbour whom I saw buying some vegetables from the same FairPrice outlet. I told her about what I had discovered.

This neighbour bought the following items and also went back to the store to have her items reweighed:

1) carrots originally weighed 0.836kg and priced $1.59 (reweighed as 0.694kg and repriced at $1.32, difference: $0.27)

2) broccoli originally weighed 0.874kg and priced $6.03 (reweighed as 0.732kg and repriced at $5.05, difference: $0.98)

3) red chilli originally weighed 0.280kg and priced $1.45 (reweighed as 0.142kg and repriced at $0.74, difference: $0.71)

For two of the items, the difference in price was nearly $1 each. That's a lot of money for folk like us.

Not only were customers like my neighbour and me charged higher prices, we also received less in quantity for the items we bought.

Several questions come to mind:

1) How long has this mistake in weighing gone on?

2) What about unsuspecting customers? Are they going to be compensated?

3) What actions will be taken to prevent such weighing mistakes from happening in future?

Ng Chong Kee

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-on-the-web/wrong-weights-for-vegetables-at-supermarket

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Honest Weighing Mistakes At FairPrice Outlet! Let's Move On!

Could be someone cheat, balance stock sell outside or bring home :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

fat sinkies with confidence and depression issues as a result of their weight should find these weight measures useful. :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's wrong with making money by overcharging?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

No problem. You are doing your bit for the tripartite movement.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could be someone cheat, balance stock sell outside or bring home :biggrin:

You are saying?? the customer weighing scales not approved by SISIR..oops! Spring!??.....the supermarket is correct, the customers 'robert' & 菜头....they voted for people who chopped 菜头, one Jeyaretnam , will tell them..." you voted for them, why complain"...ennnnjjjjoooyyy.....:rolleyes:

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is this a good example of being penny wise pound foolish?

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
November 12, 2015, The Straits Times, C10, Obituaries,

Lee Hock Hin Henry, age: 69
Mary Law Hong Neo, age: 90
Lewis Tan Lam Seng, age: 64
Koh Kim Hong, age: 72
Freddie Lim Boon Haw, age: 64
Tay Toon Poh, age: 85
Ho Gek Neo Alice, age: 77

Percentage: 2/7 = 28.6% did not get to smell their CPF.

Nope. Cpf is the worst. Nothing comes out.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recently, I bought some broccoli from FairPrice at Bukit Batok MRT station. The price tag showed a weight of 0.336kg (336g) and a price of $2.32.

I didn't think much about it until I got home. The packet of broccoli felt light so I decided to weigh it with a home weighing scale to check the weight.

I went back to the store to inquire. The packet of broccoli was reweighed by a supervisor on another weighing machine. The new price tag showed the new correct weight of 200g (the same as what I got on my own weighing scale) and a new price of $1.38. The difference in price was $0.94.

I went to a neighbour whom I saw buying some vegetables from the same FairPrice outlet. I told her about what I had discovered.

This neighbour bought the following items and also went back to the store to have her items reweighed:

1) carrots originally weighed 0.836kg and priced $1.59 (reweighed as 0.694kg and repriced at $1.32, difference: $0.27)

2) broccoli originally weighed 0.874kg and priced $6.03 (reweighed as 0.732kg and repriced at $5.05, difference: $0.98)

3) red chilli originally weighed 0.280kg and priced $1.45 (reweighed as 0.142kg and repriced at $0.74, difference: $0.71)

For two of the items, the difference in price was nearly $1 each. That's a lot of money for folk like us.

Not only were customers like my neighbour and me charged higher prices, we also received less in quantity for the items we bought.

Several questions come to mind:

1) How long has this mistake in weighing gone on?

2) What about unsuspecting customers? Are they going to be compensated?

3) What actions will be taken to prevent such weighing mistakes from happening in future?

Ng Chong Kee

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-on-the-web/wrong-weights-for-vegetables-at-supermarket

Who is the Big Chief in NTUC ?? its none other than PAP ministers
who's there to cheat the poor peasants!! With all sorts of rebate that doesn't work!!

Fake Monday and Tuesday!! ~~ Pioneer and Senior all got cheated by the bloody NTUC!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

big deal. blanga poke your backside you also cannot tell the difference.