• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pasir Ris 4-room DBSS flat 'too small' for family of 7

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A WOMAN who bought a four-room Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat at Pasir Ris said she was appalled to find the completed unit too small to accommodate her household of seven, reported Shin Min Daily News yesterday. "I planned to occupy the master bedroom with my mother, give one room to my brother and his wife, and the guest room to my two nephews and the maid," Tracy Tan, 36, told the Chinese evening daily at the 86 sq m unit in the Pasir Ris One development which she is about to move into. But when she visited the unit for the first time after getting the house key, she was shocked to find a "shoebox" size guest room which could accommodate only one single bed. The master bedroom is just big enough for a queen-size bed. "I've checked with an interior design company. I was told to dismantle the built-in wardrobes to make space and custom-make double-decker beds that fit the rooms, if the house is to take seven people," said Ms Tan, who works at an insurance company as the head of claims and operations. She sees herself as having no other choice but to cough up more money - probably up to $40,000 - to have the unit redesigned as she has already paid more than $590,000 for it, said Shin Min. She also worries that her family cannot eat together in the living room, as it, too, would have little space left after taking in a sofa and television set. "We might have to take turns to have our meal at a small dining table placed in a corner," said Ms Tan. She also finds the proportions between the rooms "strange" and "illogical", pointing out that the balcony and the two bathrooms "take up too much space" as compared with the kitchen. Comparing corridors across different public housing projects Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. The Straits Times Dennis Lim, a spokesman for Pasir Ris One's developer, told Shin Min that the agent who sold Ms Tan the unit had furnished her with all the information she needed before she made the purchase, including the sizes of the rooms. "She was fully informed," said the spokesman. Mr Lim also pointed out that the development - which is located at Pasir Ris Drive 1 - was issued the temporary occupation permit by the authorities in May because it was verified to have met all the construction requirements and rules. He said he would meet Ms Tan to discuss her issues with her new home. "I understand it's not easy for someone who has lived in a private apartment to adjust to living in a four-room flat," said Mr Lim. Ms Tan suggested one way to help her is to let her switch to a five-room unit at a discounted price. But according to Mr Lim, that is not possible as all the bigger units have been sold out. Ms Tan, who also has to "downsize" her furniture as the ones she bought are too big, said subsidising her renovation expense could be another alternative. Pasir Ris One was in the news recently when it was reported that its common corridors were too narrow, with a width of only 1.2m. The Singapore Civil Defence Force later clarified that the design met its guidelines. But the developer has been instructed to make some changes so that pathways are not obstructed when gates are opened at the same time. -

See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/pasir-ris-4-room-dbss-flat-too-small-family-7#sthash.gROnFNHr.dpuf

At 86SqM is not even 900SqFt, but want to accommodate 7 person, max 4 person would be just right, Husband/Wife and 2 kids.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
simi lanjeow dbss, still hdb flat with atas sounding name only. developer private but still have PA RC office at the voideck.

86sqm for $600k? might as well buy those 20+yo 5room flats, size at least 120sqm and still got $$ left over for renovation.

anyway she voted for it, so no reason to complain.:oIo:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. Daft sinkies, wake up and smell the kopi :kma:
2. What does she expect from public housing?
3. In the first place, she is no camero personnel in negotiations and deals.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I don't know what this fucktard bitch wants. The apt is so small and want to accompany 7 people? If she is not divorced then her husband and his income can together get bigger flat. Ask the fuck useless brother and his wife to go get their own flats and move the two sons out lah.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect 7 people living there is just a red herring. Can't her brother's family buy their own apt? 7 people living in a 4-rm HDB and she expected it to be spacious?

Getting subsidy for her renovation may well be her key objective, after trying get a discounted upgrade to a 5-room apt failed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was young My family had 7 members 3 generations and we squeezed into a 67sqm 3 room hdb flat with one toilet till I was 21 years old.
One Neighbour had 20 over members and they slept in shifts even. What's there to complain? But the flat then cost only $7k sing dollars

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I planned to occupy the master bedroom with my mother, give one room to my brother and his wife, and the guest room to my two nephews and the maid," Tracy Tan, 36, told the Chinese evening daily at the 86 sq m unit in the Pasir Ris One development which she is about to move into.

TracyTan866 ??

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are the people that are bringing down the country.....i hope they never ever pass down their gene pool and taint the population

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect 7 people living there is just a red herring. Can't her brother's family buy their own apt? 7 people living in a 4-rm HDB and she expected it to be spacious?

Getting subsidy for her renovation may well be her key objective, after trying get a discounted upgrade to a 5-room apt failed.

It might be the brother has a flat, but is being rented out. Pay the sister rental to help out with her installment on the mortgage.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What-The-Fuck, Tracy

learn from Ah Tiong, with the unit that size they can easily accommodate 2 dozens and a few more

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you telling me Mr. Khaw was talking nonsense about no building shoebox apartments when he was the Ministar of national development?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flat sizes have been shrinking while prices skyrocketed. PAP making massive profits on land sales by squeezing and screwing the 70% Sinkie dumbfucks all these years. $590,000 for a 86sqm 4-room flat in Pasir Ris, song boh 70% you voted for this shit.

1980s - 4 room flat size = 105 sqm
1990s - 4 room flat size = 100 sqm
2000s - 4 room flat size = 90 sqm
2010s - 4 room flat size = 86 sqm

Long-term debts for Sinkies to pay off their 99yr leasehold HDB pigeonhole. The land actually belongs to HDB not the Sinkies, when the lease expires there is zero value for the flats is Sinkies have to return it back to HDB. All the money invested by Sinkies for their flats is gone.

HDB+sizes.JPG

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flat sizes have been shrinking while prices skyrocketed. PAP making massive profits on land sales by squeezing and screwing the 70% Sinkie dumbfucks all these years. $590,000 for a 86sqm 4-room flat in Pasir Ris, song boh 70% you voted for this shit.

1980s - 4 room flat size = 105 sqm
1990s - 4 room flat size = 100 sqm
2000s - 4 room flat size = 90 sqm
2010s - 4 room flat size = 86 sqm

Long-term debts for Sinkies to pay off their 99yr leasehold HDB pigeonhole. The land actually belongs to HDB not the Sinkies, when the lease expires there is zero value for the flats is Sinkies have to return it back to HDB. All the money invested by Sinkies for their flats is gone.

HDB+sizes.JPG

Aya same for 99 year lease condo and yet people queuing to buy.