• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed on house defect

yetiv

Need some advice...Just shifted into a BTO flat about 2yrs ago. 4-5mths ago, we realise that there is a sound in our master bedroom at night. At times, at night this sound can also be heard in the 2nd bedroom. Upon probing and doing some groundwork, we found out that this sound is due to my neighbour (at the lower floor) switiching on his ceiling fan in his bedroom. We were shocked. Initially, we suspect it is HDB's poor workmanship. To understand our concern, HDB came down for a site visit. And their conclusion that it is the ceiling fan issue.

Out of goodwill, my good neighbour got a 3rd party to inspect and found to be ok. His contractor also installed more insulator pads (to reduce the vibrations). However, the problem is still not solved. We ringed up HDB again; argued with them....and all they can do is to arrange another meeting between us, and our neighbour and HDB themselves.

As this meeting is scheduled next week (with a RC Chairman); i need some advice and wish to find out
a) if any of u guys experience the same issue....
b) any actions/advice to recommend
c) HDB keeps denying its the structure issue....
d) any person i can escalate to for help other than MP

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you willing to pay for it to b fully verified. You r facing experiencing white noise.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have a heart, TS came across this forum and in good faith he logged in as member just to ask this question ...

give him good and serious advise lah

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have a heart, TS came across this forum and in good faith he logged in as member just to ask this question ...

give him good and serious advise lah

Should be "give him good and serious advice"
Advise is a verb and advice is a noun.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most likely the fan is wobbling due to poor installation or of low quality if it's new. if it has being running for a while, it requires a close look. perhaps, the wobble is caused by dirt on the blades or spindle rubbing the shroud in the middle. or the fan may be squeaky and requires lubrication. a smooth running ceiling fan will reduce the noise. if all else fails, perhaps you can buy a high quality fan and install it yourself either at your neighbor's expense or your own if neighbor below is a grinch.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A) got...but it's industrial bldg not hdb...so dun think can apply...we place insulating material on ceiling...follow by a bracket where we mount de fan. The fucking amdk ceo can now piak his secretary in complete silence above.

Easiest way ish...ask ur neighbor to use a floor or wall fan instead.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
any structure/building experts here please advice.

i got one nagging question :
can vibrations , humming sound from air con , fridge
weaken the structure over a long period ?

my air con gives out quite a lot noise and
can hear the humming sound of the fridge motor when it is running.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some advice...Just shifted into a BTO flat about 2yrs ago. 4-5mths ago, we realise that there is a sound in our master bedroom at night. At times, at night this sound can also be heard in the 2nd bedroom. Upon probing and doing some groundwork, we found out that this sound is due to my neighbour (at the lower floor) switiching on his ceiling fan in his bedroom. We were shocked. Initially, we suspect it is HDB's poor workmanship. To understand our concern, HDB came down for a site visit. And their conclusion that it is the ceiling fan issue.

Out of goodwill, my good neighbour got a 3rd party to inspect and found to be ok. His contractor also installed more insulator pads (to reduce the vibrations). However, the problem is still not solved. We ringed up HDB again; argued with them....and all they can do is to arrange another meeting between us, and our neighbour and HDB themselves.

As this meeting is scheduled next week (with a RC Chairman); i need some advice and wish to find out
a) if any of u guys experience the same issue....
b) any actions/advice to recommend
c) HDB keeps denying its the structure issue....
d) any person i can escalate to for help other than MP

Action on point B...Ask HDB to do a mutual exchange..

u take over your neighbor's flat and he takes over yours..

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
You replace aircon for him for free.

Make sure he doesn't use the ceiling fan forever in his flat. Sign a contract.

Problem solved. Harmonic vibrations comes with HDB designed and built flats. If kena earthquake sure collapse.