• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are the commemorative notes legal tender?

jw5

Loyal
The free commemorative folders (NO notes inside) will be useful for those uncles and aunties who bought the commemorative notes at a time when the banks were running out of commemorative folders when they were being re-printed to correct the spelling mistakes. :biggrin:

Yes, it is commemorative folders (empty inside, ok).

Spelling mistakes even better .... 50 years from now, if Singapore still around, these mistakes will be worth a fortune....hohhhhh say liao!!!! or will it.....:confused::confused::confused:

johnny333 need more health food lah....................yes, folders only...............no money inside.................that's why I threw away the card immediately

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I received a letter that I am entitle to some free commemorative notes for SG50.

What I want to know is whether I can use these "commemorative" notes as cash or is it just for show:confused:

The point is to collect the notes, not use them and let them appreciate in value over time, like stamps or old coins.

'Yusok Ishak' shall be made known to your children and your children's children. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The free commemorative folders (NO notes inside) will be useful for those uncles and aunties who bought the commemorative notes at a time when the banks were running out of commemorative folders when they were being re-printed to correct the spelling mistakes. :biggrin:

Or they got suckered into the emotional appeal of the tv commercial. High production value, quite a bit of money has definitely been used to make it. :wink:

[video=youtube;NlSiQmw2RVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlSiQmw2RVo[/video]