• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

money rich sinkies spend days queuing outside H&M store and $$$ to buy clothing

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hundreds-queue-to-buy/2239674.html

[h=1]Hundreds queue to buy Balmain x H&M collection, some for 3 days[/h] [h=2]"People inside are crazy," said shoppers of the rush to grab items in the collection, some of which were limited to five pieces in H&M's Orchard Building store.[/h]
  • By Wendy Wong
  • POSTED: 05 Nov 2015 08:29
  • UPDATED: 05 Nov 2015 13:00

hmxbalmain-queue.jpg
The queue outside H&M Singapore's Orchard Building at 6am on Nov 5, 2015. (Photo: Wendy Wong)

• Email
  • More

• A
    • A

SINGAPORE: About 400 shoppers were in line to get their hands on pieces from the limited-edition Balmain x H&M collection, which launched on Thursday (Nov 5).
The queue for Thursday's launch at Orchard Building started almost three days early. The collection is also on sale at H&M's Ion Orchard store.
h-m-balmain-queue-data.jpg

Snaking queues for the H&M x Balmain collection at 7.30am on Thursday. (Photo: Wendy Wong)
At 6am on Thursday, close to 200 people were in line at Orchard Building, but that number doubled nearing the 8am opening time. H&M Singapore staff had 420 wristbands to hand out - 30 for each 10 minute time slot - and by 7.20am, they were down to the last 20.
While the wristbands were fully given out before opening hours, an H&M spokesman said that other interested customers can walk in to see if there are pieces left on sale. He did not give the exact number of T-shirts available.
H&M staff said that while T-shirts were in stock, the rest of the Balmain x H&M items were limited to about 30 to 40 pieces each. Some "key pieces", such as a "leather jacket with emblem and embellishments" were limited to five pieces.

When the doors opened at 8am, the first batch of shoppers rushed into the store grabbing items they wanted. Some customers printed out photos of the collection to identify the exact pieces.
Customers were only allowed to buy one item per design. H&M staff checked customers' shopping bags as they left to enforce this rule.

First in line was retail assistant Michelle Kwek.
"I've been queuing since 7pm on Monday till 8am the next day, when my friend took over me at 1pm. I didn't want to be second or third, (I had to be) first to ensure that I get what I want, a blazer," said Ms Kwek, 26.
"I'm very tired but excited, but scared I pass out, too. I didn't really have dinner."
Ms Kwek also came prepared with a plan to ensure that she got what she had her eyes on: "I'm working with the people next to me, so when we go in we'll help each other to grab all the items for all of us."

kwek-balmain-data.jpg

Ms Michelle Kwek with her haul from H&M Singapore on Nov 5. (Photo: Wendy Wong)
When she emerged from H&M two hours later, holding five bags of shopping, Ms Kwek said she got almost everything she wanted - including the blazer.
"I bought some items as gifts because the holiday season is coming," said Ms Kwek. "I spent S$3,000, more than I expected."
She added: "I was so tired just now, but now I'm very alert - and very confused. I just want to go home and eat something."
Ms Aabidah Bani, a 23-year-old student who was near the end of the queue, came to buy a black dress that celebrity Kylie Jenner was previously pictured wearing. "We came, (but the queue) is crazy. We love it but this is the best we could do."
h-m-balmain-kylie-jenner-data.jpg

Celebrity Kylie Jenner was pictured wearing this dress from the H&M x Balmain collection. (Photo: Wendy Wong)
Among the first few to complete their shopping sprees was Mr Hu Hao Ran, who was with a group of friends.
Mr Hu said: "We queued up from 8.30am yesterday. I feel tired. (I didn't manage to get everything I wanted because) size is wrong; (there are) not enough sizes." The student from China said he spent S$1,555 on eight items from the collection, including coats, earrings, as well as a bag for friends.
"It was worth it," he said.
mr-hu-hao-ran-hmxbalmain-data.jpg

Mr Hu Hao Ran (L) with friends after completing their purchase. (Photo: Wendy Wong)
Mr Eldrin, 23, went a step further and booked a room at the nearby Concorde Hotel in anticipation of the long wait outside H&M's Singapore flagship store.
"This is actually our first time queuing for such an event so we didn't know what to expect. People inside are crazy. We joined the queue at 6am yesterday, and there were already 30 people ahead of us," he said.
Mr Eldrin added that he was a little disappointed that he was unable to get his hands on a jacket he had been coveting as the size he was after was out of stock. "I spent about S$1,600," he said. "It was a fun experience."
Freelance fashion stylist Nat Tic said he joined the queue at 2pm on Wednesday. "We waited for so long. It was intense, everybody was crazy inside," he said, adding that he was not able to get his hands on every item he wanted.
nat-tic-h-m-data.jpg

Freelance fashion stylist Nat Tic, who spent about S$2,000 on the H&M x Balmain collection. (Photo: Wendy Wong)
"But I did get my backpack - there are only 12 pieces in Singapore." He spent about S$2,000 in all, he told Channel NewsAsia.
Outside the store, on the pavement lining Orchard Road, customers were seen exchanging or bargaining for the pieces and sizes they wanted, but were unable to obtain.
h-m-balmain-exchanging-data.jpg

For all the patience it took for shoppers to get their hands on the limited edition items, some quickly found their way onto local online shopping portals.
balmain-carousell-data.png

A "multi-strand cuff" from the line was listed on Carousell for S$140 within minutes of the shop opening at 8am, with the seller also listing a similar necklace for S$160. On the same portal, another seller listed a green sequined dress - one of a handful available in Singapore - without a stated price. It retailed for S$299.

- CNA/av

Freelance fashion designer Bi Yue, 28, spent about $8,000. She started queueing at 6pm on Tuesday and was in the first batch of customers who entered the store.ST PHOTO: MELISSA HENG

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyl...-hm-collection

SINGAPORE - After 38 hours of queueing and spending more than $8,000 on the Balmain x H&M collection, freelance fashion designer Bi Yue still left the H&M flagship outlet at Orchard building on Thursday (Nov 5) morning feeling a little disappointed.

The beaded embellished jacket she had been eyeing, of which there were only five, had been grabbed before the 28-year-old could get to the rack.

Ms Bi, who started queuing on Tuesday at 6pm with a friend, was among the first 30 people allowed into the shop. She left the shop with almost 10 bags, with some purchases for friends and family.

Website editor Ridwan Sesapar, 27, and manager Dinie Rahman, 26, said they spent about $4,000 on clothes and accessories for themselves and a friend. They had queued since 10am on Wednesday.

"Our initial budget was $5,500 but we couldn't get everything that we wanted," said Mr Dinie.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got $$$? Pui these are the same idiots who cannot afford to buy $300k HDB or afford to have kids.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Got $$$? Pui these are the same idiots who cannot afford to buy $300k HDB or afford to have kids.

Bo pian. Balmain have very nice pieces. I was tempted too, but the thought of queueing so long.... i rather buy the main Balmain line

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Errrr....pardon my fashion ignorance.....
This balmain as in Pierre Balmain?
I never thot of this brand as hip....prices aren't very expensive as well.
Same as Fred perry.....I've got some old stuff from yesteryears and now this brand is hip all of a sudden

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Errrr....pardon my fashion ignorance.....
This balmain as in Pierre Balmain?
I never thot of this brand as hip....prices aren't very expensive as well.
Same as Fred perry.....I've got some old stuff from yesteryears and now this brand is hip all of a sudden

Yes Pierre Balmain, but fashion should not be equated by price. There are some unique and exciting pieces from lower fashion houses too. For example the latest Jeremy Scott Camo wings shoe ( the one swept to one side) looks fantastic and it is not on the same level as Fendi and Channel. Alexander Wang (ex CD Balenciaga) has good looking pieces too and many more

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Pierre Balmain, but fashion should not be equated by price. There are some unique and exciting pieces from lower fashion houses too. For example the latest Jeremy Scott Camo wings shoe ( the one swept to one side) looks fantastic and it is not on the same level as Fendi and Channel. Alexander Wang (ex CD Balenciaga) has good looking pieces too and many more

wow you're a fashion connoisseur.

Is this the jeremy scoot camo wings shoe? I'll pass

Adidas-ObyO-JEREMY-SCOTT-WING-CAMO_5.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I always thot balmain was an old fuddy duddy brand....I had a few business shirts from them....nothing high fashion. I knew he was famous for Sg uniform that's all

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I always thot balmain was an old fuddy duddy brand....I had a few business shirts from them....nothing high fashion. I knew he was famous for Sg uniform that's all

Typically the brand refreshes itself. For example Fendi a while back was a shot brand where nobody wants. When Karl Lagerfeld took over and created the monster series, it became the most sought after pieces.

The Super Karlito is just a bag charm and now selling for S$2k and somemore out of stock. I just placed order but even the sales girl also dunno when can get. For the monster sneaker, i have to wait 2 months or so before can get 1 pair.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is the average sinkie so rich?i just realised how little respect these people have for money and the ridiculous sums they spend on ridiculous things.im the same age as these guys and i realise iv been to caustious and too conservative my whole live,giving too much respect to money.the clothes i wear are two for $20,the phone i carry are $200 ah tiong phones,the laptop i use is $700 lenovo worth every dollar i paid for it,the shoe i wore had a hole in the sole for three months and i spent 2 weeks looking at a $120 shoe like five or six times before i decided to buy it.i try to scrimp and save $1200 a month so i can put them into etfs and dividend stocks and high yield bond etfs.

i realise i must be more bold and aggressive in life when handling and confronting money,i must be a capitalist and build a conglomerate like Li ka shing,and own a million shares in Singtel,Starhub,smrt,keppel,capitalland,mapletree,Bee Wah Land,Suntec Reit,SIA,sembcorp,Raffles Medical,sebana reit and suck every dollar from daft and stupid sinkies.

these sinkies look the happiest and in their best element when shopping and surrounded by shopping bags.Praise be to PAP for making SIngapore a paradise.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
" Mr Hu Hao Ran, who was with a group of friends..... The student from China said he spent S$1,555 on eight items from the
collection "

Student from China, hmm.....anyone knows if they are on our generous government scholarships?
If they are, probably makes the 70% feels shiok!- they should ask their pappy to award more scholarships to PRC's to boost our retail sector-
than can employ more Pinoy as sales staff, Indian nationals as accountants, Burmese as building engineer.

As for locals, will the old aunties get more exercise collecting cardboards in Orchard Road(discarded by H&M) rather than being cooped up at
home in their hdb estates.

Last edited:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the point of wearing nice and expensive clothes when the faces are fugly and they don't have the physiques? Better to spend the money on face jobs and hours in the gym.

mr-hu-hao-ran-hmxbalmain-data.jpg

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The guy is better off splashing the money on a prettier girl than splashing the money on himself and his current fugly girlfriend.

nat-tic-h-m-data.jpg

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these youngsters think they look very nice wearing such designer clothes but they are just slaves to fashion.

h-m-balmain-exchanging-data.jpg