• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie jockey dies from falling in sg after locking himself out from apartment

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...y/2237496.html

The Kranji-based jockey died after falling from his 12th floor apartment in Choa Chu Kang on Tuesday (Nov 3), according to reports.

POSTED: 04 Nov 2015 12:30 UPDATED: 04 Nov 2015 12:51
PHOTOS

Tim Bell in a Twitter post dated Nov 19, 2013. (Photo: @timothybell_)

SINGAPORE: An Australian jockey based in Singapore, Timothy Bell, died on Tuesday night (Nov 3) at the age of 22 after he fell from his apartment on the 12th storey.

In response to queries from Channel NewsAsia, the Police said they received a call on Nov 3 at 7.12 pm requesting for assistance at a building along Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3.

Upon arrival at the scene, the police found a 22 year old man motionless at the foot of the building. The man was conveyed unconscious to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries.

Police said they are investigating the unnatural death.

In a news release, the Singapore Turf Club said that according to unconfirmed reports, the 22-year old had locked himself out from his unit, and fell as he was attempting to climb up to the 12th storey to get his house keys.

“It’s a tragedy. Timmy had the whole future ahead of him and not only could he ride, but he was also such a great young man, and was very driven to become a very good jockey,” trainer Steven Burridge told the Singapore Turf Club.

“Unfortunately, I don’t know more about this accident other than from what most have heard. He fell while trying to get his keys back,” he added.

The Turf Club said Mr Burridge was "deeply saddened by the news", and also expressed its condolences to Mr Bell's family and friends.

Mr Bell had just started a stint at Kranji, and most recently won a Nov 1 race at Kranji, where he booted home the Burridge-trained Lim’s Bullet.

Racing NSW chief executive Peter V'landys told the Sydney Morning Herald: “To lose someone so young and with such a gift for riding is simply tragic and devastating. We extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends."

- CNA/sh

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another contender for the Darwin Awards bites the dust.

Dont tell me we got no short lightweight singos to do his job?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people that die this way velly funny leh................ask locksmith come and open door cost less than 100 bucks..............don't tell me your life not worth 100 bucks meh..............if 2nd floor still can understand lah.............

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people that die this way velly funny leh................ask locksmith come and open door cost less than 100 bucks..............don't tell me your life not worth 100 bucks meh..............if 2nd floor still can understand lah.............

I believe becos his legs were too short :(

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Have a heart guys,he's a damn good jockey.
his last win and last ride on sunday has the hallmark of a champion jockey a super confident ride i have a lighthearted conversation a few days ago...i even told him he may win the spore gold cup on sebrose who resemble the G1 winning horse in australia criterion...RIP:T Bell.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tis Trainer suay, drug horse kena 10k fined and kama kena kick by horse. Two Aust jky under his care when come over here are dead.