• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Regretted buying Xiaomi phone!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know about the latest MiUI. But have bought my staff two Mi Note, one Mi4, two Redmi 1, one Redmi 2 – no problems at all, quite stable. In fact, my staff was full of praise for the Mi Note's battery – still running at 90% charge after 2 years. Had to change her previous Samsung Galaxy Note's battery after only 1 year.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Xiaomi push notifications not working!

No app drawer!

Xiaomi better stop messing with Android OS! :mad:

Problem not solved! WTF!

http://en.miui.com/thread-79960-1-1.html

The Xiaomi phone are good stuff. Wanted to wait for Redmi Note 2. But change to OPPO.
They are good phones at good price.

Redmi note 2 ( with Dual Sim ) work for $229 (4G). Though it is a disappointing 16 GIG harddisk. But it is still better then all the Samsung Phone

Kickass

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Xiaomi phone are good stuff. Wanted to wait for Redmi Note 2. But change to OPPO.

Redmi note 2 ( with Dual Sim ) work for $229 (4G). Though it is a disappointing 16 GIG harddisk. But it is still better then all the Samsung Phone

MIUI forum locked the thread! No more Xiaomi for me! Oppo good? Its popular with Malaysians.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same here. My Mi4i is fantastic. Better than my previous iPhone.

The Mi4 is higher-specced than the Mi4i (2.5 GHz quad core with 8 MP front camera), but it's only available in HK and China. Bought one for my son from AliExpress - no complaints.

Incidentally, both the Mi4 and Mi4i exceed the iPhone 6 in specs. Only drawback with Android is compatibility and stability issues with various manufacturers' UIs and bloatware (Samsung), since Android is an open platform OS unlike the proprietary iOS.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congo... which OPPO model did you get? Any major problems with this phone?

What about Huawei? Anyone use Huawei?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congo... which OPPO model did you get? Any major problems with this phone?

What about Huawei? Anyone use Huawei?

Oppo r7 plus is good with their hand gesture, finger print technology. Plus it is giving 2 years warranty on your phone. 4100mh on battery.

Their fast charge technology is great. Within an hour, you can get from 0% to 80%.

Huawei is the best selling phone in china now. Their Google phone coming to shore. wait for it to come in

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my mi4i is pretty good and i also use it to watch movies/yt videos on tv using the mibox that uses miracast technology. The phone is like a remote and it's all wireless. Previously used a wire to connect to my note to tv.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huawei is the best selling phone in china now. Their Google phone coming to shore. wait for it to come in

Marketshare-wise, Xiaomi is currently #1 in China, Huawei #2, iPhone #3. Globally, Huawei is #3 (after Apple and Samsung); Xiaomi #5.

The Huawei P8 awesome; the new Mate S remains to be seen. But spec for spec, I'd go for Xiaomi since it's at least 30% cheaper than Huawei. Huawei is encroaching into Samsung and Apple's territory with their pricing, while Xiaomi still believes in giving you bang for your buck.

BlackIce

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oppo r7 plus is good with their hand gesture, finger print technology. Plus it is giving 2 years warranty on your phone. 4100mh on battery.

Their fast charge technology is great. Within an hour, you can get from 0% to 80%.

Ok all opposition supporters should get Oppo phones :eek:

It is a must for me to root all my android phones than to have the warranty. To the tech savvy ones, u can root your phones without voiding the phone warranty. To those who don't know how, fuck the warranty. :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a must for me to root all my android phones than to have the warranty. To the tech savvy ones, u can root your phones without voiding the phone warranty. To those who don't know how, fuck the warranty. :biggrin:

Voiding warranty is the least of your problems when you root your phone – you may 'brick' your phone if you screw up. If you're tech savvy, go ahead. (I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note successfully.)