• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC made 737 ordered sold like hot cake, delivering now! exceeding 500 orders

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A loose definition of precipitation is.....Anything that falls from the sky except airplanes.

After what TS posted I don't know if this definition will hold for very long.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There is a technical considerations as well as market factors.

It uses LEAP-X engine whilst the locally develop CY1000 is still work in progress and should be ready by 2020. Having said so, they will likely use it on the military version of C919, to gain the reliability data on military plane before introducing it to domestic routes follow by international markets. Certain datas like reliability info can't be fully tested in the lab and need to be gained from operation.

As for marketing, it will likely gain consumers and airline acceptance by using foreign made engines first till passengers gain confidence in the reliability of chinese made engines. And this can only be done through a long period of operation in military and domestic flights.

More likely there will be several different engine versions of the C919. If they want to sell it to foreign airliners, the foreign buyers will want to see a western avionics suite (Like Collins or Honeywell) and western engines on it. Its simply because they have years of experience with these engines and non with Chinese engines. They are not going to trust the chinese engines nor the support they can get. I mean what are they going to do, send the engines back to china for the scheduled overhauls? Likely the Chinese build engines will be for the local china airlines. The engine for the Comac C919 is supposed to be the Woshan SF-A based on a military engine WS-15.

I suspect that when they go for Europe and US airworthiness certificate, they will also go for at least 2 engine combos. I am not even sure they will bother with the Chinese engine certification for the US or European market.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
More likely there will be several different engine versions of the C919. If they want to sell it to foreign airliners, the foreign buyers will want to see a western avionics suite (Like Collins or Honeywell) and western engines on it. Its simply because they have years of experience with these engines and non with Chinese engines. They are not going to trust the chinese engines nor the support they can get. I mean what are they going to do, send the engines back to china for the scheduled overhauls? Likely the Chinese build engines will be for the local china airlines. The engine for the Comac C919 is supposed to be the Woshan SF-A based on a military engine WS-15.

I suspect that when they go for Europe and US airworthiness certificate, they will also go for at least 2 engine combos. I am not even sure they will bother with the Chinese engine certification for the US or European market.

It quite a likely scenario that there will be 2 engine options for foreign buyers in the years to come.

The engine core is based on domestic ws10. EASA and FAA certification is a must else this aircraft can only confined itself to China's airspace.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't want to risk my life riding on a flying coffin of China. They only know how to copy cat with cheaper material and quality.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
China made planes.. Hmm.. So are we expecting more plane crashes in the future?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It quite a likely scenario that there will be 2 engine options for foreign buyers in the years to come.

The engine core is based on domestic ws10. EASA and FAA certification is a must else this aircraft can only confined itself to China's airspace.

Not necessarily. The Chinese market is getting bigger and more developed. even if their airlines don't deploy the C919 on overseas flights they will find lots of business flying the planes within China. And i think regional flights to places like Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, etc. should also be possible without FAA and EASA certification. As well, markets like Indonesia would be good for this airliner as any Indon operator is banned from flying to Europe or US, not that the C919 has the range for it. But the central planning of China's aviation would make sure the orders are placed for the domestic airlines regardless of whether the C919 has FAA or EASA certification.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessarily. The Chinese market is getting bigger and more developed. even if their airlines don't deploy the C919 on overseas flights they will find lots of business flying the planes within China. And i think regional flights to places like Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, etc. should also be possible without FAA and EASA certification. As well, markets like Indonesia would be good for this airliner as any Indon operator is banned from flying to Europe or US, not that the C919 has the range for it. But the central planning of China's aviation would make sure the orders are placed for the domestic airlines regardless of whether the C919 has FAA or EASA certification.

c919 venture doesn't end here. If COMAC aim is to become a global player like Boeing or Airbus, it important C919 achieve global success else it will be increasingly difficult to market longer ranger aircraft like C929. I don't think domestic demand will be sufficient to sustain the longer range airliner. c919 serve as a learning experience for COMAC like obtaining FAA certification, post sales support as well as brand building.etc.

If they don't set their sight on global market, there is no need to incorporate so many foreign inputs like avionics and various sub system into c919. China can just produce her own but that also means the aircraft will be less marketable since major airlines are already using existing suppliers like Honeywell, Rockwell Collins etc. they don't need to complicate their existing operations by adding the chinese sub system into their maintenance.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual the world market will go to PRC.

I don't foresee this happening in the aviation industry. Air travelers have serious reservation on taking planes made in china. Not at least until they established a track record on their domestic routes and some third world countries. FAA certification, western engines and critical sub system components helps to will help gain market acceptance but nonetheless the credibility gap of made In China tag will still continue to burden COMAC effort in the short to medium term.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aafd36e3-4d22-424a-890e-9e5e9dd040dc-2060x1236.jpeg

Mitsubishi flies Japan's first ever passenger jet

Mitsubishi Regional Jet is country’s first commercial airliner since propeller models of the 1970s and is aimed at growing market for smaller planes

Japan’s first ever domestic passenger jet has successfully embarked on its maiden test flight, culminating a decade of development for a programme aimed at competing with Brazilian and Canadian rivals in the global market for smaller aircraft.

The Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ) – developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries – lifted off from the runway at Nagoya airport on Wednesday.

The two-engine aircraft, approximately 35 metres (115ft) long, flew smoothly upward into clear skies in central Japan.

The plane marks a new chapter for Japan’s aviation sector, which last debuted a commercial airliner in 1962: the YS-11 turboprop, which was discontinued about a decade later.

The MRJ will seat about 80 passengers and is seen competing with other regional passenger jet manufacturers such as Brazil’s Embraer and Canada’s Bombardier.

Firms in Japan were banned from developing aircraft by US occupiers following its defeat in the second world war.

Mitsubishi Heavy, a military contractor, built Japan’s “Zero” fighter plane.

The developer boasts that the MRJ, a fuel-efficient, next-generation aircraft, will offer more passenger comfort with lower operating costs, eyeing the booming regional jet sector.

Neighbouring China recently unveiled its C919 jetliner, which seats 158 and aims to compete with the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pretty soon we gonna have two brand new seasons of air crash investigation:death in the skies.starring the chinese pilot from city wok,the asian co pilot from star trek enterprise who forgot to release the parking brakes before takeoff and jackie chan in seat five aisle 2.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the planes starts dropping from the skies like flies that I say huat ah....
Lucky most are orders from chink companies

China is very good in copy, replica or imitation, look alike product,

the product sells like hot cake look like a plane isn't it??

It might fall off the sky when it exceed certain height like 30.000 ft??