• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should schools make upper secondary students wear shorts too?

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could it help with the increasing juvenile problems eg underage smoking, loitering etc? Seems that these problems often start at upper secondary. Maybe they can implement this like Catholic High or Hwa Chong?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean students wil not smoke or loiter if dey r made 2 wear shots? ...

He meant after wear shorts like hwa chong, preferably with buttons on top of shirt, will look like scholars, hence will not smoke or loiter

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
He meant after wear shorts like hwa chong, preferably with buttons on top of shirt, will look like scholars, hence will not smoke or loiter

Yes it will be harder for them to con the 7-11 for cigarettes or other stuff like that. cos SOme kids think that upper sec = long pants = act tough.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You aren't less of a man wearing shorts. Back in my day, the secondary schoolboys who were getting the most pussy were wearing shorts for their school uniform. :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, the upper secondary girls should also be wearing shorts.

you mean tight shorts?

8.jpg

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my time, I wore those white berms for four years...

Lucky you..wish our school could have be the same...back then, how we envy schs like CHS, tchs the guys all wear shorts, while we sweating in our stuffy uniform every afternoon & rolling up just for 'breeze'...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Absolutely agree.

The dress code for certain professions also ridiculous. Those that insist on jacket and tie. Even wearing a summer jacket in sinkie hot weather is crazy. You end up jacking the office thermostat like Arctic circle so you can wear your 'office attire'.
Even budget airlines also going for practical polo tees now.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I picked up cigarette smoking at primary 5. And in secondary school, we could buy cigarettes from the drink seller at our school tuckshop.

Cheers!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could it help with the increasing juvenile problems eg underage smoking, loitering etc? Seems that these problems often start at upper secondary. Maybe they can implement this like Catholic High or Hwa Chong?

i am from catholic high and i am proud of our shorts.:biggrin: