• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice from dog lovers

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched this drama and fell in love this dog. What is the breed ? How much does it cost to keep one ? I never knew dogs could be so lovely and intelligent.

Does one normally keep this breed of dog as puppy ?

150823084119100311.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Golden retrievers r easily one of the most tamed dogs. Easy with kids. Good schloNg. Rough with ladies.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breed of this dog is Labrador. Very popular breed.

To me, a dog is a dog, and they each have their own temperament and personality, but most people familiar with dogs will agree that labs are good with people, compatible with children, and other pets, trainable, mostly good things. I would prefer to start owning a dog from puppy, but I've seen people adopt dogs from adult (3 years and above) and still get along fine. Cost? It all depends. If you have the time, go to SPCA and see if they have one you could adopt, I think they only charge an admin fee. Just keep in mind that keeping a dog requires commitment and responsibility.

Have fun.

Cheers!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best if you adopt a fap dog. Their running and porlumpar skills r unparalleled if not diagonal. Most of them have tendency to behave like gong cheebye. Begging to b fark day or night.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to get a male or female dog ?

What do I feed a Labrador Retrievable with ?

Would a LR be intelligent enough to know to shit only in the toilet ?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of cos female. You won't want sudden shock of it bonking you or your gf in the middle of the night.

You feed it with dried food like dried prawn kiam hee.

They not only able to pee in toilet they can flush as well and take a sip from the WC. So don't fight for toilets.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Male or female is personal preference.
Male - bigger, may be more territorial, may mark premises with urine (if spayed, this possibility may be reduced),
Female - smaller, will drip blood during menstruation ( unless spayed)
Feed - I always believe the best option is cook raw meat without any seasoning( some people may even recommend feeding raw meat). However, most people are too busy and the next option would be dog food. Dry kibbles is very convenient. Go for better brands. Do a google, there simply too many to name.
Shit in the toilet? - Haha , this is a good one. The short answer is it's possible. However, do remember that dogs are like little kids who never grow up. You have to teach and train it to do stuff. All dogs can be trained to pee/poo either on grass or on newspapers. Please google for basic dog training. It takes time and patience. It doesn't just happen. How long it takes depends on the dog as not all dogs are born of equal intelligence. Back to your question of shitting in the toilet, I have seen it happen before but that would be a long shot.
Hope that helps.

Oh, do remember also that taking care of a puppy can be frustrating and time consuming almost like taking care of a baby but the rewards will more than offset it. Please make sure you have the time for it especially in the 1st year. Your Lab may even chew up your furniture if you left it on its own.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gender, that's personal preference. Unless you intend to breed the dog (do not attempt unless you are trained to handle this, and have the space), suggest to neuter if male, or spay if female. Un-neutered males mark territory, stinking up the place, and hump anything whenever they get horny. Female dogs make a mess when their period comes.

In the past, dogs ate leftovers of what people in the household ate, some people may buy separate meats to feed their dogs. These days, dog owners buy dry dog foods from the pet section in supermarkets. Popular/common brands are Alpo and Pedigree, but more expensive "designer" brands are available from pet stores. I prefer feeding them with these doggie food - their poop is more consistent, and easier to pick up. If you feed the doggie with other forms of cooked/raw meat, uncertain how its poop will emerge, and you do not want watery lau sai kind to make it troublesome.

Toilet training is one of the essential areas home pets need to be trained. Advisable to spend some time taking care of this, you don't want your dog pooping anywhere it feels like, you'd have a problem then. Good luck, and enjoy your pooch!

Cheers!

steveaustin316

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best if you adopt a fap dog. Their running and porlumpar skills r unparalleled if not diagonal. Most of them have tendency to behave like gong cheebye. Begging to b fark day or night.

very well said. if only, i could add to your points.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Male or female is personal preference.
Male - bigger, may be more territorial, may mark premises with urine (if spayed, this possibility may be reduced),
Female - smaller, will drip blood during menstruation ( unless spayed)
Feed - I always believe the best option is cook raw meat without any seasoning( some people may even recommend feeding raw meat). However, most people are too busy and the next option would be dog food. Dry kibbles is very convenient. Go for better brands. Do a google, there simply too many to name.
Shit in the toilet? - Haha , this is a good one. The short answer is it's possible. However, do remember that dogs are like little kids who never grow up. You have to teach and train it to do stuff. All dogs can be trained to pee/poo either on grass or on newspapers. Please google for basic dog training. It takes time and patience. It doesn't just happen. How long it takes depends on the dog as not all dogs are born of equal intelligence. Back to your question of shitting in the toilet, I have seen it happen before but that would be a long shot.
Hope that helps.

Oh, do remember also that taking care of a puppy can be frustrating and time consuming almost like taking care of a baby but the rewards will more than offset it. Please make sure you have the time for it especially in the 1st year. Your Lab may even chew up your furniture if you left it on its own.

Thanks for the detailed information. It certainly helps :smile:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gender, that's personal preference. Unless you intend to breed the dog (do not attempt unless you are trained to handle this, and have the space), suggest to neuter if male, or spay if female. Un-neutered males mark territory, stinking up the place, and hump anything whenever they get horny. Female dogs make a mess when their period comes.

In the past, dogs ate leftovers of what people in the household ate, some people may buy separate meats to feed their dogs. These days, dog owners buy dry dog foods from the pet section in supermarkets. Popular/common brands are Alpo and Pedigree, but more expensive "designer" brands are available from pet stores. I prefer feeding them with these doggie food - their poop is more consistent, and easier to pick up. If you feed the doggie with other forms of cooked/raw meat, uncertain how its poop will emerge, and you do not want watery lau sai kind to make it troublesome.

Toilet training is one of the essential areas home pets need to be trained. Advisable to spend some time taking care of this, you don't want your dog pooping anywhere it feels like, you'd have a problem then. Good luck, and enjoy your pooch!

Cheers!

By any chance, how much does it cost to keep a Labrador ?

Any difference between a Labrador Retriever and a Golden Retriever ? Apart from the colour, of course. :smile:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any difference between a Labrador Retriever and a Golden Retriever ? Apart from the colour, of course. :smile:

Golden retrievers have a much longer coat. They're both bred to be retrievers, so they have similar traits. The golden retriever ranks slightly higher in intelligence and trainability, and is the dog of choice as guide and 'seeing eye' dogs. Both breeds are good with children, have even temperaments, and make good family dogs.