• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Examples of how difficult it is to learn Thai language!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even the simple words Mai Dai has 3 meaning

Mai Dai = Cannot
Mai Dai = Did not
Mai Dai = Did not receive or get

[video=youtube;IOlP_glB6ec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOlP_glB6ec[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
OMG!!!!!! She's so super cute! Who's she? That smiley face is so captivating.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OMG!!!!!! She's so super cute! Who's she? That smiley face is so captivating.

Naa Rak Jing Jing

Actually I really learn from her!! Example Ao and Yaak. I know when to use Ao when to use Yaak for conversations, but didn't know that Ao is for noun and yaak for Verb.

[video=youtube;M7Mp61HeU94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Mp61HeU94[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Naa Rak Jing Jing

Actually I really learn from her!! Example Ao and Yaak. I know when to use Ao when to use Yaak for conversations, but didn't know that Ao is for noun and yaak for Verb.

Man it helps if teachers are cute like her. I'm still learning from these cuties here in LOS

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only a dumbfuck like TS would say Thai language is difficult.
I'm speaking from personal experience and almost 30 years interaction with thai culture.
Conversational thai is relatively easy. By this I dun mean wet market lousy thai but proper thai like those you hear thai newscasters speak. Written thai is slightly harder but I wouldn't call it difficult. Many other langagues much harder to master. Chinese which most of us familiar with is one such example.
Other variants of thai are their dialects and if you really want to be a know it all then can go and learn rajasap which is basically ancient thai now still being used by royalty

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Other variants of thai are their dialects and if you really want to be a know it all then can go and learn rajasap which is basically ancient thai now still being used by royalty

pirate+eye+patch.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm speaking from personal experience and almost 30 years interaction with thai culture.
Conversational thai is relatively easy. By this I dun mean wet market lousy thai but proper thai like those you hear thai newscasters speak. Written thai is slightly harder but I wouldn't call it difficult. Many other langagues much harder to master. Chinese which most of us familiar with is one such example.

Chinese, is difficult for a slow learner gongest chee bye retard like you to learn, that one I know!

Chinese is actually an easier language than Thai, is just that we have Chinese background (toner langugage) and that is why is easier for us to pick up Thai.

In term of lingual logic, Thai is more difficult. Even forming of words, there are more variation. Chinese is difficult because each Chinese character is unique. Otherwise Chinese (Mandarin) is easier to learn.

Of course a fucktard who suck the cock of our Foreign Trash jiu hu kia, wouldn't understand this.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which is probably why their country is retarded and they talk like animals since they are too stupid and lazy to come up with three different words for three seperate meanings.

any lazier they will be using monkey and gorilla grunts to communicate with each other.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is another difficult part, telling time. Cos their logic for time is different from English and (new) Chinese way of telling time. Different logic, especially the evenings.

Example :

12 am - tiang khuen

From 1 am to 5 am, they use dtee, following by the number 1,2,3,4 5.

1 am - dtee neung (neung is 1)
2 am - dtee song (song is 2)
3 am - dtee sam (sam is 3)....
4 am - dtee see (5)
5 am - dtee haa (6)

From 6 am to 11 am, they use Mong Chao!

6 am - Hok Mong Chaaw (Hok is the number 6)

......7 am ..... 10 am ..... it all the numbers 7 to, 11 plus Mong Chaaw

11 am - Sip et Mong chaaw (Sip et is 11)

12 pm - tiang wan

From 1 pm to 3 pm they use Baai Moong, a bit more difficult cos the number is in the middle

1 pm - Baai Mong (no number one)
2 pm - Baai Song Mong (Song is 2)
3 pm Baai Saam Mong

From 4 pm to 6 pm they use Mong Yen. So is 4,5, and 6 in thai followed by Mong Yen.

4 pm - See Mong Yen
5 pm - Haa Mong Yen
6pm - Hok Mong Yen

Now the most fucking difficult is the evening. From 7 pm t 11 pm, instead of using number 7 to 11, they go from1 to 5 again!!!

7 pm - Neung Thum (Neung is number 1)
8 pm - Song Thum (Song is number 2)
9 pm - Saam Thum (Saam is number 3)
10 pm - See Thum (See is number 4)
11 pm - Haa Thum (Haa is number 5)

So instead of going with the logic 7 pm, 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm, 11 pm, you get 1 thum (evening), 2 thum, 3 thum, 4 thum and 5 thum.

So is not a direct translation of number, but rather a different logic. How the fuck to remember 4 Thum is 10 pm?

I know a lot of Thai people who problem articulating 7 pm to 11 pm in English because they have the "Thum" logic.

Similarly, for me, although I speak Thai quite ok, but sometimes I still need to think 10 pm is Saam Toom (3 evening) or See Toom (4 evening)

Btw, Thum is not "evening" per say, but rather the gong sound of Thai temple in the evening. "The toom toom toom sound of the temple gongs"

[video=youtube;hcCtL1zxGYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCtL1zxGYY[/video]

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will be confusing if you learn just from english translation (eg mandarin from Hanyu Pinyin) as the Thais often misspell the english sounds
eg ตุจักร is written by the Thais as Chatuchak when it should be Jak-Tuk-Jark.

If you learn from the roadside, the Thais often shortcut the pronunciation eg อะไร(what) into alai instead of arkrai.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nigger come on la you have almost 30 years immersed in thai culture of course easy for you.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nigger come on la you have almost 30 years immersed in thai culture of course easy for you.

Hey dumbfuck. How long for a child to master a langauge?
How many years of formal schooling to learn english and Chinese for us?
Add up the hours of your English lessons etc. time spent studying for exams. That is the time and effort invested to reach your current level of proficiency.
Even for dialect.....for me it's the first langauge since birth I learnt to speak....even without formal training.....it would take a normal person years of practice to master.
You read some books and go for some courses twice a week for 3 months you intend to master a language?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS thinks thai is hard and mandarin is easy.
Mandarin is one of the langauge that translators and linguists find hardest to learn.
Thai dun even figure in the top 20.
He thinks thai is difficult? Cantonese is at least few times more difficult and it's not even a langauge only a dialect

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey dumbfuck. How long for a child to master a langauge?
How many years of formal schooling to learn english and Chinese for us?
Add up the hours of your English lessons etc. time spent studying for exams. That is the time and effort invested to reach your current level of proficiency.
Even for dialect.....for me it's the first langauge since birth I learnt to speak....even without formal training.....it would take a normal person years of practice to master.
You read some books and go for some courses twice a week for 3 months you intend to master a language?

WTF are you saying you dumb nigger?

Wouldn't you bitching how easy thai is to learn and how difficult chinese is.

Look at your post your post is actually speaking up for e69 who claims thai is hard while chinese is easy and you the opposite.

The part i highlighted in red well how does it aid you in your argument to e69 who you claim is a dumbfuck because he finds thai difficult in the part i highlighted it actually aids him since it is assumed he isn't learning thai in a formal school and using it on a daily basis. In short you have contridicted yourself.

Anyway you have 30 years of learning thai well you're supposed to be pretty proficient in it right? I mean if you are bad in it that's worse than any school kid. :rolleyes: