• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to buy SQ Stewardess Sarong Kebaya ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustaffa level 2 souvenir section I think may still carry it. Otherwise goto Chinatown along temple street area

Those are replicas. You want the real thing you got to get an actual SIA girl to buy for you. Sometime back there was an enterprising crew doing that online.....the one item I liked was their winter cloak.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those are replicas. You want the real thing you got to get an actual SIA girl to buy for you. Sometime back there was an enterprising crew doing that online.....the one item I liked was their winter cloak.

I think the uniform, kebaya & slippers is not very practical.
Especially when it is winter in some of the countries SIA flies to. If there is an accident, I wonder how the crew are suppose to help passengers when dressed in kebayas:confused:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the uniform, kebaya & slippers is not very practical.
Especially when it is winter in some of the countries SIA flies to. If there is an accident, I wonder how the crew are suppose to help passengers when dressed in kebayas:confused:

Form over substance
Anyways I think the uniform looks dated. Some of the other airlines new uniforms look so refreshing. SIA Machiam pap still stuck in past glory. Even the check in uniforms of some airline staff looks much better

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Controlled item. Can only be obtained from the SAF/SIA e-mart. Only one set of uniform for every employee each year. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Form over substance
Anyways I think the uniform looks dated. Some of the other airlines new uniforms look so refreshing. SIA Machiam pap still stuck in past glory. Even the check in uniforms of some airline staff looks much better

Indeed, batik is quite outdated. It's quite hilarious and ironic that SIA would showcase Javanese batik culture on their crew uniforms. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Form over substance

The uniform was designed by Pierre Balmain an angmo fashion designer. As you say form over substance.

I doubt that the management of SIA is willing to replace the kebayas because the image of the airlines was/is built up around the kebaya outfitted Spore girl.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But according to chootchiew, a $1.5k wallet can only allow him to touch waist of a normal Sinkie gal. lol

Chootchiew is what we call a market spoiler.
Unlike folks will term him as a gongcheebye....
If i have to part with a 1.5k gift for a normal sinkie girl....my ROI has to be at least a weekend of deprave sexual adventures.
I guess he is just one of those out of touch with the outside 'hang cheng'

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, batik is quite outdated. It's quite hilarious and ironic that SIA would showcase Javanese batik culture on their crew uniforms. :biggrin:

Javanese = malay mah must give face to these m&ds no matter what. Cannot showcase chinese culture obviously if not it is racism.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chootchiew is what we call a market spoiler.
Unlike folks will term him as a gongcheebye....
If i have to part with a 1.5k gift for a normal sinkie girl....my ROI has to be at least a weekend of deprave sexual adventures.
I guess he is just one of those out of touch with the outside 'hang cheng'

What if she doesn't want to give sexual adventures?