• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Voted for this] North East Line MRT stations hit by blackout

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What false logic!

1. NE MRT line runs through severla electorates, not just Hougang lah. It passes through part of MP GRC (eg Serangoon St at NEX) then to PAP held Potong Pasir then the Jln Besar GRC etc

2. WP has NO SAY in the running of the NE MRT line, can Png Eng Huat from Hougang start sacking any NE MRT line management?

I think you never read..." If Hougang had voted for the PAP" this would no had happened....before the NEL was built one 'wooden" & company told the HG , PP voters that, if they voted for the WP..no Train Stations...

That is why they should have voted for the PAP...they will get no breakdown service...for the PAP is the best!....:rolleyes:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there

1. Just give some gainful knives to the 8-buck cow.
2. Honest, what's news?
3. Still got the pig guts to match the mtr :biggrin:

Friend..Friend.. Desmond kuek says his 100% pay increase in one year ..IS NOT ENOUGH...

Be mentally prepared for more breakdowns.

And also,....What"s wrong with having more breakdowns..??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you never read..." If Hougang had voted for the PAP" this would no had happened....before the NEL was built one 'wooden" & company told the HG , PP voters that, if they voted for the WP..no Train Stations...

That is why they should have voted for the PAP...they will get no breakdown service...for the PAP is the best!....:rolleyes:

Those stuck in the trains must regret their decision in not taking the bus.

I think in the future more people will opt for the slower but more reliable buses:smile:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard a perfect soundbite from the boss on this: you could not make it up:

WE NEED TO KEEP GETTING (INSERT INDUSTRY HERE) RIGHT!!!

LOL.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think in the future more people will opt for the slower but more reliable buses:smile:

I do not know if you have been a long time commuter here like I have, from the days of the mosquito buses by Tay Koh Yat, Gren Bus, Punggol Bus etc..STC....to the CCS mini buses 6, 8 & others....?

When the MRT Lines were up...many of the bus services that ran in tandem with some of the MRT lines were removed & especially some bus lines in some opposition's ward were removed by Heng Chee How...so much for planning!!.

The MRT lines started breaking down 'frequently'.....& the system could not cope with the breakdowns & there were no buses that could move the people quickly away from the congestion...they have now started to add back some services that compliment the train lines!...but this had brought on, another logistic problem.....go to any bus interchanges....there are too many buses arriving into the interchanges & the interchanges were not designed for the current additional load...as a result, often, there are jams for in coming buses...

If there is any trains breaking down....they will have to activate buses..& this in turn..causes the bus interchanges to clog up as well...

In other words...our transportation system had lagged behind to the population addition...that is....it is 'breaking at the seams'....

Let us see how the cow$8 solve this....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not know if you have been a long time commuter here like I have, from the days of the mosquito buses by Tay Koh Yat, Gren Bus, Punggol Bus etc..STC....to the CCS mini buses 6, 8 & others....

Yes I remember the good old days of STC, the yellow bus company, .... :smile:

That is why when I bought my home I decided to pay $$ to get a place nearer to the city & bus routes & now that I don't drive, I'm getting on fine without a car Even if the trains breakdown I can take the buses

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friend..Friend.. Desmond kuek says his 100% pay increase in one year ..IS NOT ENOUGH...

Be mentally prepared for more breakdowns.

And also,....What"s wrong with having more breakdowns..??

To paraphrase the most eminent ESM GCT: " If there are no MRT breakdowns, I worry!"

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

My brother was stuck once in the tunnel...from then on he has phobia and stop taking the trains.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My brother was stuck once in the tunnel...from then on he has phobia and stop taking the trains.

It is probably a wise decision.

With so many things going wrong you never know what will go wrong next? Imagine a train failure & fire happening at the same time, or power outages during a fire in one of the new 35 story buildings:eek: