• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

where to eat authentic deer meat in singapore zhi cha

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterady i ate at gombak..taste more like certian part of a pig..not very certain.
fried with black pepper and chilli..so the taste very hard to detect.

faithang

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah, i also think most of them are not real deer meet. If there are so many deer meet, why is it not selling in NTUC?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use to be able to buy deer meat dishes for $5 at a local food court, but they discontinued using deer a few years ago & replaced it with beef.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shi Fu Ge Restaurant

Recommended:

Ginger Onion Deer Meat
Bittergourd Black Bean Deer Meat

uLXT3aB.jpg

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
siao liao
i just paid $18 for a plate yesterday
is deer difficult to farm?

I drove from Toronto back to Ithaca...on the way back about 5 deers lying dead by the road sides..all killed on the highway as they tried to cross to the other sides..

We, chinese always think of food and eat anything that has four limbs except table and chair.
But for the Americans, they don't think it is a good idea to eat them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember when I was a young boy sitting is the car my dad was driving, he hit a water-fowl (a type of skinny marsh bird) crossing the road and killed it. He got out of the car, took the bird home, defeathered it, and got my aunt (she did all our household stuff) to cook it for dinner. My mom and dad got into a quarrel that evening, mom was mad at dad for making dinner out of the road-kill, dad didn't see anything wrong with it, citing it will be wasted if nobody ate it!!!!

I don't know what I'd do in a similar situation. Wild animals may be infected with disease(s) and/or parasites and the meat we buy from the markets have been inspected (I hope!), so eating wild game is something we should think carefully about before making BBQ out of the carcass.

Cheers!

I drove from Toronto back to Ithaca...on the way back about 5 deers lying dead by the road sides..all killed on the highway as they tried to cross to the other sides..

We, chinese always think of food and eat anything that has four limbs except table and chair.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kind of reminds me of the time I was staying in Toronto which was a long time ago. Back then Knobhill was where I did my grocery shopping & if you liked liver it was selling cheap because I think only the chinese would buy them:smile:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yesterady i ate at gombak..taste more like certian part of a pig..not very certain.

That's because it IS pig. All they do is tenderize the meat and put a load of flavourings and seasoning, and then call it "deer meet".

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah, i also think most of them are not real deer meet. If there are so many deer meet, why is it not selling in NTUC?

I know Calfour at Plaza Singapura used to sell all sorts of meats for 'culinary' cooking, like Pheasants, some goose, or some parts of the duck, & Venison ( deer meat). I think I might have bought some, a long time back to cook. I have not seen Farce Price..selling these....F. Price...have Crocodile meat..I saw.

There was a zhi char stall near me who use to have hot plate venison & a very long, long time back, what's that name of the restaurant at OCBC Main Office Building, that have a $20+ Venison Hor fun...

Was there a deer farm in Johor or in Indonesia?....don't know if the Zoo sell their 'animal meats'....maybe to the pet food manufacturers, who knows?? Are they any wild boar meat stalls in Singapore? both cooked & uncooked?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kind of reminds me of the time I was staying in Toronto which was a long time ago. Back then Knobhill was where I did my grocery shopping & if you liked liver it was selling cheap because I think only the chinese would buy them:smile:

I learned from the meat sellers, we get a lot of the 'parts' of the chicken, ducks, pigs etc...from Australian or the ang moh butchers....for they do not eat, pig intestines, or chicken intestines...etc..

It is not easy to find Chicken Intestines these days, or even pig's spleen. Last time, you can add Chicken Intestines when you buy Chicken rice...it taste good fried with Sesame Oil. Pig's Spleen with Kao Geh Choy ( the vegetables with a lot of thorns, now hard to find too) plus Pig's liver, a little ginger, boil soup...taste yummy!

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

At least they dun give you human meat!

Like that human curry crime case some time ago!

If it taste funny better dun eat it!