• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why JB house owners like to rent out "unfurnished" houses ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to a few houses in JB, and have also been looking up the ads. I feel it's strange that 99% of the houses are unfurnished. The m&d Chinese owners bought the houses, but they don't even bother about installing a kitchen cabinet and air conditioning.

And they expect someone will rent his house and install the necessary ?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
jb owners wont want to furnish their rental houses

cos b4 they can find a tenant, all the furniture will be gone

(broken into and bye bye)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Condos in JB are not so bad because most condos in JB come with kitchen cabinet, aircon and other accessories. But detached and terrace houses in JB are kosong.

If I stay in JB it would be because it is cheaper than staying in Spore. If I was renting I would prefer a condo as there is less maintenance involved.

The problem for a landlord renting out a furnished home is that after spending $$$ on furnishing it. You have to charge higher rent to cover the added cost. People may also not like the furnishings:smile:
Can imagine all kinds of people renting in JB, if they are PRC chinese they are probably only interested in 4 walls & a sleeping bag.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem for a landlord renting out a furnished home is that after spending $$$ on furnishing it. You have to charge higher rent to cover the added cost.

That is precisely the problem. Why not furnish it and charge higher rent ? That will reflect the true value of the market rental.

And we're talking about very basic furnishing. Is it too much to ask for a kitchen cabinet with a stove or hotplate ? And air conditioning in the master bedroom ?

I think the real problem is money or NO money. They have money to buy the house because they're m&ds they can buy it cheaply. But they don't have money to do some basic furnishing. They're still paying monthly installments for the mortgage.

Whilst there is discrimination against foreigners buying houses where the minimum purchase price has to be RM1 million, the renovation market makes no such distinction. They don't have RM30,000 to do a basic renovation.