• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

safe to invest?

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
walked into UOB bank and got bombarded with so many money making products.
when I asked safe or not, they stop talking.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but this safe to invest? 5yr+11mth 2.6%pa. :biggrin:

IMAG0143.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u do know that the goverment has just come out with singapore savings bond for 2.0 to 2.six percent with no early termination penalty?

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
well. i invested in such structure deposit before.

well, mine one is capital protected..but the yield not so attractive.

if i am not wrong, the 2.6% not for annually. think only the first year 2.6% then subsequent years probably follow current interest rate.

so, cant earn much also

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
2.6%?

Hahahaa..you better leave your money to Ho Chink to manage for you...if you are that DUMB not to get better yield than that...she will still pay you 2.6% or thereabout, from her over 10% yield she can get from investing YOUR MONEY ...

Don't believe ask any dumb Sinkie who have money in their CPF! LoLoLoloolololoL

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why bother to give your money to the bank?

Invest in blue chip stocks or dollar-cost average into a low-cost index fund. You'd get far better returns over time.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seriously just buy facebook, google and apple. Can you conceive of these companies not growing at least by 5% per year over the next 10 years?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can invest in one of the dividend paying stocks in the US. The US dollar is likely to appreciate when they start increasing interest rates. So you get more $ than from investing in any local company.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
u do know that the goverment has just come out with singapore savings bond for 2.0 to 2.six percent with no early termination penalty?

to get full benefit it must be held until maturity. gov bond 10 yrs and I think must apply and not 100% can buy, effective return 2.4%pa, this one 2.6%pa after 6 yrs.

long ago I was sold a structured product by OCBC with 5yrs maturity. then lehman brothers collapse, aig... and all hell broke loose. I thought die money gone. but when product mature I got 15%.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
after awhile bank keep calling me because money sitting there no interest. I asked got sell structured product:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. they say no:(:(:(.

my experience at UOB bank was like pre-lehman brothers time, where banks try to sell u anything. one time I was asked to buy crude oil at a bank.:eek::eek::eek:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

you also know the take up rate was shitty.............. all financial institutions ganged up to rip savers of their money like cPF

jw5

Loyal
Whether you talk to them should depend on whether the "banker" who tries to sell you the product is chiobu or not. :wink:

Doesn't mean you have to buy, just talk to her only. :biggrin:

walked into UOB bank and got bombarded with so many money making products.
when I asked safe or not, they stop talking.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but this safe to invest? 5yr+11mth 2.6%pa. :biggrin: