• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

X Files is making a comeback to TV!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'X-Files' makes its TV comeback, after 13-year absence

October 7, 2015 11:30 AM

d8ea669f02cde014555edf4c4375bcf82bc202f0.jpg

X-File stars David Duchovny (R) and Gillian Anderson (L) reunite in their roles as Fox Mulder, a hothead FBI agent investigating the inexplicable, and Dana Scully, his rational partner (AFP Photo/)

Cannes (France) (AFP) - The truth is out there, fans of "The X-Files" always knew -- and now agents Mulder and Scully are back to digging it out after a 13-year hiatus from the small screen.

The cult US show made its long-awaited return this week at the MIPCOM TV market held annually in the French Riviera town of Cannes, with the screening of the first episode of the new, six-part miniseries.

"X-Files" creator Chris Carter presented the screening and said the series' conceits have expanded beyond the investigation of extraterrestrial and paranormal activity to include the very current themes of America under videosurveillance, citizens being spied upon and an overweening government.

The two stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, reunite in their roles as Fox Mulder, a hothead FBI agent investigating the inexplicable, and Dana Scully, his rational partner.

They made their last on-screen appearance together in a 2008 movie, "The X-Files: I Want to Believe", which received middling-to-positive reviews.

In their new TV adventure, they find themselves caught up in a dangerous conspiracy run up by a wealthy individual who may or may not be seeking to master alien technology.

"The X-Files" miniseries will get its public airing in the US on January 26 next year, on the Fox network, before rolling out to other territories around the world. If it clicks again with audiences, more "X-Files" series could follow.

The original nine seasons of the show, which screened between 1993 and 2002, proved to be a worldwide success with both critics and audiences, and carried off numerous Emmy and Golden Globe awards.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Milking the franchise dry, like what Marvel does to its superheroes or what EA Games did to Command and Conquer. :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt it'll be as huge as its heyday....
Most fans have moved on.
I'll like to see the series 24 being revived.....soon or I'll lose interests in that too.
Looking forward to season 3 of The Blacklist now.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt it'll be as huge as its heyday....
Most fans have moved on.
I'll like to see the series 24 being revived.....soon or I'll lose interests in that too.
Looking forward to season 3 of The Blacklist now.

I usually don't follow TV series.. except for Hannibal. Was extremely disappointed when they cancelled Season 4. That's the part Clarice Starling is supposed to get introduced to Dr Lector

silenceofthelambs.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually don't follow TV series.. except for Hannibal. Was extremely disappointed when they cancelled Season 4. That's the part Clarice Starling is supposed to get introduced to Dr Lector

silenceofthelambs.jpg

one man's meat is another man's poison.
I watched 2 episodes and fell asleep.
I followed Lost for a few seasons before finally giving up.
Wanted Flash Forward to have a second season but it got canned....I thot that series had potential.
Well you win some you lose some