• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean PMET feeling like a minority worker in his Malaysian-majority workplace

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just joined a company as a Sales Engineer and i noticed a worrying trend. Out of the 5 people in my dept, I am the only Singaporean. the rest are Malaysians driving their Malaysian-registered car, commuting to work everyday.

There is a worrying situation in the Outdoor Sales n Service industry of Singaaore.

Ever since the government made it difficult for the ordinary citizen to buy a car, lesser Singaporeans are able to take up a job that requires the employee to possess his own car.

On average, a company would pay a service or sales engineer about $900-1000 in car/petrol allowance. In these times, that amount is not even enough to cover for a month’s instalment let alone petrol.

However, for a Malaysian looking for a job in SG, it fits them well. They do not need to pump a 3/4 tank of petrol to go back across the causeway.

Daily VEP charges works out to be $35 per day about $700 per month.

Assuming a new service/sales engineer gets $3000 + $1000. They still plenty to spend back in MY.

Petrol is pumped in RM, servicing in RM, they can even change cars regularly.

With the current exchange rates, some are taking back 10k RM to spend in JB.

Has anyone noticed that the motorcycles and cars coming in from JB are getting bigger in CC? They are upgrading their transport while many Singaporeans are relegated to taking public transport.

A short drive up to Tuas or other industry area would confirmed my observations.

Shouldn’t the authorities charge a higher VEP to people driving their vehicles to work in SG?

Shouldn’t they be regulated to 3/4 tank back to Malaysia? In a couple of years, the only people that can afford cars are the rich and Malaysians driving into Singapore.

We just want a fair environment for employment but the government is encouraging foreign vehicles to come into SG work and bring the money back to MY.

Moreover, when I go to customers’ place they too have many Malaysians working there. Quite hard to sell stuff to them but when their own coworkers go to them…they seem to be more receptive!

Timolty

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2015/1...sian-majority-workplace/#sthash.bry0xJ2x.dpuf

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singaporean PMET feeling like a minority worker in his Malaysian-majority workpla

Malaysians are a mixed bag, but those whom I've interacted with are pleasant and competent.

I work in a 'United Nations' environment, and thankfully (surprisingly?) no Ah Nehs, at least not in my department. :cool:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singaporean PMET feeling like a minority worker in his Malaysian-majority workpla

goodbye horses!!

u get the government u vote for.

[video=youtube;Db4Nds4BOVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db4Nds4BOVo[/video]

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRs should pay a premium above the COE price in order to own a Singapore car, they are the ones causing congestion and COE prices to go up.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where were all these pmets during election ? Scratch scratch scratch head :confused:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRs should pay a premium above the COE price in order to own a Singapore car, they are the ones causing congestion and COE prices to go up.

Agree. Since school fees went up too for them.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

those fucking shits voted them in shud know the consequences

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't complain. There are a few here who love to suck jiu hu kia Tonychat's dick in this forum and they will sure have not issue working with jiu hu kias.