• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore needs strong economy, military so it won't be bullied: Tommy Koh

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder if these statements by shanmugam and tommy will lead to sanctions by indonesia? and then lead to invasion by indon...:eek:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
tonnie Cok should google the internet to find out
how many small countries don't need to spend a vast sum on defence
yet they have been existing without any problem.

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
why sillypoore have to buy and buy only US fighter jets ?

one of the main reasons crooks neber tell silly people :

total $ of military aid evil USAss had given to sillypoore , up to year 2010
$104,877,244

are u curious where it went ?
u won't be , because you are silly.

whenever USAss gives aid to a countries
it is always with the condition that the $ must be
used to buy things from USAss
or allowed USAss companies to operate in the country at favourable terms
or allowed the USAss to loot the resource of that country

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the cost of defense is so expensive might as well let the enemy invade and rape us better,13 billion a year are u serious?13 billion times 10 years equal 130 billion dollars.whats the point of wasting 130 billion dollars if we arent getting a return on investment.we should be deploying saf out there to conquer and capture more lands and resources like the isis.the isis started with practically jackshit and already they conquered cities full of wonderful US army toys and banks full of currency worth more than 500 million and oil fields that are pumping out more than 1 million dollars worth of oil everyday.

f35 another invention by america's arms industry to get countries to dump our taxpayers moneys,9 billion dollars for 65 planes,are u serious?

Last edited:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
A strong army is only effective if the foreign hostile force is on the OUTSIDE. But in Singapore's case the FRIGGING TROJAN HORSE is already deep inside teeming with so many FTs. Already kena over-run and conquered still don't know!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When we talk of defence, don't forget about the social costs to the "lesser mortals". It is 2 years of a males lifetime plus reservists until 40.
For many males many are also losing out to foreigners in the job market because of this.

I bet there is a lot of leakage in the defence spending e.g. fat salaries for our scholar generals, middlemen costs for defence contracts, junkets....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Small countries have always tried to prolong their existence by siding with a particular big country for protection and perks.

All the talk about maintaining your sovereignty through your own merits is a myth. :rolleyes:

Ld3LD4J.jpg

uub6Jhi.jpg

LECwIkA.jpg

3Djo0V3.jpg

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, Singapore still needs US protection no matter what, that's why PAP open their legs to the US navy all these years.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why sillypoore have to buy and buy only US fighter jets ?

one of the main reasons crooks neber tell silly people :

total $ of military aid evil USAss had given to sillypoore , up to year 2010
$104,877,244

are u curious where it went ?
u won't be , because you are silly.

whenever USAss gives aid to a countries
it is always with the condition that the $ must be
used to buy things from USAss
or allowed USAss companies to operate in the country at favourable terms
or allowed the USAss to loot the resource of that country

we claim to be free trade and free market country but truth is we are only allowed to buy from US and other authorized retailers.

if its truly free why cant we buy from russia,china or iran?u mean other countries dont produce technology that are effective and value for money?malaysia and indonesia are free from all restrictions,they can buy whatever suits their needs and purposes.

singapore is america's bitch truly!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe singapore should make this our national anthem to fend off the bullies.

[video=youtube;2nXGPZaTKik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik[/video]

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Small states cannot take their security for granted ... Historically, the world has always been a dangerous place for small countries," says the Ambassador-at-Large for Singapore's Foreign Affairs Ministry.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-needs-strong/2179140.html

Partly true, but i think he didn't say the next part.
Money spend is just to satisfy USA. Kind of protection money.

Why we cannot buy from Russia instead and China ?

One thing that still baffles me, if we are spending so much money on SAF or on our Nation's Defence. Wouldn't it be good to test your commander and Soldiers on the ground for real and feel how they perform in real situation ( Not some Humantarian mission)? That would be a perfect. Then you can justify your 13 Billion dollar Defence budget.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Partly true, but i think he didn't say the next part.
Money spend is just to satisfy USA. Kind of protection money.

Why we cannot buy from Russia instead and China ?

What do you think will happen if you pay protection money to a rival gang? :wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Some one like Tommy, who has never done NS, should shut the fuck up and stop talking about the military. Its like a virgin teaching a whore how to fuck.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my reservist infantry ICTs many years ago was to guard US navy ships berthed in Sembawang for 3 weeks. US navy had a small base for their ships in Sembawang and NSmen were used to protect their navy ships.

NSmen are cheap slaves for PAP, I burnt 3 weeks of my prime life doing guard duty for US navy ships.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of my reservist infantry ICTs many years ago was to guard US navy ships berthed in Sembawang for 3 weeks. US navy had a small base for their ships in Sembawang and NSmen were used to protect their navy ships.

NSmen are cheap slaves for PAP, I burnt 3 weeks of my prime life doing guard duty for US navy ships.

Guarding of strategic installations eh? :wink:

At least I believe your vocation has opened your eyes much more than those chiong suah frontline grunts who think they're tough shit and thump their chests in patriotic bravado. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are being bullied everyday by foreigners by their own government and by the daft and stupid.perhaps under the hands of our conquerors and conquistadors we would have a better fate?I sure as hell wouldnt mind being subjects of the british empire now compared to the lee regime.