• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question regarding Section 21(1) of Criminal Procedure Act

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received a letter from the police asking me to meet an IO under section 21(1). Did a check online and it means that the IO is exercising his "Power to require attendance of witness".

What does that mean? Am I being suspected of something or am I being called up as a witness?

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Far more likely as a witness. Otherwise they would have gone to your place to arrest you.

Thanks GD bro. It's an investigation into an allegation of Using as Genuine a Forged Document. The ref number is A/2010xxxx/xxxx. Having worked with the Public service previously, I assume the police report was filed in 2010? Not very efficient hor.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks GD bro. It's an investigation into an allegation of Using as Genuine a Forged Document. The ref number is A/2010xxxx/xxxx. Having worked with the Public service previously, I assume the police report was filed in 2010? Not very efficient hor.

Central Police Div. Yup 2010.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls forgive the mata once you step into the paradise of ambulance hermit life is far from nirvana

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything just say cant remember. Unlikely case will go far. IO and his supervisors sure to get buttered kau kau for sitting on IP.
Most likely original IO not around anymore.

Thanks for the advice GD.

If this is widespread in the police then I fucking despair.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything just say cant remember. Unlikely case will go far. IO and his supervisors sure to get buttered kau kau for sitting on IP.
Most likely original IO not around anymore.

So young gone. My condolences to the family.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The penal code for the alleged crime wasnt stated, just Using as Genuine a Forged Document.

Noted. Gd luck. They have a team in Central to handle white collar crimes - Commercial Crime Sq. It is the busiest div with these cases given its location and jurisdiction.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Around 1997, SAF Provost called me up to attend as a witness for a AWOL / desertion case. I thought it involved one of the reservists serving with me at the time. When I called Provost, they would not release any information. So, I called those reservists whose numbers I had but none of them had issues.

It turned out that the case was from 1985 (about 12 years before) when I was still an NSF administering a reservist unit. I was shown a document indicating that I had visited a reservist AWOLee's home, and that he wasn't in. It bore my signature. I was then asked whether I made that visit.

'Yes.'

'How come you are so sure? Do you remember?'

'No. But since my signature is there, and I have never signed to anything I did not do, I must have been there.'

The provost WO was quite upset by this time. He asked. 'Did you follow up?'

'No.'

'Why not?'

'Because I went ROD one month after that.' Silence. Then I asked. 'Have you called up MAJ H, who was my boss then? He would know a lot more.'

'No. We can't trace him.'

'Ha? I just met him last year when a mutual friend's daughter got married.' I said. 'I think he still lives at Normanton Park.'

'We.... Some records were destroyed.'

I was both amused and angry. I asked if there was a phone book in the office. There was. I turned to the page and there was MAJ H's entry; he was still living at Normantion Park.

The WO was red-faced by then, and soon let me go.

What was amazing was that the AWOLee / deserter had been 'on the run' for 12 years preceding his arrest at a police roadblock. He had, apparently, never left the country in all that time. His defence was that he never received any SAF100 of other call-up documents, and was never visited.