• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS Econs graduate selling crabs at market

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuhai_zpsnhbv2yin.jpg

Meet Fu Hai everyone, who I met this morning during my market visit. Fu Hai, 29, runs a stall selling fresh crabs at the Toa Payoh Market at Lorong 4. His stall is simple – just a few styrofoam boxes with live crabs in them. His work day is long, starting at 4am and ending at night around 8pm. He and his parents have three such stalls. Fu Hai graduated with an economics degree from NUS but decided to forge his own path. He has big dreams. He knows the network of crab suppliers from Sri Lanka, Indonesia and China. He knows what his customers want – which crabs are best for their sweet meat, and others for the roe. He thinks he can expand this business to semi-finished products working with our polytechnics. Welcome to Singapore’s Future Economy. Whatever shape that comes in, we will need young people like Fu Hai to forge new paths. The future belongs to people like him. Let's all wish Fu Hai every success as he chases his dreams.

- Ng Eng Hen

Attachments

• fuhai_zpsnhbv2yin.jpg
    fuhai_zpsnhbv2yin.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,809

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's okay he can take the fishy smells in the market!

You must love what you do! Singaporeans won't do such jobs!

They all feel they are beri high class!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy Ngerng graduated with First Class Honours from NUS but worked as patient co-ordinator @ TTSGH ... even that miserable job was denied to him as the Force has ensured he got sacked! He is not even equal to those f trash with fake degree making big money in IDA.
Did Roy do NS or not??? What did he do wrong??????????????????

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy Ngerng graduated with First Class Honours from NUS but worked as patient co-ordinator @ TTSGH ... even that miserable job was denied to him as the Force has ensured he got sacked! He is not even equal to those f trash with fake degree making big money in IDA.

If he sign on and become a PAP yes men maybe he will rise to the ranks and become senior officer now!

The price to pay for seeking the truth is high!

Can you afford it? If not continue to live in a life of lies!

fuhai_zpsnhbv2yin.jpg

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://i613 Whatever shape that comes in, we will need young people like Fu Hai to forge new paths. The future belongs to people like him. Let's all wish Fu Hai every success as he chases his dreams.

- Ng Eng Hen[/QUOTE]

How abt ministers sell backsides?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
future belongs to guys like this?i thought the future belongs to PAP and their state owned monopolies starhub,singtel,SMRT,comfort delgro,NTUC,SIA,keppel,mapletree,sembcorps and more!!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What restaurants have to do so much to earn twice of that price? How much profit is left after paying for salaries and rentals for the restaurants? And utilities bills?

If you run you own business you will find the price to be ok. Beyond food costs, there is rental and overheads. Usually it is about 3 times. Not twice

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this crab seller looks like a PAP porlumpa,if it was me i would have flung my NUS degree at NG and asked him to get lost.

instead of earning a six figure salary with my indian banking associates im now selling crabs to aunties at a wet market.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where did you read that he scored a 1st?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those sell chicken rice will get cancer, I wanna see those sell crab will get cancer or not.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
read it somewhere some time back......... you got info to the contrary???
did you know his father sells chye tow kway??

Precisely, because Roy is not 1st Class you cannot find anywhere in the Internet that says he is 1st Class. Now I'm providing the "info to the contrary".

If you're 1st Class from NUS, the employers will get you before you graduate. You will be given internship, and you employer will grab you. At the very least, you will be working as AO at PSC.

If you're 1st Class from some private Universities, it's a different story.