• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wine investors got cheated

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
While investing in unusual assets like wine has become more popular in recent years, some local investors claim they have been left high and dry. At least 12 investors, including a doctor and a retired offshore contractor, have each told The Sunday Times similar stories of cold calls, hard sells and no returns.

They invested a total of more than $500,000 with Singapore-based wine investment companies, The Bottled Wealth Holdings (TBW) and Australian Wine Index (AWI), from as early as 10 years ago. Both firms were placed on the Monetary Authority of Singapore's (MAS) Investor Alert List in August this year as complaints grew.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/wine-investors-cry-foul-over-dealings-with-2-companies

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone who invests in wine is an idiot. It's in the same league as deer and ostrich farming.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think deer farming not so bad. Thinking about doing this raising malaysian deer as a possible beef replacement. Its popular in restaurants.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why can't people stick to the tried and tested way of earning money - doing better at your full-time job, starting a business, rental, capital and dividend gains from securities. Why do they have to invest in kinky shit like land banking, wine, gold shares and mostly end up losing their shirts?

Singapore is full of morons!

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can't people stick to the tried and tested way of earning money - doing better at your full-time job, starting a business, rental, capital and dividend gains from securities. Why do they have to invest in kinky shit like land banking, wine, gold shares and mostly end up losing their shirts?

You forgot that these morons also love to invest their future with the PAP.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Investing in or with the PAP is the best, the 100% including me, "can see my money all the time", " can get my money in some time", "can get my money, maybe a bit of the time"....they should have deposited their money with CPF than to invest in WINE, or anything...INVEST IN THE PAP, is THE BEST!!:rolleyes:

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
big FARKING deal................Sinkies kena conned.................what's new ??!!................many foreigners already know Sinkies are dumb so come and con...........

even the gold bar ''investments'' managed to con Sinkies 3 times..................3 times..............how FARKING dumb can you get

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
big FARKING deal................Sinkies kena conned.................what's new ??!!................many foreigners already know Sinkies are dumb so come and con...........

even the gold bar ''investments'' managed to con Sinkies 3 times..................3 times..............how FARKING dumb can you get

heard time share people got conned 5-6 times again and again by people promising settlements deals etc. sinkies really stupid. also buying all these useless properties is another con job. last year mickey mouse units or rat holes apartments were going for $1 million + and 99 yr lease. some smaller than a car park lot. heard almost all those who bought now cannot offload and looking at 50-60% loss!!!!!!wahahahahaa
i do not pity these idiots. they are greedy , lazy, stupid and arrogant. refused to listen to others or use common sense. they asked for it. hahhaha

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't always presume that those who are conned are Singaporeans. I know of one new citizen who was cheated by time share. He told me: I bought time share because I thought Singapore's law very strict one. How could this happen in Singapore?

He lost S$30K plus incessant threatening lawyer letters asking him to pay management fees.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You forgot that these morons also love to invest their future with the PAP.

Investing one's future with PAP will very likely pay off big time. For the average plebian, their savings in CPF will earn a far better return than punting in the stock market, flipping properties, investing in wines, land banking or gold speculation.

The school teacher who resigned from MOE to stand as a PAP candidate in Aljunied has now found a new directorship job in NTUC, which appears to be a far more promising job with greater upward mobility. All civil servants who resigned to join WP or some other loser opposition party are still searching the classified ads for jobs.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heard time share people got conned 5-6 times again and again by people promising settlements deals etc. sinkies really stupid. also buying all these useless properties is another con job. last year mickey mouse units or rat holes apartments were going for $1 million + and 99 yr lease. some smaller than a car park lot. heard almost all those who bought now cannot offload and looking at 50-60% loss!!!!!!wahahahahaa
i do not pity these idiots. they are greedy , lazy, stupid and arrogant. refused to listen to others or use common sense. they asked for it. hahhaha

Pap just returned with a 70% mandate.
Your property crash is now officially a pipe dream.
Muahahahahaha

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap just returned with a 70% mandate.
Your property crash is now officially a pipe dream.
Muahahahahaha

That's why I said you are in denial and deluded just like all your posts predicting PAP would lose.
Go and see the latest indexes. STI is now bleeding and going down to less than 2700 and dropping like a dead cat. interests rates have gone up and are definitely shooting up.
China crash caught everyone (except me who predicted it) of guard. Go see my posts last year.
all the stats from China are crap and even europe and USA who relies on china as second world largest economy knows the world economy is in deep shits and heading for recession by year end.(unless you are smarter than WSJ or Dow jones analysts).
The housing index have been dropping non stop for past few years. even REDAS are begging non stop for garmen to remove at least some of the measures.
30,000 more units are coming online this year.
Go to auctions and alot of these shoe box units are on lelong and no takers.hahahahhahahh what you say? put your money where your mouth or ass is. go ahead and buy up these units if you are so sure prices would go up and stop talking crap here. talk is cheap. worse is talk without substance or logic.

Everybody know Singapore is already in a recession!!!! newspaper only dare to say technical recession. The stores are empty and companies are pulling out fast. all banks are retrenching. Go and speak to your banker(if you have any).
you dumbwit cannot read is it? what does PAP 70% mandate says? it's is because everybody knows recession and bad times are here that's why they kiasi and vote papa despite all teh hot air. why do you think garmen suddenly call elections. every idiot knows that people always vote for stability in times of recession and economic crises. you must be daft(like what LKY said)
I am sure you are one of those selfish coward dumbfucks who cow beh cow bu about garmen but vote PAP as you afraid your shares and property is soon becoming worthless if oppo wins just a few seats.
Go to the property forums and you hear alot of dumbfucks like you complaining about the few hundred points increase in mortagge rates they have to service now. SIBOR and LIBOR is going up andwould shoot up when feds increase rates in Nov.
HAHHAHHAHHH. I am really enjoying the show. the show of you suffering. wahahahahha

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I understand those shoebox unit is around 500sqft to 600sqft. If bought for a cool million, means it's 2000/sqft.

Not sure about the 50-60% loss, but definitely bigger than a carpark lot, unless referring to those 20ft or 40ft trailer.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand those shoebox unit is around 500sqft to 600sqft. If bought for a cool million, means it's 2000/sqft.

Not sure about the 50-60% loss, but definitely bigger than a carpark lot, unless referring to those 20ft or 40ft trailer.

In his excitement to rebutt me the nigger invents numbers pulled from his arsehole.
He claimed only he predicted China's crash.....he watching the show.....what show? Sg property prices got crash bo? Hehe

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
During 2005/2006 I used to encounter a whole bunch of wannabe's from the landbanking and from "independent financial advisory" firms who were touting wine (as well as gold, artwork, and health supplements).

Usually these were the types who had nothing better to do after their MLM fraud schemes had collapsed. I know of one guy who spent 10 years doing MLM and the result of 10 years of hard work was a broken family and 2 kids who hated their father to hell.

These blokes would go up to clients with polished sales scripts, superb vocabulary and grandiose promises of nearly risk-free returns in the mid to high teens. There's an old saying that if something is too good to be true it surely is. Still many of these clients fell for the honey traps.

Land banking was the first to implode after a series of scandals called into question the viability of remaining projects and led clients to withdraw their investments in panic - a bank run, if you will, only this time, a bank run on land entitlement rather than on an actual bank.

Gold lease and buyback schemes collapsed in 2012/2013 when gold corrected and never recovered. Investors also bought silver at $40 to $50 an ounce (US dollars) and were left holding the bag. The current silver price is $15 an ounce. At this price, many silver companies will go under without venture capital funds because their cost of production is around $25 per ounce.

Wine is the latest of a series of financial scams designed for the naive and the foolish. Its amazing how people will fall for a story just because it is nicely packaged and give gloss and lipstick and made to look like the best thing since sliced bread. Dutch tulips in the 16th century once fetched a price equivalent to that of a nobleman's residence. History never fails to repeat itself and if there's one constant in the universe it is human stupidity.