• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition parties to blame for PAP surreal GE 2015 Victory ! 100% Must read !

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below are opinions and suggestions from coffeeshop talks ---

These are their stories.

Generally speaking, majority local sinkaporeans are brainwashed to think only PAP can run Sinkapore.
Of course , needless to say, naturalized sinkaporeans who seek refuge in Sinkapore surely will support PAP unless they have been living in Sinkapore for long. Most of them are from third world countries and have a third world mentality. They only vote for their own benefits.
We can safely say that these people are alike, they have a very low EQ. They are too dependent on PAP and afraid to fall short, afraid to face failures, and most of all, frozen in fear after a crash in personal lives. These people cannot understand that any failure is never final, indeed failure is a great teacher.

Perhaps , these people might even spend remaining lives waiting for a “Markowitz moment”. May be some day, when a corrective disaster surfaces, they may wake up too late.

Based on this premise, GE 2015 with all wards contested would push the Markowitz button or we call the panic button. These pliable voters while wearing weed for LKY, ripe for a massive propaganda, crossed for PAP to avert their fear !
If the game was played differently, let say , only 50% of the wards were contested , these low-EQ voters would think PAP already won and many of them would not mind giving votes to oppo parties for a voice in parliament . They want to have a different voice but they fear PAP becomes oppo party. This is a very paranoid lot of people, in other words, sinkapore is a very sick nation with very sick people holding the government !

Many people also blame Workers Party MPs not speaking up relevant issues in parliament. GE 2015 aftermath, we think WP should be more conservative about rising living costs and focus more on its wards they have won. Why should WP speak up raucously for sinkaporeans because it does not make sense anymore right ? Perhaps, just some simple friendly suggestions and opinions to make life better to win confidence.

So, next GE, think about it, you Oppo parties are not against the PAP. If you people study the mental characteristics of the voters and the environment , you are actually contesting the voters psychologically.

Perhaps, WP should be let alone to contest 20 to 25 wards and may be SDP should organise other oppo parties , select the best people to contest another 20 wards under one umbrella. In this case, the paranoid voters are very sure that PAP already in power and they are more open to vote in more oppo MPs.

We cannot topple PAP in just one day, the voters will not let you do so.

Patience and strategy are the right combination. Understanding the mentality of the voters is already half battle won.
So play smart, too many “ Kuchin- kurak” Oppo parties only will see PAP in power for a long time even brutal bondage and slavery persist in sinkapore.

We hope you like the read from the ground.

Our opinions--
We believe that winning seats in parliament need to win the mind of the voters first !
Too many oppo parties have yourselves to blame for PAP surreal victory, in fact, your messy ubiquitous presence at GE2015 only bring misery and sufferings to the more savvy , high EQ and informed voters.

Think about it, if you oppo parties continue to think there is still hope to win votes in your mussy way , you are very wrong, and true blue sinkaporean-sinkapore will sink under the PAP regime.

Oppo parties are to be blamed for a nation defeated !

God bless you. God help sinkapore

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This article have just summed it up,,its the people that are to blame,,,blame oppos for contesting elections? if they don't contest PAP win by walk overs,,and singkies complain...Oppos contest singkies vote against them, if singkies are not willing to have another alternative to PAP,,they have only themselves to blame,,,

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look back to 1991 and study how Mr Chiam used the by-election strategy effectively by contesting 40/81 seats and let PAP formed a garment on Nomination Day rather than contesting 82/87 then 89/89. This strategy need the co-operation of all opposition parties.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this tactic is used,,,than singkies will kpkb they have walkovers,,,anyway singkies kpkb about everything and do the things that bring about the complaints in the 1st place like PAP being in power,,

Singkies are just gluttons for punishment.

Use by election effect:

KPKB there are walkovers and cannot vote.

Oppos have low quality candidates:

WP etc have better quality candidates than the PAP and still got trounced,,why? people afraid pap lose? WP will do worse than pap? is there even a logic to it?

and the list goes on...but the bottom line is singkies deserve the gahmen they vote for

Look back to 1991 and study how Mr Chiam used the by-election strategy effectively by contesting 40/81 seats and let PAP formed a garment on Nomination Day rather than contesting 82/87 then 89/89. This strategy need the co-operation of all opposition parties.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this tactic is used,,,than singkies will kpkb they have walkovers,,,anyway singkies kpkb about everything and do the things that bring about the complaints in the 1st place like PAP being in power,,

Singkies are just gluttons for punishment.

Use by election effect:

KPKB there are walkovers and cannot vote.

Oppos have low quality candidates:

WP etc have better quality candidates than the PAP and still got trounced,,why? people afraid pap lose? WP will do worse than pap? is there even a logic to it?

and the list goes on...but the bottom line is singkies deserve the gahmen they vote for

Never mind about the walkovers. The main objectives is to save money and provide quality candidate. For example, to contest less than 44/89 seats that will save huge resources and Oppositions can forget contesting those wards scoring less than 30% of valid votes in GE2015.

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good piece.

The chief problem lies with the voters, you call low EQ voters. In fact, most Taiwan and Hongkong people do also believe that sinkaporean voters are not intelligent voters. They are cheapskate peasants, waiting for a few hundred dollars to vote out moral and conscience.

If Oppo parties reading this not heeding this advice, GE 2020 would be another laughing stock for Oppo. LHL is not going up the lorry so soon, so this hope is gone.

Mental characteristics of the voters play a big role. Your ground analysis is practical. Surprisingly, Dr Chee did not learn about this in advance.

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said.

yes, let WP contest where they are next GE.

Someone in other oppo parties must organize the messy group to contest another 20 seats. So PAP would be still in power. This is the best psychological battle.

Most daft voters pray to PAP, contesting all wards only destroy life quality.

This someone must act now and not regret the next attempt.

It is true that too many oppo parties contesting all wards only brings sufferings and hardship and more lies.

It is also true Patience is needed to topple PAP.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there were quality candidates,,and there was even a comment that with the quality candidates of the oppos,,,they look like the pap,,,and that was a negative,,,when oppo had clowns, the singkies complain,,and when oppos have quality candidates,,also singkies complain say look like pap,,so the problem is singkies,,and even if the oppos do not contest all the seats,,,they still wont win,,so take this bullshit theory and consign it to the bin. the 3rd rate oppos will never win,,they are there to tie the pap resources down so the other mps cant go around helping the other pappies in contested seats,,,look at cheng san grc,,kFC, wooden and pinky all went there to contest to help lee yock suan,,,so do oppos want to such an advantage given to pap again???

Never mind about the walkovers. The main objectives is to save money and provide quality candidate. For example, to contest less than 44/89 seats that will save huge resources and Oppositions can forget contesting those wards scoring less than 30% of valid votes in GE2015.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
there were quality candidates,,and there was even a comment that with the quality candidates of the oppos,,,they look like the pap,,,and that was a negative,,,when oppo had clowns, the singkies complain,,and when oppos have quality candidates,,also singkies complain say look like pap,,so the problem is singkies,,and even if the oppos do not contest all the seats,,,they still wont win,,so take this bullshit theory and consign it to the bin. the 3rd rate oppos will never win,,they are there to tie the pap resources down so the other mps cant go around helping the other pappies in contested seats,,,look at cheng san grc,,kFC, wooden and pinky all went there to contest to help lee yock suan,,,so do oppos want to such an advantage given to pap again???

It is pointless to contest all the seats because sinkies fear a freak results may change the garment. I do believe that if a by-election strategy use the chances are WP likely to win SMC wards beating the PAP marginally. If the fact that 3rd rate oppos do not win then why these people wasting money & efforts to get say 27% of the valid votes and get mocked by sinkies.

Be wise, do not contest for the sake of contesting. 3rd rate oppos should give sinkies the walkover they wanted so that sinkie will not has a chance to vote and for long give them a feeling like living in a country like PRC.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If singkies wont even vote for WP. Than 3rd rate oppos contest or not also no point. So a BE policy is not going to help at all. Its the singkies n Aljunied will lose in the next GE. N I hope there will b no oppos in parleement. Than singkies will be screwed even more n they deserve every ounce of shit the pap dishes out to them.

It is pointless to contest all the seats because sinkies fear a freak results may change the garment. I do believe that if a by-election strategy use the chances are WP likely to win SMC wards beating the PAP marginally. If the fact that 3rd rate oppos do not win then why these people wasting money & efforts to get say 27% of the valid votes and get mocked by sinkies.

Be wise, do not contest for the sake of contesting. 3rd rate oppos should give sinkies the walkover they wanted so that sinkie will not has a chance to vote and for long give them a feeling like living in a country like PRC.

soh1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part 1 of 4

I voted for the opposition in the 2006 and 2011 elections.

I voted for the PAP in the 2015 election. Hence, I am one of those low EQ Sinkies that made up of 70% of Singapore.

Before the election, the general sentiments among my relatives and friends was that the PAP will win by a marginal 50 to 55% and maybe lose another 2 GRCs and a couple of SMCs. We organised a bet and true enough, most of my friends and relatives placed their bets on PAP winning by 50 to 55%. On the contrary, I bet in excess of 65%.

Why did I bet 65% and why did I shift my votes from the opposition to PAP? Please bear with my explanations and you can start scolding me later.

1. The netizens who supports the opposition portrayed the impression that there is a chance of PAP losing. What scares me so much is the level of animosity shown by netizens to their fellow Singaporeans who so much as showed a minute trace of supporting the PAP. Logical debates often turns into name calling and a whole bunch of netizens ganging up on their fellow Singaporeans. This created the impression that if the opposition represents these sort of people, what will the focus of government be on? Name-callings and accusations all the time?

2. Websites such as ASS, MBS and SBF often publish articles that link the most minute deficiencies to the bad governance of the PAP. Ridiculous stuff like bad driving, bad neighbours can also be linked to the faults of the PAP. This created a sense of doubts on the logical reasoning skills of those people who wrote the articles.

soh1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part 2 of 4

3. Kudos to the opposition candidates for their dedication towards providing Singaporeans with an alternative voice. What I often wonder is if the level of commitments that the opposition candidates have towards their manifesto if they constantly change parties? The WP had done a wonderful job in recruiting candidates of calibre but regrettably, the atmosphere of fear that the netizens and websites that promotes alternate viewpoints had resulted in otherwise potential voters for the opposition to shift towards the PAP.

4. In 1998 when I was still a post-graduate student in Australia, I discussed Singapore politics with one of my course mates. In typical Singaporean style, he said as long as I had a shelter above me and food on my table, why shake the status quo? The 70% of Sinkies are not the dumb people that netizens like to portray them to be, they are just pragmatic and when there is a possibility that status quo will be shaken, their thinking will be "better the devil you know than the devil you don't".

5. I had wished that the opposition can rally together and fight for a couple more GRCs and 4 to 5 SMCs where the grounds are ripe for change. Regrettably they didn't and hence I had to go with the "better the devil you know than the devil you don't". Most netizens here will then criticise me for being stupid and say I will most probably be a civil servant who fears for my job and do not feel comfortable with management changes. To these people, you are the main reason why 70% of Sinkies vote for the PAP in this election. It is the same in the private sector as in the public sector, when the management changes, there are bound to be "bloodshed" (personnel changes) and uncertainties in which policy to follow. This will undoubtedly create a prolonged period of uncertainties and constant debates about established policies for the most trivial of reasons.

soh1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part 3 of 4

6. One of the articles in SBF state that we Sinkies should be ashamed of ourselves for not reading the SDP's policy papers. I downloaded all of them as well as the manifesto of the WP. They are extremely well written and really looked after the welfare of Singaporeans. However, being a business man, I am used to focusing on budgets and how spendings are going to be funded. Regrettably, I somehow don't see how the proposed policies can result in a balanced budget without the need to raise taxes in one way or another.

7. Of course, one will then turn their attention to the defense budget. I served my time both in NS and in reservist and had RODed. On the one hand, we are asking for better treatment of NSF and Regulars, on the other, we are lamenting about the defense budget. On the one hand we are not producing enough babies to maintain the ORBAT, on the other, we are complaining about using technology as force multipliers. These are the sort of complaints that prevails among the netizens. If I take a stone and throw on the street, I will hit someone who is able to come out with complaints. However, what matters more? Coming out with complaints or solutions? So far I am not convinced on the solutions proposed by the SDP or WP as mentioned in point 6.

8. The 70% of Sinkies are your fellow Singaporeans. People who had studied with you, people who dug fire trench with you, people who are working with you, people who KPKB about the demise of proper hawker food with you. Why is there such animosity against your fellow Singaporeans? Why label Singapore as Sillypore? Why not gather the collective intelligence and resources of all the opposition supporters and come out with solid alternate viewpoints?

soh1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part 4 of 4

Lastly, otherwise I'll go on and on, I reside in Ang Mo Kio and had been a resident for over 40 years. Somehow I cannot bring myself to vote for people like Roy and Ravi. Their actions had not done them any good and hence regrettably, I had to vote for the PAP.

Now, please go ahead and start throwing insults at me. After all, its just type-written words and they don't affect me.

Have a great week ahead.

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
a by-election strategy is good.

low EQ voters have their daft and irrelevant reasons anyway.
they will never understand.
yes we are what we are, but did these dumb fucks give people a chance to serve like we were given a chance to serve the NS for nothing ?

So next GE Oppo parties must really study the mind of the voters.

a nation of sheeps beget a govt of wolves !

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people labelled them as 3rd rate Oppos and still want them to go contest on knowing that the voters will reject them with less than 29% of the valid votes.

Some people said sinkies won't vote for WP but the fact is light blue still held 6 seats in the Parliament. The one that hoping WP to lose Aljunied is someone really evil.

I support the by-election strategy because it is a strategy that really suit the Singaporeans.

soh1973

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always found it entertaining to read some of the arguments online.

Very often, once there is any lack of credible argument, some netizens will so predictably depend on their tried and tested methods of names calling such as "Low EQ Sinkies" without looking back at themselves. This really reminds me of the arguments we had as primary school kids where once we lose a fight, we'll resort to hurtful name calling.

Singapore is a small country with a limited population. Do we really have the capacity to support 8 opposition political parties especially when their manifesto are roughly similar?

The WP has been doing all the right stuff and if the other political parties will put aside their petty differences and pool together their resources to compete for a limited number of GRCs, imagine how election 2015 would have turned out? Imagine if the netizens had rallied together and debated logically and amicably online instead of relying on name callings, how productive each elections would have turned out to be?

I read what Inderjit Singh spoke to 93.8FM recently. Perhaps what is needed in the Singapore political scene is for a stronger WP instead of a fragmented opposition.

Have a great week ahead and may all nice things come your way this week.