• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wah! One Third of our Tertiary Student Population are FTs!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeranking.png

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means one-third of Sinkies may have gone to India to receive their tertiary education.

Or it could mean that one-third of Sinkies lost out to FTs because the former aren't clever enough.

Whatever the reasons may be, I'd prefer that two-thirds of our tertiary student population are foreign. Why? 70% of Sinkies are daft.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are spending $2 billion a year (20 percent of MINDEF's budget) to educate foreigners, including the $1 million scholarships given out by A*Star? That's 20 percent of MINDEF's budget!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 70% DAFTS fully support having a large proportion of FT tertiary students (some even on SG govt scholarship) while their own children cannot get in and may have to pay sky high prices going to overseas on parent's sponsorship!

The same 70% DAFTS also support the policy of educational interuption for their male children to Chiong up the likes of PENG KANG hill, risking their lives trainng for 2 years and decades of work disruptions for NS ICTs etc defending and protecting foreigners free loading on the benefits of security.

Pity the 30% Singaporeans who have to suffer these DISADVANTAGES becoming worse than 2nd class citizens in the country of their birth and becoming marginalised.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other developed countries make money from foreign students. We lose lots of money from having foreign students. Sinkapore Inc. is well run by the PAP; it is giving lots of our money away.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other developed countries make money from foreign students. We lose lots of money from having foreign students. Sinkapore Inc. is well run by the PAP; it is giving lots of our money away.

You have the 70% DAFTS to thank for, they seem to think that the PAP is doing an OUTSTANDING job. Let their children and grand children suffer greatly enough to abandon them to old folks homes while they emigrate overseas then these old folks can depend on their "trusted" PAP MPs who will look after them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The number is much higher then this, when you add in PR that have not converted to citizens yet. Also, many new citizens became singaporeans in the last 8 years, over 300,000 of them. You can bet many of their children are in NUS, and NTU despite being only citizens for a couple of years. As well, PRs are not considered international students. The percentage should be over 40%. The relevant question is how many of these international students can even pass A level GP?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
almost all 33% study free & given stipend too!!!!!!!!!!
wat fucking govt is this?? our marginal students go DownUnder & pay thru their noses.. come back w degrees but no jobs. who are the muttafarkers who voted for PAP?????????????????

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Western nations subsidize uni education for citizens, some even completely free for bachelor's degree. You don't hear of Brits or Aussies having to mortgage their houses to send their children abroad. There are ample universities for locals as well as foreigners. Universities in these countries make big bucks from foreign students who pay full tuition, bringing in foreign reserves and tourist dollars.

Here we give full scholarships to PRC and Indian nationals using taxpayers' money, depriving our students of 1/3 of precious slots in only 4 universities serving 5.5 mil people. Our people have scrape together life savings or take huge loans to send our kids abroad for a uni education because they have to compete with foreigners for limited places.

And this govt dare claim they're looking after Singaporeans' interests?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another reminder why you need a strong opposition in Parliament and a term limit on the President/Prime Minister's and Ministers office i.e is a legal restriction that limits the number of terms an officeholder may serve in a particular elected office.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Western nations subsidize uni education for citizens, some even completely free for bachelor's degree. You don't hear of Brits or Aussies having to mortgage their houses to send their children abroad. There are ample universities for locals as well as foreigners. Universities in these countries make big bucks from foreign students who pay full tuition, bringing in foreign reserves and tourist dollars.

Here we give full scholarships to PRC and Indian nationals using taxpayers' money, depriving our students of 1/3 of precious slots in only 4 universities serving 5.5 mil people. Our people have scrape together life savings or take huge loans to send our kids abroad for a uni education because they have to compete with foreigners for limited places.

And this govt dare claim they're looking after Singaporeans' interests?

Word, Bro.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here we give full scholarships to PRC and Indian nationals using taxpayers' money, depriving our students of 1/3 of precious slots in only 4 universities serving 5.5 mil people.
I prefer to be honest and brutal in telling you this:

1/3 of precious slots should never ever be alloted to people--even if they are Sinkies born and raised here--who we know will be unable to complete their first degrees. I should know because I never applied to study for a first degree knowing that I couldn't even obtain a full GCE Advanced Level certificate on my own effort. My highest qualification to date is a GCE O-level certificate. (It's a different story if I were the son of Old Fart. I'd be awarded President Scholarship even if I were a moron.)

Hence I totally agree that 1/3 of precious slots should be awarded to deserving people, whatever their citizenship status.

If I were LHL and had been given a clear mandate to rule over Sinkies, I would change the quota to 50:50 - half of all university places to be reserved for deserving foreigners.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If our local universities followed Malaysia' 'bumiputra model' and admitted dullards and retards simply because of their race or nationality, our universities today would be on par with those in Mudland instead of the world class universities that they are now.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If our local universities followed Malaysia' 'bumiputra model' and admitted dullards and retards simply because of their race or nationality, our universities today would be on par with those in Mudland instead of the world class universities that they are now.

But studies have shown that pacific isladegr degrees rank higher than world class degrees in the job market

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have chance to ask any foreigners who send their children to MOE's primary and secondary schools, you be shock to know there are thousand of their children seeking entrance to SG mainstream schools.

Not sure if there are, if any, in other countries, that foreigners can be admitted to local schools.

Hence not surprising a large proportion of these students progress to higher tertiary education here, before disappearing to avoid NS!

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But studies have shown that pacific isladegr degrees rank higher than world class degrees in the job market

Your spelling is atrocious! This only reinforce my belief that only our university should admit only students who make it on their own merit, and not because of their race, religion or nationality.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah, many NUS and NTU 'rejects' actually get admitted to the Ivy League and top tier unis in the UK, Australia, and Canada. You tell me they don't deserve to get into our local unis?