• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor Sultan says it again: Emulate Singapore and bring back English in schools

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Johor Sultan says it again: Emulate Singapore and bring back English in schools

Sultan_Ibrahim_Sultan_Iskandar_Raja_Zarith_Sofiah_Sultan_Idris_Shah_2303_620_459_100.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR, June 12 — The Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar has again urged for Malaysia to revive English-medium schools much like those in Singapore, pointing out that because of the policy, the island state has done well for itself.

In an interview with The Star, Sultan Ibrahim said Malaysia can learn from the way Singapore has forged national unity via its education system, which he said has not only helped develop the nation but also brought its people together regardless of race and religion.

“Singapore is our closest neighbour. We don’t have to go very far; we should emulate them as the island republic has achieved development way ahead of us.

“Let’s be honest with ourselves. Singapore has done well as a country. Their students have fared very well in Mathematics and Science. The prominent use of English has set them ahead of us,” he said.

The outspoken state ruler said there are politicians here who are in “self-denial” and choose to play politics with education by being “heroes of their races”.

“They talk about nationalism but they too send their children to boarding schools in Australia and the United Kingdom,” he added.

“I am confident if we have an education system based on a single stream for students from a young age, we will be able to create a community which is more harmonious and can work together to face challenges in the future.

“Anyway, we can also teach Bahasa Malaysia in schools as it is the country’s national language. You can still have English as the medium of instruction, but BM and Chinese or Tamil are compulsory,” he suggested.

He pointed out that English was used as the medium instruction in schools in the 1950s and 1960s and a pass in BM and Math was compulsory then.

During his address at the Johor assembly last month, the state ruler had made the same remark on English-medium schools, saying that a single-stream education system would foster racial integration and produce a more united and harmonious society.

The medium of instruction has been Malay since the 1970s but in 2003, the Policy of Teaching Science and Mathematics in English was introduced, only to be discontinued seven years later.

English-language lobbyist such as the Parents Action Group for Education continue to push for the return of — or at least the option for parents to choose — the discontinued policy that they contend was needed to improve the mastery of English as well as technical subjects.

The Education Ministry recently made it mandatory for students sitting for the SPM to pass the English language examination beginning 2016.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ing-back-english-in-scho#sthash.EUhZYPGg.dpuf

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes let us restore the great Johore Sultanate. Do away with this messy democrazy thing.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder what anal-fucked jiu hoo kia with a loose arse tonychat would say ?
Malaysia tak boleh :p

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only way for Malaysia to catch up with Singapore is to ditch away Islam. That is the root of all laziness boh chap attitude.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We must thank this sultan, initially putrajaya might have consider it.. but now they wont, just to spite him..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LHL should become a Sultan. That will solve all of Singapore's problems.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im pretty sure learning english isnt going to help these monkeys do anything,the only reason singapore is successful is we are chinese dominated in the first place.

the prosperity of a nation can be linked to the m&d to chink ratio.in indonesia,the percentage of chink population is 9 percent,thats why its gdp per capita is absolutely garbage,in malaysia m&d to chink ratio is about 30 percent,their gdp per cap is somewhat resembling a 2nd world country.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the prosperity of a nation can be linked to the m&d to chink ratio.in indonesia,the percentage of chink population is 9 percent,thats why its gdp per capita is absolutely garbage,in malaysia m&d to chink ratio is about 30 percent,their gdp per cap is somewhat resembling a 2nd world country.

The Nordic nations have very few chinks. That's why they are first world countries.

Ang Mohs are the best!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im pretty sure learning english isnt going to help these monkeys do anything,the only reason singapore is successful is we are chinese dominated in the first place.

Wow what made you want to speak the truth now? Tired of being a chinese dog?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melayu as medium of instruction was masterminded by the ultras incl Mahababi to disadvantage the non malays esp the Chinese............ we are seeing now how the racist policy backfired!
Even the sultan's son was ferried daily to sg to be educated in english medium school here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

monkey see, monkey do......... they will absorb the form but NOT the spirit as easy corruption money will still drag down the nation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so the sultan is only half right

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Once again fucktard E69 post Malaysia news again.. He seems to be the only one who keep posting Malaysia news... Only Malaysian will be interested in Malaysia current affairs.

And that low iq fucktard still try to hide his identity by accusing tonychat as Malaysian..

If you feel so inferior being a Malaysian just say so lah, why vent your inferiority towards others.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Once again fucktard E69 post Malaysia news again.. He seems to be the only one who keep posting Malaysia news... Only Malaysian will be interested in Malaysia current affairs.

And that low iq fucktard still try to hide his identity by accusing tonychat as Malaysian..

If you feel so inferior being a Malaysian just say so lah, why vent your inferiority towards others.

Dun fucking read my threads since it hurts you that we talk about your UMNO bosses.

UMNO fuck your mother chee bye.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's a myth that you need an English-medium education to succeed.

The top performing students in the annual PISA survey come from Shanghai, Korea, HK, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and Finland. All of them except Singapore do not use English as the primary medium of instruction in their schools.

On the other hand, the Anglo-Saxon countries are middling on the list, coming behind even Easter European countries.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now I can fully comprehend why that bastard Tonychat, a filial UMNO dog, can't even spell "Diary" from "Dairy".

Scapegoat as scrapegoat.

Best is he spell chee bye as chee buy.

UMNO fuck his mother chee bye (or chee buy, whatever!).

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun fucking read my threads since it hurts you that we talk about your UMNO bosses.

UMNO fuck your mother chee bye.

It is not about me reading your Malaysia news post..

The problem is you are trying to hide your Malaysian identity by accusing others of being a Malaysian,

You wanna hide your Malaysian identity then you go and do it.. but when you try to accuse another forummer to be a Malaysian so you look like a singaporean, then that is a total sinkie fucktard behaviour.

This is just sad for the low life human being, no wonder sinkies are totally screwed by their govt.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not about me reading your Malaysia news post..

The problem is you are trying to hide your Malaysian identity by accusing others of being a Malaysian,

You wanna hide your Malaysian identity then you go and do it.. but when you try to accuse another forummer to be a Malaysian so you look like a singaporean, then that is a total sinkie fucktard behaviour.

This is just sad for the low life human being, no wonder sinkies are totally screwed by their govt.

Dun be hurt lah, jiu hu kia. I will continue to post about your beloved nation and UMNO bosses.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun be hurt lah, jiu hu kia. I will continue to post about your beloved nation and UMNO bosses.

i hope you dun be upset when i expose you lah... i voted in the election leh.. and you got no cards to accuse me so you need to create more malaysia post to justified your stupidity leh..