• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST Kinetics to make weapons overseas, more lay offs coming.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these people are so talented, they should have been left untouched by the PAP and instead allowed to go into the private industry to run MNCs, banks, and start their own corporations to benefit the economy and the country. Instead, they are being put in positions to fail. Case in point is Desmond Kuek being put in place to run SMRT. He has no business doing that job. SAme for Admiral Lewd Fuck You, putting into the transport minister portfolio.

What is happening is that the PAP is transforming singapore into a military junta with the SAF scholar scheme. In fact, this is a PAP recruitment ground. Instead of developing its own grass root leaders, and party members from within to take over as MPs and Ministers, the PAP is simply using taxpayer money to develop and pay their next generation leaders and parachuting them into political office. Non of these fucks are interested in becoming PAP poiliticians until the PAP offers to pay for their full scholarship to an overseas unis, then give them a cushy SAF job with guaranteed promotions to General, followed by the golden parachute into politics. I give u, you don't want?

the sad thing abt this is these scums get two bites at the cherry............ one bigger than the other

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patrick Choy not the sharpest tool in the shed, probably inhaled too much 75mm gun fumes. Since we don't make steel here, we might as well close down all our shipyards, and oil rig building companies. How about our petrochemical plants, we should close them too since we dun pump oil.

too much inhalation........explains brain damage I am seeing

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never in my life will i ever work in a GLC

dun say that leh............. it is heaven on earth: get fat pay & bonuses, nor responsibiities ifyou know the art of tolak & siam aka taiji; insult 1st Pres by mis-splling his name & just said II will take full resp (& nothing happened..).............. daily put in 1 hour real work w rest long lunch, play golf; go for sauna massage & unproductive mtgs......................I want this kind of job to help sg economy grow w or without skill future!! Look at thr cabinet: it used to be 9 ministers & now it is 20!! If you incl all office holders it is 50% of the 89 MPs!!& the Chief Aristoccrat got the gall to preach productivity........... he shud go to Changi Biz to see the Ah Neh be brought in lazing ard & doing shopping for home that doing work they are paid to do!!!!!!!!!!!!
The gross decay of sg has started in 2011 by you know who!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
indon armed forces launched their 30-ton aav-p7 off a pier and it floated and took off....

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/watch-this-amphibious-assault-vehicle-leap-off-a-pier-i-1734580296

image.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
At least he wasn't a scholar paper general.....
How old is he? Must be in his 70s.....still refuse to retire?

He was among the last batch of farmer generals. after him, all were scholars. he knows nuts about working in a company.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was among the last batch of farmer generals. after him, all were scholars. he knows nuts about working in a company.

Off topic: was the upgraded recond Leopard a good buy?
I suspect it was intro to SAF by Deisenroth thru someone in ST K.......... both made a big bundle!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why nobody go to Oz to sell Bionix cheap cheap now that they got 1.6 billion to blow!!
can make there too to create 600 jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where is that farmer general?????????????

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Were there any non scholar generals to begin with?
I can only count 3.....Winston Choo, Ng Jui Ping and Patrick Choy....Patrick stands out with the least paper qualifications.....only O levels. At least they got winston Choo to go for some degree later years to boost his CV

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were there any non scholar generals to begin with?
I can only count 3.....Winston Choo, Ng Jui Ping and Patrick Choy....Patrick stands out with the least paper qualifications.....only O levels. At least they got winston Choo to go for some degree later years to boost his CV

Winston Choo got a Masters from Duke U in military history......... it was rumoured that his men wrote his dissertation............... this guy got a golf drive like he is gonna to fart before driver hits golfball

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Off topic: was the upgraded recond Leopard a good buy?
I suspect it was intro to SAF by Deisenroth thru someone in ST K.......... both made a big bundle!!

In my opinion, the question would have been do we need a 70 tonne tank? What is the threat scenario that requires such a heavy tank? If you say the threat scenario is PT-91s, then the question is could the Centurion meet this threat? If the conclusion is that the Centurion is now too old or not worth upgrading and the 105mm gun is not effective against the PT-91, then the answer is you have to get a more modern MBT.

So, the question is whether the Leo 2 is the right buy (or good buy). Its not the right buy because the right buy would have been the French Leclerc. It has a 3 man crew, same as the AMX-13, is a modern tank with a 120mm gun, and for the manpower short SAF, a three man crew tank is what is needed. The Leo 2 was the much cheaper buy because the Germans had a surplus of them and were practically giving them away at friendship prices. If the SAF had stopped there, then you could make a case for it being a good buy mostly due to the low acquisition cost vis a vis the quality you are getting. This base tank alone the Leo 2 A4 was good enough to defeat the PT-91. But for some stupid reason, they decided to spend a lot of money to modify the shit out it, using Disenroth's AMAP, and other new technocentric warfare gadget. It has been moded into an A5/A6 version. I can safely say that what they paid to the Germans for the original tank might have cost less then all the modifications they put into it in singapore. Until they reveal the cost, no one can say. But consider that the mods were made to only about 90 odd tanks. I can safely say that if they ask Krauss Maffei (the tank maker) to do the mods for them, it would have been a lot cheaper. KM has a production line set up to bring the German army's tanks to the newer standard and adding the Singapore batch of tanks to it would not have been that much more expensive.

But I guess someone at ST wants to give Diesenroth the business, hence they did not ask KM to do the upgrades. Its interesting that Indonesia ordered a batch of 103 Leo 2 A4s after our order, but asked Rheinmetall to do the upgrades for them in Germany. They were upgraded to the Revolution standard by among other things using Diesenroth's AMAP modular armour. Diesenroth and Rheinmetall have JV company that markets AMAP. I wonder why we did not do it this way, I am guessing it would have been a lot cheaper and more transparent. Any overseas business awarded to a publicly traded company like Rheinmetall will be reported in the business press. Its therefore convenient for SAF to hide the contract amount by having the work done in Singapore. More chances for kickbacks and corruption in the pricing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Winston Choo got a Masters from Duke U in military history......... it was rumoured that his men wrote his dissertation............... this guy got a golf drive like he is gonna to fart before driver hits golfball

I think he got it while he was military attache to DC

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why nobody go to Oz to sell Bionix cheap cheap now that they got 1.6 billion to blow!!
can make there too to create 600 jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where is that farmer general?????????????

Australia not stupid enough to buy that crap. They know the vehicle well, having seen it in used in Australia during Matilda.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE KM has a production line set up to bring the German army's tanks to the newer standard and adding the Singapore batch of tanks to it would not have been that much more expensive.

But I guess someone at ST wants to give Diesenroth the business, hence they did not ask KM to do the upgrades. Its interesting that Indonesia ordered a batch of 103 Leo 2 A4s after our order, but asked Rheinmetall to do the upgrades for them in Germany. They were upgraded to the Revolution standard by among other things using Diesenroth's AMAP modular armour. Diesenroth and Rheinmetall have JV company that markets AMAP. I wonder why we did not do it this way, I am guessing it would have been a lot cheaper and more transparent. Any overseas business awarded to a publicly traded company like Rheinmetall will be reported in the business press. Its therefore convenient for SAF to hide the contract amount by having the work done in Singapore. More chances for kickbacks and corruption in the pricing.[/QUOTE]

Good analysis......... It is quite obvious someone in STK got a big stake there!

Dr Richard Kwok was Mgr (Amour) got promoted to VP (Amour) & Sr VP/EVP ((Design & Dev) then CTO ... allw ithin short time span. He was thecorporate liaison bloke to Deisenroth who did all the groundwork in armouring Bionix, Bronco & Terrex ,,,AND instrumental to inciting STK making IBD ie Ing Buero Deisenroth as Strategic Partner. He got his fingers in resale of Leo 2 & Kwok helped him set up a company in sg........... put 2 & 2 together to get answer of 4!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Back when he was only a major (but a rising star) he used to chiong frequently at the old malaysia hotel. Always with at least two chiobus in tow. This man didn't live his life in vain