• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Depressing to see-Real USAF Gen. meets Fake RSAF scholar Gen.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For the sake of the Singaporean children, I am concerned that they have chosen to appoint the former Chief of Defence Force and the individual to be Acting Ministers.

Singaporeans had a choice in the General Elections, and they have made that decision.

Its obvious to me that SIngapore is being turned into a Military Junta Regime. All the important ministries, stat boards and state enterprises are controlled by Generals. Just like in Mynamar or Indonesia. We are regressing out of democracy into a military dictatorship, this affords the most control over the population. And that is what the PAP wants.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its obvious to me that SIngapore is being turned into a Military Junta Regime. All the important ministries, stat boards and state enterprises are controlled by Generals. Just like in Mynamar or Indonesia. We are regressing out of democracy into a military dictatorship, this affords the most control over the population. And that is what the PAP wants.

That is very unfortunate.
I was very disappointed that the electorate did not see the benefit of electing more candidates from the Workers' Party, and CSJ and Paul Tambyah as MP's.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
That is very unfortunate.
I was very disappointed that the electorate did not see the benefit of electing more candidates from the Workers' Party, and CSJ and Paul Tambyah as MP's.

Unfortunately, there has to be an education process for the electorate to see the benefits. While some of the responsibility has to rest on the electorate to educate themselves, most are not educated enough nor broad minded enough to analyse the situation. Coupled with the incompetence and maybe even complicity of the oppo parties in there is not really much the electorate is prepared to do other then vote conservative and vote PAP. They will ultimately pay for it soon.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, there has to be an education process for the electorate to see the benefits. While some of the responsibility has to rest on the electorate to educate themselves, most are not educated enough nor broad minded enough to analyse the situation. Coupled with the incompetence and maybe even complicity of the oppo parties in there is not really much the electorate is prepared to do other then vote conservative and vote PAP. They will ultimately pay for it soon.

I agree with the above.
In addition, the PAP's apparent control of the local SG media, TV channels, and possible affiliation of the People's Association with the PAP, do not help the non-PAP candidates.
Very sad.
Several years ago, two of my friends told me that since I have been a non-resident for decades, I should leave it.