• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Broker jailed 36 months for unauthorised trades that cost his employer $9m

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I congratulate UOB for losing $9 million to this rogue trader. They won't hire singaporeans but instead hire lying, cheating PRC FTs to work for them. They deserved what they got. Now, will the PAP take this fucker's PR away?

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I congratulate UOB for losing $9 million to this rogue trader. They won't hire singaporeans but instead hire lying, cheating PRC FTs to work for them. They deserved what they got. Now, will the PAP take this fucker's PR away?

the prominent trait of an educated prc is they tend to behave in a way that others will think that they are reliable but if you interact more with them and understand them, it's money talks, bullshit walks.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
9m is peanuts,anyone remember the rogue trader who came to singapore in 1995 and accumulated 1.3 billion losses and bankrupted his bank and cost singapore stock exchange hundreds of millions of losses?

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
9m is peanuts,anyone remember the rogue trader who came to singapore in 1995 and accumulated 1.3 billion losses and bankrupted his bank and cost singapore stock exchange hundreds of millions of losses?

leeson....he wrote a book and thought it would help to exonerate himself from his crimes as well as to earn him some lunch money....saw the book being sold at Times warehouse sale for $1.00...didn't seem to have many takers....:eek:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
leeson....he wrote a book and thought it would help to exonerate himself from his crimes as well as to earn him some lunch money....saw the book being sold at Times warehouse sale for $1.00...didn't seem to have many takers....:eek:

yeah saw the movie recently,rogue trader 1995, doubt many sinkies remember him or even know him.the movie was shot entirely in singapore,so u get a feeling what singapore was like pre 2000.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah saw the movie recently,rogue trader 1995, doubt many sinkies remember him or even know him.the movie was shot entirely in singapore,so u get a feeling what singapore was like pre 2000.
Like pinky he survived cancer and got off rather lightly with only 4 years in changi....

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good Post.
By and large, a very significant percentage of the Singaporeans (for sure those whom I know), are law abiding citizens.
With respect, I am not sure about those foreign talents (whom some forummers here sometimes refer to as "tiongs" or "shit skins").

To this day, I am unaware of any country, except perhaps Singapore, who does not ensure that her citizens are given first priority to any job vacancy, unless the employer can prove that no Singapore qualify or able to perform the job's descriptions. Even if those foreigners are cheaper and do not have disruptions due to NS and reservist obligations.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The stock exchange & MAS was sleeping, have you forgotten how much the people have lost, over Malaysian CLOB??, when KLSE pugged the plug??, what happened to the 'boast' of taking them to the ICJ?? International Court Of Justice??...

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

UOB deserves this for their pro-FT policy. Ha Ha.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Post.
By and large, a very significant percentage of the Singaporeans (for sure those whom I know), are law abiding citizens.
With respect, I am not sure about those foreign talents (whom some forummers here sometimes refer to as "tiongs" or "shit skins").

To this day, I am unaware of any country, except perhaps Singapore, who does not ensure that her citizens are given first priority to any job vacancy, unless the employer can prove that no Singapore qualify or able to perform the job's descriptions. Even if those foreigners are cheaper and do not have disruptions due to NS and reservist obligations.

Charlie, please shut up and sit down. 69.9% of Singaporeans like this PAP policy.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taking away this bugger's SPR is no big deal to him. After all, he still has a return ticket back home to get another job.

Only dumb pappies believe in giving SPR to foreigners. Only dumb employers like UOB believe in giving jobs to foreigners. Because of their stupidity, locals have to compete with foreigners for jobs in their own country, an unique feature of life in sinkie land, cannot be found in another country. Yet, 70% brain dead sinkies still voted pappies.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
UOB deserves this for their pro-FT policy. Ha Ha.

Wee family should thank and pray to their ancestors with big roasted pig and big candle sticks this tiong bugger did not cause UOB to collapse like a pack of cards that Nick Leeson did to that Brit bank with his unauthorised trade.