• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Strong Wind Blowing to Singapore!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
wind has intensified to 10km/h and it is only at noon now.
haze will get worst tonight.

Should be "Haze will get WORSE tonight".

WORST is superlative.

WORSE is comparative.

For more information check the links in my signature.

Higher wind speeds are actually a positive. Nothing is worse than the doldrums as it means the haze just sits there.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's hope the wind blows harder so that particulate is dispersed over a wider area.

your statement may be true for big country like USA or Australia or New Zealand.
However, it is not true for Small country like Singapore.
I believe stronger will send PSI higher

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
your statement may be true for big country like USA or Australia or New Zealand.
However, it is not true for Small country like Singapore.
I believe stronger will send PSI higher

Please explain why you think higher wind velocities result in denser haze.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please explain why you think higher wind velocities result in denser haze.

this is because the wind direction blowing to singapore is SSE
it is 165 degree.
It is from Sumatra and Riau Island.
Singapore position is strongly hit at this direction.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
this is because the wind direction blowing to singapore is SSE
it is 165 degree.
It is from Sumatra and Riau Island.
Singapore position is strongly hit at this direction.

What does that have to do with wind velocity?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
stronger wind and if the direction is from Indonesia, Singapore will suffer more haze.
now haze is on the increasing trend
I think you mean if the strong wind starts from Sumatra and continues all the way to Singapore, and then STOPS here, right?
But if the wind AT Singapore continues blowing eastwards, then the haze would also continue drifting out of Singapore.

Anyway, what's more important is for the fires in Sumatra to stop burning; otherwise, the old haze will simply keep being replaced by new haze.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder they cap the damages to 2 million dollars. Kns. What is 2 mil to the millionster a? Less than 4 peanuts.
My dear gingerlyn:

Please don't blame the wind, the sea, the heaven, etc....for the haze.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the haze currently enveloping Sinkieland is an act of man, not act of Allah/Buddha/Jesus/Yahweh or Lee Kuan Yew.

Just in case you didn't already know, the Founding Familee's private investment agencies have invested millions of USD into the companies responsible for the haze. That's what a little bird from the West told me.

Oh, I almost forgot to say to you: You deserve the type of government you voted in. Please don't blame the wind, the sea, the rain, etc... for the haze problem.