• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bishan chicken rice seller dies due to liver cancer, brother paralysed due to liver

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bishan chicken rice seller dies due to liver cancer, brother paralysed due to liv

Not surprising that the standard of chicken rice has fallen in Spore. It is I think due to the rising costs of doing business in Spore rather than the location of a restaurant.

this's beri true.... there used to have a good CR stall at bishan st 22, kopitaim run by a husband + wife...
1-2 yrs back, they moved out....b'cos of the f#### kopitaim owner...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Bishan chicken rice seller dies due to liver cancer, brother paralysed due to liv

Not surprising that the standard of chicken rice has fallen in Spore. It is I think due to the rising costs of doing business in Spore rather than the location of a restaurant.

I dun agree.
People will pay for good food. I think it's more to do with following pap way of taking short cuts and maximising profits.
I tried the chatterbox chicken rice not long ago.....prices have kept up with inflation ($27++) but standards have dropped by a lot. Went to chin chin at hylam street and same same standards have dropped too.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bishan chicken rice seller dies due to liver cancer, brother paralysed due to liv

Probably hepatitis B carriers, hope the food not contaminated.

Cannot be. All those working serving food are tested for all kinds of disease including hepatitis and herpes. Cannot serve food if you got these.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bicarbonate of soda is alkaline but wouldn't it cause you body to react by producing more acidity to neutralized the alkaline effect?

not sure if its effective except against fungus which at chronic stage may cause cancer.

Sorry I do not know the science behind the bicarbonate treatment. You can google for the details to find out more
Dr. Tullio Simoncini an italian oncologist is the person who is using it to cure cancer.

Here are some youtube video that show that the treatment works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6LiHYLXBV4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gQmh-Og5Dc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQrcdBnAt58

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can avoid the long queues if you avoid the peak hours of lunch & dinner time.

I actually prefer the chicken rice that you get from Swee Kee & Boon Tong Kee. However it's been a long time since I've eaten at these places.

Boon Tong Kee, ages ago, before they became a franchise & started sprouting all over the place, the chicken rice & food was really good, ate at one of their branches...it was lousy.

Swee Kee, didn't the original owner close down & migrated??...don't think the current name "swee kee" is the sam people that run it. There is a chicken rice plus other dishes restaurant at Purvis Street, towards Beach Rd., is still around, chicken rice not too bad & other dishes still good, the place still look the same....

There is another opposite Imperial Court, Thomson Road, near to the previous "long house"...chicken rice etc...still not bad.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cancer Prone Food Stall Names Hor

Ming Kee = Meng Kee = Mati With Cancer

Bugis_Street_Ming_Kee_Chicken_Rice_.JPG

+

Storefront.17.jpg

Legend.jpg

= Down By Cancer

Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon: East Coast Food Village

Satay-Beehoon.0.jpg

It’s funny why there are not more Satay Bee Hoon Stalls around Singapore. The demand for this

famous Satay Bee Hoon is so great that at 10.30pm at night, the queue is still 30 minutes long!

I was never that big on Satay Bee Hoon, but mom is. So after a 30 min wait,

we were finally blessed with the plate of beehoon, cuttlefish, prawns, meat and See Hum (cockles)

drowned in a creamy peanut sauce. I can’t remember the last time I tasted Satay Bee Hoon (might

have been twenty years ago), but man! I suddenly realise why the people don’t mind waiting.

The peanut sauce was really creamy and you can savour the taste the freshly roasted peanuts.

Its almost like eating peanut butter with curry spices. I was told by my friend,

Holy Drummer who is a big fan of the Satay Bee Hoon (He eats it every fortnight at least) that the

reason the peanut sauce is so creamy is that they use a Coffee Grinder to grind the peanuts!

The prawns and other ingredients are very fresh although they use only small prawns.

At the end of the day it is the Sauce that is the real star. Forget all the other ingredients,

I just want bee hoon and Satay Sauce.

Update 31 Mar 2012

Unfortunately, the stall has changed hands as one of the brothers fell and injured himself and the other one has been diagnosed with cancer.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Went to this chicken rice stall for my lunch.
Overheard a lady asked her bf to order food for her. A pack of boneless chicken rice without skin.

Wanted to ask The lady: no hand ar? Why can't do all these by yourself...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boon Tong Kee, ages ago, before they became a franchise & started sprouting all over the place, the chicken rice & food was really good, ate at one of their branches...it was lousy.

Swee Kee, didn't the original owner close down & migrated??...don't think the current name "swee kee" is the sam people that run it. There is a chicken rice plus other dishes restaurant at Purvis Street, towards Beach Rd., is still around, chicken rice not too bad & other dishes still good, the place still look the same....

There is another opposite Imperial Court, Thomson Road, near to the previous "long house"...chicken rice etc...still not bad.

Actually the last time I ate at Swee Kee was a long, ... long time ago. Definitely during that time it was the original owners because back then there was only one location. Unfortunately the location was not convenient for me & there were many other chicken rice alternatives.

The locatuin that was more convenient was Boon Tong Kee at the Serangoon Rd near to where the Boon Keng MRT is now located. Is this the original:confused:

I've also been to the chicken rice place at Thomson Rd nearby to the old Long House but can't remember the name:o
Would sometimes go there for lunch with work colleagues.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Overheard a lady asked her bf to order food for her....

I recall a complaint from a younger junior male staff had about Spore girls. They talked to him him like they would to their maid..
Many of the newer generation have probably spent more time with their maids than their own parents.

So they are not used to treating colleagues as equals

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually the last time I ate at Swee Kee was a long, ... long time ago. Definitely during that time it was the original owners because back then there was only one location. Unfortunately the location was not convenient for me & there were many other chicken rice alternatives.

The locatuin that was more convenient was Boon Tong Kee at the Serangoon Rd near to where the Boon Keng MRT is now located. Is this the original:confused:

I've also been to the chicken rice place at Thomson Rd nearby to the old Long House but can't remember the name:o

Funny thing is, I had eaten at that Chicken Rice Shop you mention for ages...I never noticed the name..even till today!...there is another one down the road, outside Thomson Ridge Estate, next to UOB, called Kampung Chicken...the original people are not there, I still remember the original boss was a very tall Hainanese...very tall, for Hylam are usually short..like MBT, fro an example & GMS.

Boon Tong Kee was at River Valley Rd....back then was good. Nowadays, you do not find really good food. There is another imitation Swee Kee in Johor Baru...near to City Square Shopping centre..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That one is nam kee/ new nam kee? With the retro high back booth seats ala yesteryears?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dun agree.
People will pay for good food. I think it's more to do with following pap way of taking short cuts and maximising profits.
I tried the chatterbox chicken rice not long ago.....prices have kept up with inflation ($27++) but standards have dropped by a lot. Went to chin chin at hylam street and same same standards have dropped too.

Have not eaten The Chatterbox Chicken Rice....even I could afford, for I think, that must be for 'gods' we lesser mortals should not be eating. What is the difference between the $27 chicken rice & the $2.70 Chicken Rice Outside? Same thing with the 'two sisters' fried rice of was it $25?....had the chance to taste it when someone bought a packet a long while back....to me, no diff from the one at the corner. 'zi char' shop....only cost $2.50 back then...but the $25 had more ingredients. The same with the was it the $20 or $25 Hor Fun, my colleague once bought for me to eat from that restaurant at OCBC Annexe or was it OCBC Building, except for the Venison, taste like the $2.50 hor fun...

It is a matter of perception maybe...I dress in coat & tie...sounds better I eat a $25 hor fun...& in shorts & bermudas & flip flops..eating $2.50 hor fun...right? perception?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That one is nam kee/ new nam kee? With the retro high back booth seats ala yesteryears?

Thanks for jotting the brain..it is Nam Kee, the decor today still the same...must admit, had been a while I step in there, even though I was at Imperial Court Thomson just last week.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for jotting the brain..it is Nam Kee, the decor today still the same...must admit, had been a while I step in there, even though I was at Imperial Court Thomson just last week.

Thanks too for I recall now NEW nam kee is the one opposite novena church....operated by its relatives. Both popular with the Thomson area residents

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks too for I recall now NEW nam kee is the one opposite novena church....operated by its relatives. Both popular with the Thomson area residents

Is the one opposite Novena Church is there? have not been there for a while too...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boon Tong Kee was at River Valley Rd....back then was good. Nowadays, you do not find really good food. There is another imitation Swee Kee in Johor Baru...near to City Square Shopping centre..

I have tried the Swee Kee in JB but it was a long time ago before the the new CIQ complex. Back then used to alight at the old JB customs at the Causeway & would walk up to the City Square mall & would pass the Swee Kee restaurant. It is just before the Bee Chiang outlet.

The food quality in Spore is pretty low which makes it easier for me to keep to my diet of healthier home cooked food. The only time I eat out is when I am traveling.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Haven't been there in a while but all this talk has made me hungry for chicken rice.

Time for a visit & see how that area has changed. Want to see what they have replaced the Long House with. I know that they are building an MRT there & they have enbloc Shunfu, the HUDC next to the Marymount MRT station. So it might be the last chance before major changes are made to that area.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have tried the Swee Kee in JB but it was a long time ago before the the new CIQ complex. Back then used to alight at the old JB customs at the Causeway & would walk up to the City Square mall & would pass the Swee Kee restaurant. It is just before the Bee Chiang outlet.

The food quality in Spore is pretty low which makes it easier for me to keep to my diet of healthier home cooked food. The only time I eat out is when I am traveling.

i also like to do cooking , as it is healthier.

i love the wonton noodle at Zion hawker centre.
That fat auntie stall....not sure about the stall name, just found out that auntie also stay in woodlands.

you tried before?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i also like to do cooking , as it is healthier.

i love the wonton noodle at Zion hawker centre.
That fat auntie stall....not sure about the stall name, just found out that auntie also stay in woodlands.

you tried before?

Unfortunately I can't take too much hawker food because I have type II diabetes.

Sometimes I do eat the stuff but I pay for it e.g. feel drowsy from eating noodles/white rice, become very thirsty from all that msg, Also have bad taste in my mouth. Even get a mild case of stomach distress where going to the toilet, things come out as liquid:o

I really only pig out when I am traveling. Even indulge in ice cream:eek:

For those with type 2 diabetes, you can reduce the impact of white floor, sugars,..etc by taking nopal. Nopal is a cactus which helps to control sugar.
http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Nopal-Blood-Sugar-180-VeganCaps/19243

Last edited: