• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Student filmed hitting classmates 'counselled', 'deeply regrets his actions': Shuqun

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ministry of Education says it takes "a serious view of bullying in schools and does not condone such behaviour", after a Shuqun Secondary School student was filmed hitting two students repeatedly on the head.

SINGAPORE: Shuqun Secondary School has investigated a viral video which shows their male student hitting and slapping other students in class, and said that he has been counselled and "deeply regrets his actions".

In a video posted on the Facebook page of All Singapore Stuff on Monday (Sep 21) at 9.17am, a male student is seen hitting the head and face of another male student who was seated at his desk. Music can be heard playing the background and the victim did not react.

The alleged bully then took a book and hit the victim repeatedly on the head and did the same to another male student seated nearby. Both victims kept their heads down and did not retaliate.

All of the boys were wearing T-shirts that identified them as students of Shuqun Secondary School in Jurong.

Another male student is seen dancing on top of the teacher's table while this was happening. No teacher was seen in the video.

The clip has been watched more than 152,000 times as of 3pm on Monday.

STUDENT 'DEEPLY REGRETS' HIS ACTIONS

When contacted by Channel NewAsia, Shuqun Secondary School said it "has investigated and is counselling the students involved". "What might first begin as playfulness could potentially end up hurting others. The student involved has been counselled and he deeply regrets his actions."

The school also said that it will "continue to work with the students involved on observing appropriate boundaries and behaviour in the future". The parents of the students involved have been informed of the actions taken by the school.

Shuqun Secondary added: "The school takes all incidents of bullying seriously and has anti-bullying programmes to educate our students and dedicated Character and Citizenship Education lessons to help our students deal with such incidents."

The school also confirmed that a teacher was present in class when the incident occurred. "The subject teacher was on childcare leave. There was an adjunct teacher in class when the incident happened last Friday. The school has since spoken to the teacher," Shuqun Secondary said.

In a statement, the Ministry of Education (MOE) also said that it takes "a serious view of bullying in schools and does not condone such behaviour".

"Schools will investigate and follow up on all cases of ill-discipline and bullying, and will provide counselling and guidance to the students involved," an MOE spokesperson added.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/shuqun-secondary/2140726.html

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Student filmed hitting classmates 'counselled', 'deeply regrets his actions': Shu

what bullying….in animal tribes that is how young males learn to find their place in the hierarchy….PC cunts.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Student filmed hitting classmates 'counselled', 'deeply regrets his actions': Shu

education under PAP really gone to the dog

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shuqun was a famous gangster school back in the day when it was at bukit timah 7 mile....glad to see tradition preserved under pap rule.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

education under PAP really gone to the dog

Under lky time was already like that. I was physically and mentally bullied in school also. I was like chow yun fatt 1day I lose my mind and hoot back my assailant almost need to go hospital. Asfor me I cried after attacking back hehe

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Both shld be punished, u dun sit there n take shit. If he was my boy, I would have whacked him jialat jialat a man nid to stand up for himself, otherwise destined to b a faggot.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Counselling is not enough for the bully in the video that has gone viral, said Madam Esther Ng.

The president and founder of anti-bullying organisation Coalition Against Bullying For Children And Youth (Cabcy) added that the bully should know there are consequences and a strong message must be sent to those who laughed and enabled the bully.

Madam Ng was one of several experts who asserted that the school needs to take firm action on all parties to send a clear message against bullying.

They were reacting to a 52-second viral video showing a boy at Shuqun Secondary School bullying two other students in class on Friday during a mathematics lesson.

Several parents were also infuriated. Madam Nur Reyla, 48, who has five children aged 16 to 24, told The New Paper: “As a parent, I feel furious and sad.

I can imagine the pain of the victim’s parents.” Read the full report in our print edition on Sept 22.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Counselling? What a joke. There should've been a public caning. In order to appear politically correct, the education system here has gone to the dogs.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Counsel kee lanjiao. Serious view kee lanjiao.

Just cane that bully and fuck his parents upside down la.

Chee bye MOE, chee bye school and demote the Principal.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like that consider bullying? The guys just having some fun in between lessons, very common in the old days and no one ever complained.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

i will teach my kids taewondo,who dares to bully my kids.
kick them back.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Counsel kee lanjiao. Serious view kee lanjiao.

Just cane that bully and fuck his parents upside down la.

Chee bye MOE, chee bye school and demote the Principal.

I have to agree with you on this one chump.
Caning now banned in schools?
From the victims' reactions this shit must have been ongoing for long time.
The entire class and the teachers need to be punished as well.
Identity of Fucking parents of the bully must be made public and they must issue public apology with undertaking to discipline their fucked up kid.
Counseling? What a joke

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Adjunct teacher present when bullying was going on in Shuqun Secondary
classroom: School reveals

SINGAPORE - Shuqun Secondary School has investigated a bullying incident captured on video, and is counselling the students, the school said on Monday (Sept 21).

In another update at around 9.30pm, the school added that an adjunct teacher was in the classroom when the bullying occurred last Friday (Sept 18).

Adjunct teachers are former and retired teachers who work on flexible terms.

The school said it has since spoken to the teacher. The actual subject teacher was on childcare leave.

"What might first begin as playfulness could potentially end up hurting others. The student involved has been counselled and he deeply regrets his actions," the school said earlier in an email to The Straits Times.

The parents of the students involved have also been informed, the school added. It emphasised that it takes all incidents of bullying seriously and has anti-bullying programmes to help students deal with such incidents.

The Ministry of Education (MOE) added that it takes a "serious view of bullying in schools and does not condone such behaviour".

A 52-second video clip of the incident, which happened in a classroom at Shuqun Secondary School in Jurong East, was first posted on the Facebook page of All Singapore Stuff on Monday morning.

It has garnered over 300,000 views and had been shared more than 9,500 times as of Monday 6pm.

The video, which appears to have been filmed by another student, shows a male student slapping the head of a classmate repeatedly with both hands. He then picks up a book and uses it to hit the victim's head, before doing the same to another classmate who was seated nearby.

Both victims kept their heads bowed and did not retaliate. Another male student can be seen dancing on the teacher's table in the background while the bullying was going on.

The Straits Times understands that all the students in the video are classmates in the same Secondary 3 Normal (Technical) class.

A Secondary 3 Express student, who knows the ones involved but would not give his name, said: "They are just playing around but the slapping part is a bit extreme."

Parents said schools need to take action against bullying. Lawyer Edwin Lee, 47, a father of four boys aged 10 to 18, said: "This cannot be condoned anywhere, especially in a school. The boy must be sternly counselled and disciplined."

He added: "His fellow classmates who stood by silently should also be spoken to, to educate them that they should stand up for one another."

MOE's Facebook page has been inundated with requests from netizens to look into the matter.

People who commented on the original post condemned the student's actions and urged MOE and the school's authorities to take appropriate action.

Wrote netizen Alice Tan: "It's so ridiculous, school is a place to study...not for bullies. The school should take disciplinary action immediately."

Dr Thomas Lee, medical director and consultant psychiatrist at The Resilienz Clinic, said: "School bullying is quite common and it's not rare for victims to keep quiet, for fear of making the situation worse."

He noted: "Sitting there quietly probably indicates that the boy has been bullied before. As you show more signs of being victimised, the bully gets bolder."

He said prolonged bullying could lead to long-term psychological trauma that could persist into adulthood. The presence of social media may deter people from behaving badly, "but I don't think it changes the bullying trend significantly".

Bullies act aggressively to show that they are in power, especially when they are surrounded by their peers, he said.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Counselling? What a joke. There should've been a public caning. In order to appear politically correct, the education system here has gone to the dogs.

whole.jpg

FIRST ROW: MR TAN THIAM CHYE, MR LI YUNDONG, MDM PANG MIIN LIH JASMINE, MR CHAN KAH WAI JEFFREY, MR JEE JIA WOEI, MR HOE YEOW KONG ROGER, MR P GOPALAKRISHNAN, MR TANG CHEE KUAN, MDM FU YING HUI, MR CHIA HAI SIANG, MISS BRITTA SEET, MDM HONG WEI LI SHIRLYN, MRS SIRAJ @SITI NURWATI BTE DALDURI, MISS NG SIU LYN SERENE, MR KAMALUDIN BIN BAHADIN, MISS DIMPLE KAUR SIDHU, MR TAN KOK BOON, MR NG YONG SHENG DARREN, MR TAN CHEK HENG JOSHUA, MR CHUA QUEE SING DANIEL

SECOND ROW: MISS SUNARTI BTE ABDUL WAHAB, MDM LEE YEE MEI, MISS HOI NGA MAN, MDM SARAH BTE MOHAMED, MISS ANG XINYI, MDM SUHANA BTE ZAINAL, MDM RAI CHIRADHINI, MDM LOH KAI LING, MISS KUAH WEI FEN, MDM MAKAISVERY ESTHER D/O PERIAK A, MR LEE YUEN LIM, MR FAIZAL BIN ABDUL AZIZ, MDM KHATIJAH BTE MOHAMED YATIM, MDM YEO HWEE CHING MAGDALENE, MRS GOH @SHIRIN BTE MAHMUD, MISS XU JIA'EN SERENA, MRS WEE@CHEW KIM ENG, MS NUR AMIRA AIDA BTE SAPARI, MISS HARLIANY BTE HAIRON, MDM RAFILAH BTE IDRIS, MISS SITI MAISURAH BTE ROSLI, MDM V VIJAYALETCHMI, MDM SUMIATE BTE HASSAN

THIRD ROW: MISS SEE RUI YIN, MDM ROZITA BTE BERAM, MISS CHONG SIANG FEIH CHERYL, MISS KOH CAIHUA, MISS QUEK POH NOI, MISS IZYAN BTE ISMAIL, MRS LEONG@ TAN WAI HONG JACELYN, MISS HAMSAVALLII D/O SUPPAYAN SODIMANI, MDM SUN KING YING, MDM TAN CHUI HOON TERESA, MDM G R RAJESWARI, MRS KOH BOON LONG, MISS MURUGAM DURGA DEVI, MISS EK BEN YEE, MISS PANG YUEN CHIN, MDM YEO GEOK CHU CINDY, MDM WONG SOOK ENG, MS HU LONGMEI, MDM PHUA SOO HWEE AMY, MRS CHIA @ LEE SOO LANG LINDA , MISS TEO QIN YI, MISS GOH WAN RU, MRS LIANG @ MDM LEK MEI XUAN, MISS TAN TAW YING, MISS THILASHINEE A., MISS NG MEIXI

FOURTH ROW: MR TAY VICTOR TEO, MR YEH BAO YAW, MR TAN HONG SOONG JOHN, MR CAI ZHENGYU, MR LEE SZE MENG, MR LIM JUAT BOO NORMAN, MR YEE NAM SIONG, MR MUHAMMAD IQBAL BIN ROSLI, MR LEE MUN ANDREW, MR MUHAMMAD ZULHILMI BIN ROHAIZAT, MR PHUA THIAM SENG, MR CHAY SHU HING PETER, MR LEE JUN WEI, MR CHAN SIEW KWAI, MR LOH CHEAN MENG, MR CHANG CHOO LIANG, MR ISMAIL BIN JAAFAR, MR LOH AI, MR YEO KENG BOON KENNETH, MR MUHAMMAD NUR'IMAN BIN SOHON AHMID, MR MUHAMMAD ISMAIL BIN ROSLI, MR J. GOKULAKRISHNAN, MR LIM PENG LIM WILFRED, MR ABDUL MALIK BIN ISMAIL, MR TAN KWANG CHEE, MR CHOO KAI LAM

FIFTH ROW: MDM YEO AIK SER, MISS LOUISA HO SUE CHENG, MISS CHEE JIALING SERENA, MR MOHAMED AZMIL BIN MOHAMED ALIAS, MR YAN HAOMING WILFRED, MR MOHD SHAH BIN ABD RAHMAN, MR FAIZAL BIN BOHARI, MR WOO WEI LI TERENCE, MR NG TECK CHUN, MR JIMMY SIOW LOONG KONG, MR ONG SHEN CHUEN NOEL, MR V. SATHIVEL, MR GOH BANG RUI, MR RATAN SINGH, MR LIM JIT SAI KELVIN, MR MOHD AYUB BIN ANANG, MR TAY CONG YU MARK, MR PAN MING EN, MR THAM KWOK KEE DENNIS, MISS TANG LI-LI, SALLY, MDM TEO SHIH CHYAN DANIELLE, MDM KURUSAMY GOVIND, MISS VANESSA CHAN SHEH JIN

Page Updated on:22-07-2015

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Teacher was in the classroom?! And the fucktard was jumping on the table?
Indeed education under pap has gone to the dogs......
Education minister going to do what?
Whore Jinx's sister the director of education in MOE going to shake legs as usual?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see nothing wrong with children having a little fun between lessons.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this the problem of Singapore children upbringing. Bully had been around since Christ was a corporal. It the victims and onlookers behaviour that are shocking. Just sit down there and accept the whacking.... it no wonder grown up liao kenna screwed by govt still vote for them.:rolleyes:

don't expect the school to do anything. in fact, the pupil who took the video and post online will be the one kenna screw by the school while the bully will be let off lightly. as a parent, my child told me about the bullying and the teacher at most can scold the bully and the bully will keep doing it as scolding no big deal. that why I told my child to punch in the face anyone who try to be funny, fight lose never mind, at least make the bully suffer pain too and being bully will go the path of least resistance and look for next weakest victim to bully and I will deal with the school when caught fighting in school.

ever since that, bullying greatly reduce. the school not happy with my instructions to my child but I fuck them back it because the school unable to stop bullying.